• Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981

reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Thee Oh Sees ‎- Warm Slime.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2010, 45rpm.

God bless you! What'd you pay?
    Wasn't much, $30NZ, which is about $20US.. :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

Well shit... This is what happened with DMB under the table a few years ago. It was analog to 24/96 to vinyl. People were unhappy.
    Just listened to Piper and on my humble system is sounds good. If your a fan of the early Pink Floyd, I think its a no brainer to pick these up if you don't have minty UK originals.
    Thanks for the update. I was waiting on reviews. I've heard a lot of positives. I placed an order for the UK versions today.

2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,165
    5 new Castleface records!!!

Thee Oh Sees Live in SanFran on clear. Comes w DVD and new song Flexi

Useless Eaters-Relaxing Death on Cyanide swirl

Mountains and Rainbows-Particles on Deep Blueberry

Male Gaze-King Leer on Royal Jelly

Running-Wake Up Applauding on Half flesh/half bruised

Y'all need to hop on this label before they get ridiculous!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    ambst95 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

Well shit... This is what happened with DMB under the table a few years ago. It was analog to 24/96 to vinyl. People were unhappy.
    Just listened to Piper and on my humble system is sounds good. If your a fan of the early Pink Floyd, I think its a no brainer to pick these up if you don't have minty UK originals.
    Thanks for the update. I was waiting on reviews. I've heard a lot of positives. I placed an order for the UK versions today.

Cool. the EU versions will be pressed at optimal. The US versions, like mine, are pressed at RTI. Both quality plants. I actually like the labels on the EU versions a little better. They are a tad different and will prolly get both versions of Meddle and Animals when they release.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,738
    MedozK said:

ambst95 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

Cool. the EU versions will be pressed at optimal. The US versions, like mine, are pressed at RTI. Both quality plants. I actually like the labels on the EU versions a little better. They are a tad different and will prolly get both versions of Meddle and Animals when they release.
    Is Animals confirmed?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

ambst95 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

Is Animals confirmed?
    Yes, all 15 will be part of the reissue campaign.

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/vinyl/
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I got the Floyd reissues too, but not getting them til Monday when I'll be out of town. I'm pretty confident that they'll sound really good. The early Floyd albums are fairly hard to come by good copies. I have a mint Saucerful, but the other pre DSOTM stuff is pretty static-y.

Collectors choice has them all and the coupon code king25 puts them under $100 for the set.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,716
    edited June 2016
    MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

ambst95 said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

Is Animals confirmed?
    Yes, all 15 will be part of the reissue campaign.

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/vinyl/
    Wasn't Division Bell just reissued a year or two ago (and The Wall, and DSOTM... and others??) .... Well anyway, hopefully this version of The Division Bell will be cheaper. I can't find the first reissue for less than $50 (or if i can, the shipping erases any saving).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited June 2016
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Division Bell will not be reissued

That link above says that it's "Coming soon" just like all the others.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Yep, early reports said it would not be reissued, along with WYWH, DSOTM, etc....that has obviously changed.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes, all 15 will be reissued. These first 4 sound great. Can't wait for Meddle and Animals.

Pretty sure Division Bell and Endless River will contain the same mastering, prolly just a sticker on the shrink will be the difference.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    Uh, okay, thanks guys. :lol:;)
  • Options
    I will say the Wall is not at the same level as dark side or wish, in terms of quality. I find it slightly dull, or a bit muted compared to the other two. They are fantastic.
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Joni Mitchell - Ladies of the Canyon

Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,165
    The Traveling Willburys Box set
    Iron Maiden Live After Death
    Courtney Barnett Double EP
    Arcade Fire The Suburbs
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,223
    Pink Floyd - The Wall (original)
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    Boston - Don't Look Back
    Billy Squier - Enough is Enough
    Fastway - Fastway
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,970
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,022
    I feel like Ive pre-ordered 3 dozen albums in the past month. Later summer/early fall is gonna be crazy for mail.

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Yeah, around the end of July I feel like I'm going to be buried up to my head but at the moment just waiting.
  • Options
    jlj_swe said:

Tempted to get this, let me know how it sounds, can't seem to stop buying Stones records every few months when a new one appears. Anyone know what the next Stones Vault is.
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,504
    New Order - Lost Sirens
    Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    FR181798 said:

jlj_swe said:

Tempted to get this, let me know how it sounds, can't seem to stop buying Stones records every few months when a new one appears. Anyone know what the next Stones Vault is.
    It was better than I had hoped for and the sound is totally brilliant!
    It's really nice to listen to without looking at the setlist, then you really realize what a superb treasure chest Rolling Stones have to pick songs from.

I haven't watched the dvd yet though.
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wow this is great news. I love that cd but am not going to spring for the vinyl. It's just too expensive. This is probably his third best album and a total classic. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,826
    The new Band of Horses record sounds excellent. What a nice pressing. Wish all new albums were that good
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    pjpitt89 said:

The new Band of Horses record sounds excellent. What a nice pressing. Wish all new albums were that good

You say what I want to hear
  • Options
    Yeah new Band of Horses is great. Amazon shipped it in less than a week from the US to the UK using the cheapest postage option. Although I love to buy through indie retailers, you can't knock service like that. Barnes and Noble on the other hand - terrible, still waiting on the new Dylan LP despite preordering.