"real fans"???

jr19jr19 Posts: 338
edited November 2009 in The Porch
if you havent been to 30 million live shows of pearl jam, does it not make you a "real fan" ??
i think some like to brag about how many times they have seen so and so..

any way this is a stupid thread. fucking bored. working on saturday sucks...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nah, it's about how many posts you have on the message board, everyone knows that.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    haha.... great. i like that
    and i just passed 100 posts. yahhhhh!! i m still a bitch!!
  • Nice one! I have 3 posts. I was so chuffed when I posted my first one and totally out of my mind when i recieved a reply, condolences on working Saturday, I work my fair share too so I know what it is like.
  • Oh by the I have been to one PJ gig in Manchester this year and I am stoked at that!!!! :D
    been a fan since they started. pretty hardcore at that and i have never been to a pj live show. cant say ive had many chances. living in the deep south like a f'n redneck.. oh well i am going to see wilco in march in savannah, ga. yahhhhh
  • LieslLiesl Posts: 64
    Dont feel bad, I havnt been to a pearl jam show...YET they are here soon tho...
  • Yeah been a fan since forever myself and only seen 'em once, they don't come here very much and do too many shows just a few this year. Those bloody tickets fly off the shelf too man.
    Are you going to the show if you get ticket?
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    been a fan for over half my life and only seen em once. when i was a teenage girl i didn't have posters of new kids or the coreys. i had my bedroom walls plastered with long haired sweaty men. much to my mother's delight.
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Only you can prevent forrest fires and only you can decide if your a "real fan" or not.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Only you can prevent forrest fires and only you can decide if your a "real fan" or not.
    true
    I think it's more about loving th'fhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <
    cat on keyboard

the music and being able to relate to it in your own way
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
    Yeah been a fan since forever myself and only seen 'em once, they don't come here very much and do too many shows just a few this year. Those bloody tickets fly off the shelf too man.
    Are you going to the show if you get ticket?
    what are you talking about. i thought they were done with touring the US.
  • nah, it's about how many posts you have on the message board, everyone knows that.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Can't say what makes a "Real Fan", but the "Unreal Fans" are the one's that ask if Kurt Cobain is still the singer.... :o
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    You can't be a real fan unless you have a million zillion posters.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Can't say what makes a "Real Fan", but the "Unreal Fans" are the one's that ask if Kurt Cobain is still the singer.... :o
    :wtf:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    you can't be a "real fan" til someone you love or not says you are obsessed :geek:
  • pandora wrote:
    you can't be a "real fan" til someone you love or not says you are obsessed :geek:
    im used to listen it every day... 8-)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i dunno
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Ummm any "real fan" would know that they haven't played 30 million shows. That's like, impossible.

;)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • I've been to 4 shows in England only. My boyfriend has been to 11 shows in 8 different countries... We're both obsessed with Pearl Jam but also appreciate that our love for them is equal to each others.

I have friends who've seen PJ scary number of times but they're no more 'real fans' than the one friend of mine who actually introduced me to the band many moons ago... he's only seen them twice.

'Real fans' are people who love the music. IMO.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    nah, it's about how many posts you have on the message board, everyone knows that.

:lol:
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • why does it have to be "bragging". some people go to a lot of shows and volunteer this information in conversation.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    'Real fans' are people who love the music. IMO.

exactly, none of the other crap matters, and this is from someone who has seen them an embarrasingly number of times :D

everyone's circumstances are different, I'm sure we would all love to see them as often as possible, but some have family repsonsibilities, some it may be a location thing, could be anything, doesn't make you any less of a fan

if you love the music, that makes you a "real" fan
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    InMyTree4 wrote:
    nah, it's about how many posts you have on the message board, everyone knows that.

It's actually the number of times that you start a thread to bitch about stuff that defines how "real" you are! :lol:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Sweet :D ....I mean I don't know.
    I have seen some real cool fans tho, mostly on the west coast..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • goldrush wrote:
    InMyTree4 wrote:

It's actually the number of times that you start a thread to bitch about stuff that defines how "real" you are! :lol:
    :lol::lol: bitching is the art of "real" fans
  • jr19 wrote:
    if you havent been to 30 million live shows of pearl jam, does it not make you a "real fan" ??
    i think some like to brag about how many times they have seen so and so..

any way this is a stupid thread. fucking bored. working on saturday sucks...

Amount of shows attended or posters owned is only a testament to how much free time and money you have and has no bearing on how much of a fan you are.

I am sure there are plenty of huge fans that have never had the opportunity to get to a show or buy a poster.

I am sure there are plenty of Doors fans here on this board. How many Doors shows have you Doors fans been to? Pick up any tour posters at any of those shows?
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    you can't be a real fan unless you can brag about how many bootlegs or t-shirts you own :lol::lol::lol:

i've been a fan since the beginning and only managed to see them 6 times. 1992, 1995 x2, 2000, 2003 and 2009, so they've at least been spread out and i've seen how they've developed from 92-2009.

and to the origional poster i work nightshift over the weekend, so don't feel too bad.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • No, it just means you have money going to all those shows. I would love to go seem them a million times all around the world. Pearl Jam is the greatest thing in the world to me, but I don't have that kind of money. I'd love to buy everything that Pearl Jam has to offer again I don't have that kind of money, but I do have whats most important the music to listen to.