Options

Bonnaroo blah blah blah.....

Comments

• Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I was in the VIP section. I was on the first little hill 3 feet from the fence. No one in front of me till the fence and I had a clear 2 feet over everyone in GA from the hill. I saw an uninstructed view the entire night and danced my butt off. No sweaty people all over me, no dirt. I couldn't have asked for a better spot. I could see the band clear as day. My favorite show ever. I was front row at lolla. This BLEW it away.
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Are the rising gas prices making people cranky? What's up with everyone? There has been so much tour negativity.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    kira wrote:
    awww! happy for you. i've paid more for one pj show than the whole
    bonnaroo fest tic cost. just go for pj and be a part of making PEARL JAM HISTORY..
    AND you can say, "i'm one of the ones screaming", after the bootleg
    comes out, every time for the rest of your life you or somebody else
    plays it.. i still listen to fox/atlanta/live/1994 and can hear myself
    scream. ..yea, it was a smaller place.
    but under the stars, singing with eddie, helping him through the
    tears for his friend's dad who died, listenin to the band live,..shoot.
    i can't think of a place i'd rather be. i've been to almost 2000 live
    shows of every kind of band. the glory of being 'with' pj, it raises you above the stinky/sweaty/drunk.. i never know what's goin on around me when they're playing..just more or less floating above it myself..BUT always feel so much respect for other jammers there who love them the same way!

this comment right here, to me, is what it's all about. well said.
    especially the "...never know what's goin on around me when they're playing..." part. how true.
    to be in a mass of people, all there for
    a band you love, being in the moment, in the heat, in tears is what
    it's about. and so far, no other band has topped this feeling for me
    other than pearl jam. i love being a part of those few hours in time
    that take me away from the madness of the world and craziness of
    my life to a place where i can be happy and free and sing and dance
    and sweat with some of the coolest people i've ever come to know.

you either dig it or you don't - and if you don't that's cool too... ;)
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Fuck the pessimists. Fuck em'!
    (That's what I'm saying to every negative thread this tour....:))
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Ashy Larry wrote:
    while the setlist looks great on paper. Imagine trying to have a nice intimate concert experience in a field of 100K + muddy, stinky, drugged out morons.

NO Thanks - went to the first 2 Roo's and its a ton of shit to go thru only to end up viewing the headliner on the jumbotron.

I was front row against the rail. It was unbelievable! Great set. Still speachless...
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    Fuck the pessimists. Fuck em'!
    (That's what I'm saying to every negative thread this tour....:))

I am with you! This tour after only 3 shows so far has been nothing short of amazing. The sets have been filled with variety and the band sounds great and fresh. I can't believe people can even think about complaining about the tour so far.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    moses562 wrote:
    Are the rising gas prices making people cranky? What's up with everyone? There has been so much tour negativity.

Not from me (and a bunch of others). A Pearl Jam tour is a thing that lifts my mood always. Just ignore the negativity.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    JaneNY wrote:
    Not from me (and a bunch of others). A Pearl Jam tour is a thing that lifts my mood always. Just ignore the negativity.

I'm with you on that.:)
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    kira wrote:
    awww! happy for you. i've paid more for one pj show than the whole
    bonnaroo fest tic cost. just go for pj and be a part of making PEARL JAM HISTORY..
    AND you can say, "i'm one of the ones screaming", after the bootleg
    comes out, every time for the rest of your life you or somebody else
    plays it.. i still listen to fox/atlanta/live/1994 and can hear myself
    scream. ..yea, it was a smaller place.
    but under the stars, singing with eddie, helping him through the
    tears for his friend's dad who died, listenin to the band live,..shoot.
    i can't think of a place i'd rather be. i've been to almost 2000 live
    shows of every kind of band. the glory of being 'with' pj, it raises you above the stinky/sweaty/drunk.. i never know what's goin on around me when they're playing..just more or less floating above it myself..BUT always feel so much respect for other jammers there who love them the same way!

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

Especially "the glory of being 'with' pj, it raises you above the stinky/sweaty/drunk .. i never know what's goin on around me when they're playing .. JUST MORE OR LESS FLOATING ABOVE IT MYSELF" ...

so true!

there was no way i could get to the roo or any of the east coast shows! reading the reviews and listening to the boots is the closest elixir i can get ... come to chicago or alpine ... please!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    just a quick reply because im in a hotel on my way back from the 'roo show but all i have to say is that ive been to 13 pj shows before this one and it was by far one of the best. that includes randalls island 2 in '96 and both msg shows in '03. the show was absolutely amazing. the energy was just about as high as it gets, the band was on fire, and the setlist was incredible. this one goes down as one of the best...guaranteed.

and just for the record...bonnaroo was amazing. if you ever get a chance go. you'll be glad you did.
    "P-E-A-R-L J-A-M is priceless to me."
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Are you kidding? If Bonnaroo had been closre to home, i so would have been there. There were a ton of good bands, and then there was PEARL JAM with their smoking hot, 3-hour set. Yeah, it would have been worth everything!!
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Wasnt around last night and havent read though all of this yet. Has anyone said how "all night" sounded?????

all night sounded good! You could tell they still need to work a bit on it.
    In my opinion, they didn't get really going until Why Go....

Sound was really good. Best I have heard out doors (Sau Paulo, Lolla, Solider Field, Various Ampitheaters, etc.)
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Ashy Larry wrote:
    while the setlist looks great on paper. Imagine trying to have a nice intimate concert experience in a field of 100K + muddy, stinky, drugged out morons.

NO Thanks - went to the first 2 Roo's and its a ton of shit to go thru only to end up viewing the headliner on the jumbotron.

Sounds like you might be a little jealous that you chose the wrong bonnaroo's to go to.

I have seen them front row many times including the 10th anniversay show. Was at lolla last year and the vic. Even managed to see them in Sau Paulo Brazil with thousands of brazilians in a less that prestine environment.

Great show mud, hippies, drugs, jumbotrons included! Enjoy sitting on your couch watching DVD's... try not to let a bit of work slow you down.
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Ashy Larry wrote:

It is pretty intimate from the first row. Roo was great. If you were dedicated to getting up front, it was pretty doable. On Friday, I got second row behind the pit for Metalica. On Saturday, I got row 1 of the pit for PJ by getting to the entrance at 10:30AM. If you only saw acts on Jumbotrons, it was your own fault.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    It is pretty intimate from the first row. Roo was great. If you were dedicated to getting up front, it was pretty doable. On Friday, I got second row behind the pit for Metalica. On Saturday, I got row 1 of the pit for PJ by getting to the entrance at 10:30AM. If you only saw acts on Jumbotrons, it was your own fault.

so people saying that you weren't allowed to camp out were wrong?

and the people at roo telling me that the pit was 'reserved' were full of shit?

whatever...still enjoyed the show.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    I was front row against the rail. It was unbelievable! Great set. Still speachless...

Doug, how far down the rail were you? I went for closer to the middle and was able to squeeze in. I couldn't see you from my spot. Likewise, I too am speechless. I never thought I could that close for a PJ show, let alone that show. What a set list.
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    so people saying that you weren't allowed to camp out were wrong?

and the people at roo telling me that the pit was 'reserved' were full of shit?

whatever...still enjoyed the show.

As far as not being able to camp, kinda true. I was at the entrance from Centeroo to the What stage from 10:30 to 2PM. At 2, they let us sprint to the entrance to the pit where you are allowed to wait in line for any act that you wish (kinda disorganized). I am fat and slow, so AtlantaJammer kinda helped me get a better spot.

No the pit isn't reserved. They clear it out after each show and you line up for act you wish to see. They did let in some super VIP's before us (bullshit).

Sorry you didn't get into the pit.
  • Options
    Hey, I was there and it was no where near as bad as what you were saying. It wasn't really muddy at that point because the rain had quit long before PJ started. Everyone around me was cool and there were plenty of PJ fans around. I had only trouble with one drunk couple and they left within 15 mins of being around me. Nothing is ever perfect, but it was an awesome experience. I really believe it was better and totally different from Lolla last year from what I have heard. I know the performance was a hell of a lot better and don't get me started on the best setlist in a long time. It wasnt even hot outside at that point. It cooled off nicely, the rain held off, and even Ed said it was a beautiful night.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    hoopinmanhoopinman Posts: 294
    Ashy Larry wrote:

sounds like someone is jealous of missing that show!
  • Options
    i was in line for pearl jam @ bonaroo from 8 30 that morning and stood in the pj line against the wall fighting off every lazy ass that tried to cut in line in front of us real fans all night. all these people bitching bout having to put up with drunks and drugged out hippies all night are not hardcore to me. i wore a shirt that said "just give me some ed'' so any of you guys that might remember me Knows the bs we had to put up with lastnight. i put all i had to getting in front roll and it paid off!!!! to the people who were in that line know how crazy it got trying to fight off all the loosers trying to cut in our line. we earned that setlist. not everybody has the senorety to get front roll in every city pj plays in. just because it didnt come so easy and ten club had nothing to do with who got to sit where people want to puss out. the rain and then the heat and long hours standing in line fighting off the cutters and the way we all came together to make sure the real fans got what they earned was magic!!
  • Options
    i was in line for pearl jam @ bonaroo from 8 30 that morning and stood in the pj line against the wall fighting off every lazy ass that tried to cut in line in front of us real fans all night. all these people bitching bout having to put up with drunks and drugged out hippies all night are not hardcore to me. i wore a shirt that said "just give me some ed'' so any of you guys that might remember me Knows the bs we had to put up with lastnight. i put all i had to getting in front roll and it paid off!!!! to the people who were in that line know how crazy it got trying to fight off all the loosers trying to cut in our line. we earned that setlist. not everybody has the senorety to get front roll in every city pj plays in. just because it didnt come so easy and ten club had nothing to do with who got to sit where people want to puss out. the rain and then the heat and long hours standing in line fighting off the cutters and the way we all came together to make sure the real fans got what they earned was magic!!

Hey bobie: were you on Stone's side? If so mad props to Steve. That guy protected our entire line from assholes trying to cut.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Ashy Larry wrote:

things must have changed since you been to Roo- because it was very well organized and you could get right up front in the pit by standing in line and talking to other people while listening to music- what's so bad about that.

Anyone that says, "Screw roo" or is glad that they passed is just jealous that they weren't there. The entire weekend rocked and I saw IMO PJ's best show.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Hey bobie: were you on Stone's side? If so mad props to Steve. That guy protected our entire line from assholes trying to cut.
    I was on Stone's side and trust me, people were still cutting. My only complaint about the entire weekend is that the security for the Pit line was horrible and VERY unorganized.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Ashy Larry wrote:

intimate concert experience? why in the fuck would you go to a rock festival to have an intimate concert experience? I went to see the greatest band in the world with 75,000 of my closest friends. this show was eaily, EASILY the best show i ever attended.

i really can't stand some supposed PJ fans.
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    I am fat and slow, so AtlantaJammer kinda helped me get a better spot.
    ATLJammer is the shit! I wish I would have had my phone with me that day- left it at the tent by accident. I didn't know that you guys were in the line too. Were you on Stone's side?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    i really can't stand some supposed PJ fans.

haha, I love it! :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    ZeiffZeiff Posts: 15
    Roo was my seventh show but my first fest. I loved it. Met some cool people and I am really quite and shy usually. I got my first pick and the best show I have ever seen. Glad I went and by myself at that. Drove for 12 hours and no regrets.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I like festivals, but would prefer that my favorite bands didn't play them because the crowd is a mad house. But if PJ is playing one, fuck it, might as well enjoy it.

I can't wait to get the boot and live the show out.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Ashy Larry wrote:

Now that sounds like one hell of a f*^$ing party! Sorry I could make it! I would have been one of those!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Ashy Larry wrote:

hmmm sounds like some1 is jealous they didnt go to this Roo. I knew it was gonna be muddy, stinky, drugged out morons (i was one of 'em, first time I blazed during a PJ show and I did so 5 or so times), and that's WHY I went. I knew it was gonna be unforgettable and a treat for those that made the Trek.
    Not sorry u missed out cry baby
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011