When Soundgarden Reunites in 2010...

2»

Comments

• Brisk. wrote:
    Anyone else suspect that Cornell is only doing this to get his "rock cred" back?

why the hell does that matter one bit? cornell can do this for money or jeans or whatever, i dont give two shits.

im just bloody glad soundgarden are gonna reform!

It's funny watching all these people moan and cry about matt leaving pearl jam... he isn't that essential to pearl jam as he is to soundgarden.. i for one wasn't old enough to see them back in the day.. i've seen pearl jam plenty enough times to be satisfied.. bring on soundgarden.

I didn't say it mattered. I'm just saying I think that may have a lot to do with it. After his last solo album...he really has nowhere to go except back to Soundgarden.

As for Matt, he's not leaving Pearl Jam. At this point in his career, I'd consider Soundgarden to be his side-project if anything. It's sweet that they're gonna play some shows and it would unbelievably awesome if they made an album. But I don't think they're gonna reunite to the point that they're a totally active band like they were in the 90's. But that's what makes Pearl Jam's current position so great. They can record and tour when they please...which opens up time for stuff like this.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Brisk. wrote:
    Anyone else suspect that Cornell is only doing this to get his "rock cred" back?

why the hell does that matter one bit? cornell can do this for money or jeans or whatever, i dont give two shits.

It's funny watching all these people moan and cry about matt leaving pearl jam... he isn't that essential to pearl jam as he is to soundgarden.. i for one wasn't old enough to see them back in the day.. i've seen pearl jam plenty enough times to be satisfied.. bring on soundgarden.

I didn't say it mattered. I'm just saying I think that may have a lot to do with it. After his last solo album...he really has nowhere to go except back to Soundgarden.

As for Matt, he's not leaving Pearl Jam. At this point in his career, I'd consider Soundgarden to be his side-project if anything. It's sweet that they're gonna play some shows and it would unbelievably awesome if they made an album. But I don't think they're gonna reunite to the point that they're a totally active band like they were in the 90's. But that's what makes Pearl Jam's current position so great. They can record and tour when they please...which opens up time for stuff like this.

ya okay, i meant to say IF he was gonna leave.
  • they should just get josh frese and call it a day.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Mono77Mono77 Posts: 76
    Brisk. wrote:

It's kind of selfish to say "I've seen pearl jam plenty of times, so now bring on soundgarden", when there is still people on the foroum who hasn't been able to be at a Pearl Jam show because they haven't done their countries. I know you americans and europeans have tours almost every year. But come on, think about us south americans, africans, central americans, asians... We don't have such a privilege as you guys...

I'm just saying I spect this SG reunion doesn't affect PJ touring this forgotten places. For instance, Mike said in an interview last year that they were doing South America 2010, I spect they still got that in their plans.
    I’ll never suck satan’s dick... = P