"real fans"???

2»

Comments

• titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    No, it just means you have money going to all those shows. I would love to go seem them a million times all around the world. Pearl Jam is the greatest thing in the world to me, but I don't have that kind of money. I'd love to buy everything that Pearl Jam has to offer again I don't have that kind of money, but I do have whats most important the music to listen to.

ditto, if only i had that kinda spare cash, and no family to worry about, i'd be of as much as i could
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Pearl Jam is my favourite band and i´ve never been in a show... I live in Uruguay in south america and I don´t have the the luck of been a resident in the U.S....but I love this band and it means a lot to me and the Pearl Jam´s music helps me when I have troubles and every day, makes it a better day.

And I´m still waiting for the 2010....maybe they play Argentina or Brazil and I make my dream come true, because Uruguay is a litlle country in the middle of those big ones and they would never play here....it´s sad but I can live with that.

So, we are all fans with differents ways of love the band and they music. Someones have seen them many times, others never, others buy posters, others rarities, or clothes.....we are all JAMILY man and you got to be proud of live at the same time that this band is in action...just enjoy Pearl Jam in your own way, that´s what all the fans do.

P.S.: I´m thinkin´ in start a thread with a petition for Pearl Jam to play in Uruguay, but I don´t really know...It´s a real dream.
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

I am sure there are plenty of Doors fans here on this board. How many Doors shows have you Doors fans been to? Pick up any tour posters at any of those shows?
    a big fat 0
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    metsfan wrote:

I am sure there are plenty of Doors fans here on this board. How many Doors shows have you Doors fans been to? Pick up any tour posters at any of those shows?
    a big fat 0

Yep, me too... I was also born a couple years after Morrison died... so I guess I'm SOL! :|
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I really hate these "Real Fans" or "Huge Fans" kind of schoolyard bullshit.
    Either you like the band and/or their music or you don't. There's is no ratings system in place to say who belongs where. I'm no better than anyone else... and if the person that liked 'Ten' through 'Vitalogy' goes to the show and has a great time, i'm happy for them.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • If you refer to live albums that cost 15 dollars as "bootlegs"....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

If you've thought about stealing a Yield sign from the side of the road....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

If you have 10 or more songs on your iPod titled "Encore Break"....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • budgebudge Posts: 6
    Can't say what makes a "Real Fan", but the "Unreal Fans" are the one's that ask if Kurt Cobain is still the singer.... :o

Dude you didn't hear ... Nirvana is going back on tour, Meat Puppets are opening for them.
  • If you refer to live albums that cost 15 dollars as "bootlegs"....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

If you've thought about stealing a Yield sign from the side of the road....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

If you have 10 or more songs on your iPod titled "Encore Break"....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

I like the way you think ;)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV

Well if you're into my Pearl Jam comedy, you may enjoy this post from a few days ago: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117774&start=0#p2646434
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to MY world!!!!!
    11/30/93 7/11/98 10/22/00 4/28/03 6/6/03 9/30/05 7/6/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 10/9/09 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/17/10 5/18/10 6/22/10 6/23/10 6/25/10 10/23/10 10/24/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/21/11 9/23/11 9/25/11 6/20/12 6/21/12 9/30/12 7/19/13 10/21/13 10/22/13 10/30/13 11/19/13 11/21/13 11/29/13 11/30/13 12/2/13 12/4/13 12/6/13 6/16/14 6/17/14 6/22/14 6/25/14 6/26/14
    EV Solo: SAN 08 EWR 08 STL 11 LAS 12
    Who Rock Honors 08
    Bridge School 10 14
    FTM 12
    Holier than thou....how?
    Surrendered...Executed any how........
  • jr19 wrote:
    been a fan since they started. pretty hardcore at that and i have never been to a pj live show. cant say ive had many chances. living in the deep south like a f'n redneck.. oh well i am going to see wilco in march in savannah, ga. yahhhhh

I've seen Wilco twice. Gotta say, behind Pearl Jam, they throw one of the best shows, PERIOD! Enjoy it, they're fantastic, and all the guys are great to talk to if you get a chance. I got backstage passes during the last show, and got to hang out with most of the band. Crazy fun!
  • I don't really see this too much at shows and I have a solid number. Most people I meet at shows are pretty cool. In Philly I sat next to someone who was using a friend's ticket and it was her first show. She was very excited, made me remember my first time. Hell, after 31 shows I still get goosebumps when the lights go down! By no means am I more of a fan than anyone else.
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    1. Are you a being of some sort?

2. Do you have some way of absorbing the music into your body

3. do you like Pearl Jam's music?

if so you are a real fan

if you are an idea, you are SOL

fans who brag about how many shows are lame. I list mine in my tag in hopes of someone seeing them and saying, oh shit i was there too, and sparking a conversation with a new PJ friend. Or maybe someone who was not there asking about it and I can give a long winded response about how cool it was when Ed sang the Empire Carpet song at Chicago 94.

personally I don't judge anyone by how many of this or that, how did they act in the front rows, what shirt do they have on, etc etc. I judge the real fans by those who are passionate about PJ, how the fuck I can tell that...you just know to be honest ;-)
  • Pearl Jam is my favourite band and i´ve never been in a show... I live in Uruguay in south america and I don´t have the the luck of been a resident in the U.S....but I love this band and it means a lot to me and the Pearl Jam´s music helps me when I have troubles and every day, makes it a better day.

And I´m still waiting for the 2010....maybe they play Argentina or Brazil and I make my dream come true, because Uruguay is a litlle country in the middle of those big ones and they would never play here....it´s sad but I can live with that.

So, we are all fans with differents ways of love the band and they music. Someones have seen them many times, others never, others buy posters, others rarities, or clothes.....we are all JAMILY man and you got to be proud of live at the same time that this band is in action...just enjoy Pearl Jam in your own way, that´s what all the fans do.

P.S.: I´m thinkin´ in start a thread with a petition for Pearl Jam to play in Uruguay, but I don´t really know...It´s a real dream.
    congrats...if they play here u have a place to stay,my spare ticket the drinks,the food all covered..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I consider myself a huge pearl jam fan, but I don't post much and i've only seen them live like 6 times. some people are casual fans, some people are avid fans, and some people are borderline obsessive. stay away from those types. they're scary. i'm sure the band would agree.
    "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Ben Franklin
  • I've been to 4 shows in England only. My boyfriend has been to 11 shows in 8 different countries... We're both obsessed with Pearl Jam but also appreciate that our love for them is equal to each others.

I have friends who've seen PJ scary number of times but they're no more 'real fans' than the one friend of mine who actually introduced me to the band many moons ago... he's only seen them twice.

'Real fans' are people who love the music. IMO.
    you were introduced to the band? wow what was eddie like :lol::lol::mrgreen:;)
  • I don't really see this too much at shows and I have a solid number. Most people I meet at shows are pretty cool. In Philly I sat next to someone who was using a friend's ticket and it was her first show. She was very excited, made me remember my first time. Hell, after 31 shows I still get goosebumps when the lights go down! By no means am I more of a fan than anyone else.

No doubt.

I've seen them 35 times, and I still get that nervous energy before each show. I love debating with friends about what they'll open with that night. I love having the "what do you want to hear tonight" conversations.

I told my wife that if I ever turn into "that guy (fan)" who complains after shows about not hearing a particular song, or complaining because they played repeats on back to back nights, to please slap me and not let me go to any more shows. Because then I'll know that I've had enough.

(although I did bitch about the multiple Just Breath encores from this tour. But that doesn't count because I wasn't there :D )
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I don't really see this too much at shows and I have a solid number. Most people I meet at shows are pretty cool. In Philly I sat next to someone who was using a friend's ticket and it was her first show. She was very excited, made me remember my first time. Hell, after 31 shows I still get goosebumps when the lights go down! By no means am I more of a fan than anyone else.

No doubt.

I've seen them 35 times, and I still get that nervous energy before each show. I love debating with friends about what they'll open with that night. I love having the "what do you want to hear tonight" conversations.

I told my wife that if I ever turn into "that guy (fan)" who complains after shows about not hearing a particular song, or complaining because they played repeats on back to back nights, to please slap me and not let me go to any more shows. Because then I'll know that I've had enough.

(although I did bitch about the multiple Just Breath encores from this tour. But that doesn't count because I wasn't there :D )

cantkeep, you should have made your way down here for the Philly shows. Philly's doable from Maine. :)
    I've done it many times.

You could have got Just Breathe every night. Trust me, you would not have been complaining. It was beautiful.

• No doubt.

cantkeep, you should have made your way down here for the Philly shows. Philly's doable from Maine. :)
    I've done it many times.

You could have got Just Breathe every night. Trust me, you would not have been complaining. It was beautiful.

Hey there.......I actually did make it down for the Wednesday show. It was kind of a last minute decision, and a buddy and I drove down early Wednesday morning, and drove back home early Thursday morning. It was nice to hear Just Breathe.......my wife certainly appreciated it when I called her during it :D

I think it was after the LA shows when I commented about it, as I think they got it every night.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    shejammzt wrote:
    If you refer to live albums that cost 15 dollars as "bootlegs"....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

Welcome to MY world!!!!!

population of THAT world ain't 1.
    Just sayin' :D

you all should prolly stick out your necks to the crazy-ass world of Pearl Jam facebook junkies.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    nah, it's about how many posts you have on the message board, everyone knows that.

fuckin a, why am i not moderating this place and getting backstage passes then? what the hell have been putting in all this time for?
  • mrshock13 wrote:
    jr19 wrote:
    been a fan since they started. pretty hardcore at that and i have never been to a pj live show. cant say ive had many chances. living in the deep south like a f'n redneck.. oh well i am going to see wilco in march in savannah, ga. yahhhhh

I've seen Wilco twice. Gotta say, behind Pearl Jam, they throw one of the best shows, PERIOD! Enjoy it, they're fantastic, and all the guys are great to talk to if you get a chance. I got backstage passes during the last show, and got to hang out with most of the band. Crazy fun!

Absolutely Second this!! Wilco puts on an amazing live show!! I've been lucky enough to see them several times over the last two years (three times in one week in October :oops: ) One of the best things about this band is that they are ALWAYS touring...JR19- enjoy the show in Savannah!! If if I could justify a trip from OK, I would totally be there! Now, I'll just twiddle my thumbs, waiting to see who comes back to this part of the country first...PJ or Wilco. Hopefully both, just not on the same day!!
    "I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."
    KC, MO 7.3.98
    OKC 4.3.03
    KC, MO 5/2010
    EV- Memphis 6.20.09
    EV- Tulsa 11.18.12
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I am a bad fan, am I going to get told off? :?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    [
    I've done it many times.

Hey there.......I actually did make it down for the Wednesday show. It was kind of a last minute decision, and a buddy and I drove down early Wednesday morning, and drove back home early Thursday morning. It was nice to hear Just Breathe.......my wife certainly appreciated it when I called her during it :D

I think it was after the LA shows when I commented about it, as I think they got it every night.[/quote]

well I'm glad you made it down for that night anyway. All of the shows were great, so it's not like you could have got a bad one. I was on the floor that night, it was special for me because not only was I seeing PJ for the second night in a row, the Phils beat the Yankees in game one. I was as high a kite leaving that show. Couldn't have been happier. :D
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    In Pearl jam's eyes, you're a real fan the moment you have an order history ;)
  • In Pearl jam's eyes, you're a real fan the moment you have an order history ;)
    that was good one.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • shejammzt wrote:
    If you refer to live albums that cost 15 dollars as "bootlegs"....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

Welcome to MY world!!!!!
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    population of THAT world ain't 1.
    Just sayin' :D

you all should prolly stick out your necks to the crazy-ass world of Pearl Jam facebook junkies.

yeah maybe it's time: http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?r ... =594680061

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Pearl Jam Facebook Junkies are pretty cool! 8-)