Pearl Jam "worst taste in music"

13»

Comments

• Your characterisation of people who like rap music is rather stereotypical and borderline racist. Do you really need to put others down to feel better about your taste in music?
    Hey people just for the record (there was some stuff said about kids earlier)

I love PJ, they're my favorite band, and I'm 14. Kids who don't like them have never listened to them, or they like black people (no offense) who shout and complain into microphones to a very basic and dumb beat while wearing strange urban clothes (aka rap).

So don't label all us modern teens, please. PJ forever.
  • loopjd wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:
    My 6 year olds First Grade Class has a project where each kid has to "publish" his/her own book and present it to the class. My son wrote an "Pearl Jam" book where he drew each band member and told the story of going to the show in San Diego.

Go a 5/5. A bunch of the kids in his class have asked him for some Pearl Jam so they can play it at home. He had to explain to them that each show is different as they change the set list. Then they wanted more. One girl asked if it is ok to still listen to Miley Cyrus. He said no and she is complying :D

A father has never been so proud.
    taking a 6 year old to a pearl jam concert??? really???

I guess you think it's too young? For most kids, yeah probably, but if the kid actually WANTS to be there, like this kid obviously was, I don't think there's really a problem with that. There will definitely be less whining and complaining if the kid is there of their own volition.
    Ohhh he certainly wanted to be there. Traveled all the way from NJ.. got to hear his favorite tune Brain of J.. He LOVED it... In fact he was playing name that PJ tune on the way to school this AM

IMG_0108-1-1.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Newch91 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:
    Hopefully he compliments ur right hook after you knock his teeth out.

Did that to a kid in Middle School for saying Pearl Jam sucked. Didn't knock out his teeth, but gave him a good black eye.

I'm not sure that hurting someone because they disagree with you is the best way to go in life.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
  • was this dude wearing a dress?
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Are all PJ fans as insecure about their musical tastes as some of the posters in this thread...I mean, WHO CARES if someone disagree or criticizes your favorite band! Get over yourselves
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • loopjdloopjd Posts: 121
    Newch91 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

Did that to a kid in Middle School for saying Pearl Jam sucked. Didn't knock out his teeth, but gave him a good black eye.

Wow. That's a little excessive, don't you think?
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
  • zootown wrote:
    Are all PJ fans as insecure about their musical tastes as some of the posters in this thread...I mean, WHO CARES if someone disagree or criticizes your favorite band! Get over yourselves

it's not an insecurity, it's more of a comparison between what our fellow pj fan listens to (good music), and what this other jackass listens to (crappy POS music that should be burned).

• satansbed wrote:
    my ex girlfriend just told me that shes starting to like pearl jam

oh god no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what to do man!!!! :twisted:
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Who cares what music other people like of if someone does not like PJ? Starting to sound like old folks around here.
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    zootown wrote:

it's not an insecurity, it's more of a comparison between what our fellow pj fan listens to (good music), and what this other jackass listens to (crappy POS music that should be burned).

Hey- answersarefatal---either you are looking to provoke with statements like this, or you just proved why some people dislike PJ fans due to their perception that we are a bunch of opinionated, close minded, primadonnas like yourself! Either way, nice post :thumbup:
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    oh my. oh my my. where to go with this?

many people have much to learn about rap.

I was just kidding lol.

I don't like rap, but I respect it.

OK, good. because it didn't really, you know, come off entirely like a joke..
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I think it's funny that people get upset when someone say's PJ sucks i don't ever talk PJ to anyone unless it's someone from here ...

Same here... I love to talk music with people, but I find myself toning it down when PJ comes up lately, I usually realize how much of a PJ geek I truly am!

But that's okay? Right?.... :shock:
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • zootown wrote:
    zootown wrote:

Hey- answersarefatal---either you are looking to provoke with statements like this, or you just proved why some people dislike PJ fans due to their perception that we are a bunch of opinionated, close minded, primadonnas like yourself! Either way, nice post :thumbup:

i can confirm that i am looking to provoke. :thumbup:

as for your other theory, never heard of it. sux because i was hoping that i'd prove a theory today. oh well, guess not.

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Pearl Jam is loved here in Storrs, CT

:D8-)
    I love to turn you on
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Pearl Jam is loved here in Storrs, CT

:D8-)

Nice. I'll be up there in two years! Can't wait! It would be pretty sweet if Pearl Jam played up in Storrs.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    loopjd wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

Wow. That's a little excessive, don't you think?

When I look back on it it was such a stupid thing to do. I didn't think at first. That was the only time in life that I've hurt someone.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I know many of you think theyre kids music and hey I'm 18, but look at yourselves when you were my age and Pearl Jam was just jitting it. Older people were complaining about your music. They cultures between the origin of Pearl Jam and various bands today is similar to, you all say that you would never mosh and it ruins the expierience of the concert, but look at Pearl Jam concerts from the begining, you guys were doing the same stuff. The music is just about being in your youth and letting it all out. Now I prefer to rush to the front in these bands shows because I think its greater to be right there instead of moshing. But I was at Warped Tour and moshed, and if I didnt have a split lip (5 stiches from wrecking my '65 Mustang NOT MY FAULT) I wouldve done the same thing at Bamboozle.

you've got more sense at 18 than most of these pathetically hypocritical PJ fans will ever possess no matter how many spare tires they've accumulated over the years.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    katellis wrote:
    I think it's funny that people get upset when someone say's PJ sucks i don't ever talk PJ to anyone unless it's someone from here ...

same here.

i'm with these two. i've no desire to become PJ's version of a Trekkie.