When Soundgarden Reunites in 2010...

CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
edited January 2010 in The Porch
matt isn't gonna leave the band jackasses.
if the reunion of SG happens it'll be one of two things ..

A.) when pj isn't touring
B.) WITH pj and matt plays both

ed, matt himself, and other members have clarified matt is officially in the band to stay no matter what ... for good. he is never leaving.

thats exactly what I was going to say.

I don't think anyone reading this is thinking that PJ is really gonna tour without Matt. It's just not gonna happen.

...I think OP is looking for a hypothetical. :D
ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
*NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
*MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
*Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
*Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
*Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
*VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
*EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
*Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    BeerBaron wrote:
    who do you want at drums?

dave abbruzzese or jack irons?

(my vote goes to Jack)
    When they do, don't let anyone talk you in to leaving the show early :mrgreen:

haha NEVER AGAIN!
  • sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186
    Dave A. couldn't wipe Danny Carey's (of Tool) ass.
    I love his drumming. :mrgreen: He's great.
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    jack irons is retired from drumming and is a studio drummer for spinnerette. he also did producer work for some canadian band
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    My gosh! You people respond too fast. Just when I was eager to jump in and suggest Danny Carey (of Tool), someone beat me to it!

This would definitely be a BAD mix with two completely different styles...but just to get another chance to watch him drum.... :)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    metsfan wrote:
    jack irons is retired from drumming and is a studio drummer for spinnerette. he also did producer work for some canadian band

I didn't know JI was into producing albums. Cool news.

I would still love to see a festival where all albums are played in their entirety with the original drummers from the albums... 3 albums per show, with encores of rare material. :D
  • Chris Cornell could drum for Soundgarden.
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    Hate to get off topic but Brisk, no Kurt in your avatar?....maybe instead of B.C.?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    MAS wrote:
    Hate to get off topic but Brisk, no Kurt in your avatar?....maybe instead of B.C.?

They are just my personal heroes, Nirvana suck lots compared to the other 3 main Seattle bands from that time anyhow.
    FY51755 wrote:
    My gosh! You people respond too fast. Just when I was eager to jump in and suggest Danny Carey (of Tool), someone beat me to it!

This would definitely be a BAD mix with two completely different styles...but just to get another chance to watch him drum.... :)

After hearing *Forty Six & 2", I wanted to call him up and say "will you marry me?" ;)

CJMST3K wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

I would still love to see a festival where all albums are played in their entirety with the original drummers from the albums... 3 albums per show, with encores of rare material. :D

now that would be an awesome final show idea
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    CJMST3K wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

yea someone on here mentioned a few months back jack does some work for die mannequin(canadian band). thats all i'm really going on.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    sagapo1 wrote:
    FY51755 wrote:

After hearing *Forty Six & 2", I wanted to call him up and say "will you marry me?" ;)

It AMAZES me that you can take dissect his drums from ANY song and just listen to him and him alone...than again you can do that with the guitar, bass, and vocals! But that's what makes Tool Tool.

Great, I should be studying but now Ill be on Youtube searching for Danny Carey!
    FY51755 wrote:
    sagapo1 wrote:
    FY51755 wrote:

It AMAZES me that you can take dissect his drums from ANY song and just listen to him and him alone...than again you can do that with the guitar, bass, and vocals! But that's what makes Tool Tool.

Great, I should be studying but now Ill be on Youtube searching for Danny Carey!

I feel the same way.

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    acoustic theater tour with Ed's Left Foot on drums.

kidding. I'd be fine with no drums.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    CJMST3K wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

now that would be an awesome final show idea

20th Anniversary Show!
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98508
    now that would be an awesome final show idea[/quote]

20th Anniversary Show!
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98508[/quote]

Hey man! Nice thread
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Dave. Motherfucker can drum.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
    bring back jack so we can enjoy a 2010 us tour!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    who do you want at drums?

dave abbruzzese or jack irons?

(my vote goes to Jack)
    I want Matt Cameron for both Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    i wonder is pj could pick up a 'free agent drummer'.... perhaps jimmy vivino (the guy who subs for max weinberg when he tours for bruce) :mrgreen:

he plays the guitar.
    I miss igotid88
  • You people are idiots..

Who replaced Stone and Jeff when Green River reunited???
  • matt isn't gonna leave the band jackasses.

ed, matt himself, and other members have clarified matt is officially in the band to stay no matter what ... for good. he is never leaving.

yeah, that doesn't mean that soundgarden isn't going to get a boat load of money offered to them to play festivals at the same time that PJ could potentially be on tour, like in Europe already in June/July and someone else couldn't temporarily fill in.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • You people are idiots..

Who replaced Stone and Jeff when Green River reunited???

why would you just call people idiots like that? for no reason? seriously it is well within the realm of possibility that they could end up having conflicting schedules this summer and PJ brings in someone to fill in.

you should take 3 minutes of your life and watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIt0nac23aA
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • dbodnerdbodner Posts: 60
    Didn't Green River reunite for only one show? Not sure how that comparison proves anything.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    CJMST3K wrote:
    matt isn't gonna leave the band jackasses.

thats exactly what I was going to say.

I don't think anyone reading this is thinking that PJ is really gonna tour without Matt. It's just not gonna happen.

...I think OP is looking for a hypothetical. :D

hahaha.

he aint leaving anywhere, I dont know how anyone would even question that.

But the real question is: How badly can he still tear up JCP on the kit?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • how about Soundsgarden and Pj tour together? matt does double duty AND we get some chris and eddie songs together
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    acoustic theater tour with Ed's Left Foot on drums.

i could deal with that
    :mrgreen:
  • OpenOpen Posts: 792
    http://www.spin.com/articles/its-offici ... -reuniting

They will work around Matt's schedule with PJ.
  • Anyone else suspect that Cornell is only doing this to get his "rock cred" back?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Anyone else suspect that Cornell is only doing this to get his "rock cred" back?

why the hell does that matter one bit? cornell can do this for money or jeans or whatever, i dont give two shits.

im just bloody glad soundgarden are gonna reform!

It's funny watching all these people moan and cry about matt leaving pearl jam... he isn't that essential to pearl jam as he is to soundgarden.. i for one wasn't old enough to see them back in the day.. i've seen pearl jam plenty enough times to be satisfied.. bring on soundgarden.