Hey Drop the Leash...Yankees World champs!!!!!

2»

Comments

• And dont give me this shit that the Yanks bought a ring and they spend all this money and they win all the time. They have not won in 9 years so money does not buy rings. Look at Tampa Bay last year and the Colorado Rockies the year before. They are small market teams that went to the World Series, so that proves that anyone can win. You have to perform in the post season and thats what the Yanks did this year. To #27 and to the best TEAM in baseball!!!!!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    *yawn* baseball
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • jesus, i knew when i woke up there would be a thread waiting for me in the wrong forum.. congradulations??

see you opening day. :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • hahahah. I was just busting your chops man. It felt good to hammer Pedro and watch Rollins eat his own words but the best was putting this post up dedicated to you!! haha. Its all in good fun. Yanks...World Champs!!!!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i think it all started when they ran that " back to back champions " advertisement.
    ;)

that was one helluva world series by two
    formidable opposing and evenly matched teams.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • ;););)
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,785
    ogre1213 wrote:
    do you wanna hear some thing sick?

if the phillies didnt buy cliff lee, the yanks would of swept

I thought the Phillies TRADED, for Cliff Lee?
    And dont give me this shit that the Yanks bought a ring and they spend all this money and they win all the time. They have not won in 9 years so money does not buy rings. Look at Tampa Bay last year and the Colorado Rockies the year before. They are small market teams that went to the World Series, so that proves that anyone can win. You have to perform in the post season and thats what the Yanks did this year. To #27 and to the best TEAM in baseball!!!!!

Yea, it doesn't gurantee a WS Title, but it sure does HELP. Where would the Yankees be, if they don't sign Tiexera, Burnett and Sabathia? For OVER $400 MIL???
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Can I ask one question?

How are the Yankies WORLD CHAMPS when no other countries were invited to play?

Surely they're North American Champions. ;)

<ducks for cover>
    Let's face it, this is the best Australia has to offer?
    Player Born In Date of Birth Debut Year Final Year
    Grant Balfour Sydney, Australia 1977-12-30 2001 Active
    Shayne Bennett Adelaide, Australia 1972-04-10 1997 1999
    Travis Blackley Melbourne, Australia 1982-11-04 2004 Active
    Cameron Cairncross Queensland, Australia 1972-05-11 2000 2000
    Trent Durrington Sydney, Australia 1975-08-27 1999 Active
    Mark Ettles Perth, Australia 1966-10-30 1993 1993
    Brad Harman Melbourne, Australia 1985-11-19 2008 Active
    Justin Huber Melbourne, Australia 1982-07-01 2005 Active
    Mark Hutton South Adelaide, Australia 1970-02-06 1993 1998
    Graeme Lloyd Victoria, Australia 1967-04-09 1993 2003
    Damian Moss Darlinghurst, Australia 1976-11-24 2001 Active
    Peter Moylan Western Aus, Australia 1978-12-02 2006 Active
    Dave Nilsson Brisbane, Australia 1969-12-14 1992 1999
    Trent Oeltjen Sydney, Australia 1983-02-28 2009 Active
    Chris Oxspring Ipswich, Australia 1977-05-13 2005 Active
    Luke Prokopec Blackwood, Australia 1978-02-23 2000 2002
    Joe Quinn Sydney, Australia 1864-12-25 1884 1901
    Ryan Rowland-Smith Sydney, Australia 1983-01-26 2007 Active
    Craig Shipley Parramatta, Australia 1963-01-07 1986 1998
    John Stephens Sydney, Australia 1979-11-15 2002 2002
    Brad Thomas Sydney, Australia 1977-10-22 2001 Active
    Rich Thompson Hornsby, Australia 1984-07-01 2007 Active
    Glenn Williams Gosford, Australia 1977-07-18 2005 Active
    Jeff Williams Canberra, Australia 1972-06-06 1999 2002
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    cutz wrote:
    And dont give me this shit that the Yanks bought a ring and they spend all this money and they win all the time. They have not won in 9 years so money does not buy rings. Look at Tampa Bay last year and the Colorado Rockies the year before. They are small market teams that went to the World Series, so that proves that anyone can win. You have to perform in the post season and thats what the Yanks did this year. To #27 and to the best TEAM in baseball!!!!!

Yea, it doesn't gurantee a WS Title, but it sure does HELP. Where would the Yankees be, if they don't sign Tiexera, Burnett and Sabathia? For OVER $400 MIL???
    Would you rather root for a team that reinvests their earnings or one that pockets the revenue they receive from payroll taxes?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    World champs? Absurd... Doubt this was world championship.... 8-)

Is there any official world cup taking place b/w? LIke for football (soccer) ? Just curious...

All i can find is this... http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... cuba_N.htm
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
    baseball should have a salary cap. it is totally unfair to have these guys that make over 20 millions dollars a year all on one team. the yankees should never ever lose with that kind of team. thats why i hate them[/quote

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. There is ZERO validity to this argument. You hate the Yankees because they spend so much money and have such good players that it's unfair. That "they should never lose with that kind of team". Yet, they DO lose. This is their first championship in 9 years!!! It proves that you need to have the RIGHT team on the field to win, not the highest paid or even necessarily the BEST team. The Yankees did almost everything right this season. Most come from behind wins, most wins after the all-star break. Quality starting pitching. Stellar defense. A solid bullpen. Contributions from the entire line-up 1 through 9, etc. That's how you win World Championships. Not with your checkbook. If that was the case, the Yankees would have 100 championships not 27. Give credit where credit is due.

Now, why is that one of the DUMBEST things you have ever heard?( The salary cap comment). Is that because your afraid of leveling the playing field? HEY, we can't have that now, can we? I like how you put the EXCLAMATION points after,"This is their first championship in 9 years!!!!!!!!!" I know, 9 years is a enternity in Yankee years. You know it was bad when you had 8 & 9 year olds, in NY/North Jersey CRYING that they've NEVER seen a WS Champion. I don't know how those kids made it, ALL those years without winning a WS. Yea, its rough being a Yankeee fan.

Maybe you don't win a WS with your checkbook, but it sure does HELP. How far do the Yankees go this year, if they CAN"T sign Sabathia, Burnett and Teixera? 3rd place in the division? You have teams, that CAN"T even sign ONE of those players, for the amount of MONEY the Yanks gave them, for HALF A SEASON! But, as long as the Yankees win, thats all that matters?

Hey, i'm a admitted Yankee hater, but i don't blame the Yankees for doing what they do. Its not ther FAULT, that the system is fucked-up, its MLB's fault. But, heres the kicker: MLB(and TV), DON'T CARE. They jerk-off when they get the NY's and the Phillys and LA's and the Botson's of the world, in the playoffs EVERY YEAR. You know who else doesn't care? The PLAYERS. Thats right, the players. The players love it when other players get signed to RIDICULOUS contracts, because it HELPS them ALL. The .260 utitlity player thats been in the leagues for 8-10 years loves its, because his salary goes UP. Now he gets 1-4 MILL per, so thats why he doesn't care that the BIG money market teams(MOSTLY), are in the playoffs every year. As long as he gets his check on every 15th & 30th, he doesn't care.

Baseball has ALOT OF MAJOR issues, and PED's are near the bottom of the list. If MLB doesn't take care of these issues, its only gonna get WORSE. If you don't think so, ask those poor fans in Pittsburgh and Kansas City. Under this current system, do you think we will EVER see one of those teams win a WS? or even make the playoffs? Hell, will Pittsburgh even have another winning record again? MLB has to bring back COMPETITIVE BALANCE , for the good of the game.
    cutz wrote:

Would you rather root for a team that reinvests their earnings or one that pockets the revenue they receive from payroll taxes?

I admitt, that ther are SOME owners who pocket that revenue, from the payroll tax, but how much are they getting? That never seems to be reported. I'm pretty sure ther are some years, that ther not really getting that much. I know the tax threshold changes from year to year, but ther are ONLY a hand-full of teams that MIGHT go over it. I think SOME years, its only the Yankess that go over it. Its probably not as much as we think.

You know, you never really answered the question> :lol:
    cutz wrote:
    Where would the Yankees be, if they don't sign Tiexera, Burnett and Sabathia? For OVER $400 MIL???
    Probably in second place.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,990
    As a Yankee fan, we definitely have an advantage.

But its not an unfair advantage - they spend what they make and they play by the rules.

Do you really expect the team to spend less than others just to be fair? Or to hold back from signing players so that other teams and fans don't feel bad?

Clearly, the system works for the other owners and they are making money. The other owners love getting luxury tax money from the Yankees. If things ever change and they stop turning a profit, that's when the owners will get together and change the rules. Until then cash is king and they have no reason to change a thing.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• All sports are good - except croquet - that sucks.

Did anyone watch the Jon Stewart Douche Bag play offs - by the looks of that both fans were douche bags :)

HYSTERICAL !!!
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
  • 2009 World Champs New York Yankees....#27 is so sweet.

plus PJ closes it out with Amoungst the waves...it sounded great!!!!!!!

To all the Yankee haters.......hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!
    Wow, I wish my favorite team could buy a World Championship!
  • Check out the douchebags...funny! Just a clip...watch the whole thing @ site

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-n ... 60-seconds
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
  • fuck the yanks, fuck the yanks...get outta my fucking faaaaacccccccccccccccccccee!!!! :mrgreen:

and real red sox fans would never be happy to see the yankees win...no matter who was pitching!!! :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol::mrgreen: Very happy today whatzzzzzz up :thumbup: they should have a smiley that is stoned ...
    I always use the "green" smiley :mrgreen::mrgreen:;) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Buy a championship my ass. You whats funny, the NBA's L.A lakers have the highest payroll and they won the NBA title last year and no one said they bought a championship. The argument is poor and biased. the red soxs have a huge pay roll and when they won in 2007 did people say they bought a ring? NO!!! The yankees payroll this year was less than it was last year and last year we didnt even make the playoffs. So payroll means nothing,
    Buy a championship my ass. You whats funny, the NBA's L.A lakers have the highest payroll and they won the NBA title last year and no one said they bought a championship. The argument is poor and biased. the red soxs have a huge pay roll and when they won in 2007 did people say they bought a ring? NO!!! The yankees payroll this year was less than it was last year and last year we didnt even make the playoffs. So payroll means nothing,

The N.B.A. doesn't have a salary cap? I thought they do? I could be wrong, but i think the 2004 Red Sox had a higher payroll, then the 2007 team, but i'm not sure. All of those type of teams try to BUY a WS. Man, you act like the Yankees did a great thing, by having a lower payroll this year compared to last year. I read that ther payroll for this year, was $201 MILLION!! WOW! Thats real NOBEL of them> :lol: I don't know about payroll meaning NOTHING. Go ask the Twins if payroll means nothing. You think they wanted to trade one of the BEST pitchers(Santana) in the game, because they WANTED to? Or how about the A's in the 90's? They were on the VERGE of winning a WS, but they couldn't afford to keep Giambi, which was the begining of the end for them. The dominos just kept on going for them ,as they HAD to trade/let go to FA, 3 STUD pitchers in: Zito, Hudson and Mulder. You mean to tell me if they had the Yankees MONEY, the A's wouldn't have been able to keep most, if not all, of those players? Yea, i know payroll doesn't gurantee making the playoffs. But to say PAYROLL means NOTHING?
  • The 2008 yanks had the highest payroll in the bigs at over $200M and didnt make the playoffs. The Phils had the 7th highest payroll this year went to the W.S two years in a row. There have been 8 different W.S champs in the last 9 years, not bad. Tampa Bay, Colorado and the Cardinals have all gone to the W.S this decade, all small market teams. The Yanks are not breaking any rules or winning every year either. They havent been out of the first round since 2004.The yanks had a great year and deserved to win the W.S. Tiger Woods is the highest paid golfer, do people think he buys golf titles? No, Hes good. The Twins have a low payroll but have been to the playoffs multiple times this decade with and with out Santana. Teams like Kansas City, Pittsburg, Washington, San Diego and maybe even Oakland, should be broken up and have fewer teams , better talent spread across the teams. I would rather have 25 teams and more balanced rosters talent wise then a washington nats team whicj is terrible. Cut the season by 1 month and add 2 more teams to the playoffs. Have 6 teams in each league make the playoffs. The season is way too long and baseball in Nov. is odd. Hold on, I just cut the crease and put the shit in the whole....
  • vedhead60 wrote:
    Check out the douchebags...funny! Just a clip...watch the whole thing @ site

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-n ... 60-seconds
    Haha i saw that on tv funny stuff :)
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    The 2008 yanks had the highest payroll in the bigs at over $200M and didnt make the playoffs. The Phils had the 7th highest payroll this year went to the W.S two years in a row. There have been 8 different W.S champs in the last 9 years, not bad. Tampa Bay, Colorado and the Cardinals have all gone to the W.S this decade, all small market teams. The Yanks are not breaking any rules or winning every year either. They havent been out of the first round since 2004.The yanks had a great year and deserved to win the W.S. Tiger Woods is the highest paid golfer, do people think he buys golf titles? No, Hes good. The Twins have a low payroll but have been to the playoffs multiple times this decade with and with out Santana. Teams like Kansas City, Pittsburg, Washington, San Diego and maybe even Oakland, should be broken up and have fewer teams , better talent spread across the teams. I would rather have 25 teams and more balanced rosters talent wise then a washington nats team whicj is terrible. Cut the season by 1 month and add 2 more teams to the playoffs. Have 6 teams in each league make the playoffs. The season is way too long and baseball in Nov. is odd. Hold on, I just cut the crease and put the shit in the whole....

Obviously missing the point, or your just blinded by the Pinstripes? Go back and read some of my post. i never said the Yankees(or any other big spenders are breaking any rules)). I don't blame those teams, at all. Its MLB thats fucked-up. Nor, did i say that a BIG payroll gurantees a playoff spot. But, it sure can't hurt> :lol: WOW! The Yankees haven't been out of the first round since 2004? Oh, whoa is me. I'm not saying the Yankees didn't deserve the WS, this year. Again, you're missing the point.

Yea, some small market teams make the playoffs, but how many really have a chance to win the WS. Like you said, the Twins have been in the playoffs, alot the last few years. But, in how many of those years did they have a shot at winning a WS? I would say NONE.

Your Tiger Woods analogy, makes no sense. Golf is a individual game. Tiger doesn't need to be baited($$$$), to play golf, unlike baseball players. If you believe everything you read last winter, Sabathia wanted to stay close to home(California), but when the Yankees threw all of that money at him, he couldn't turn it down, and i don't blame him. You want to DEFEND your Yankees, but this isn't a Yankee thing. Its much bigger then that.

I agree, that they need to contract, but i would want it down to 24 teams. Don't like the idea of more teams in the playoffs.
  • on2legs wrote:
    As a Yankee fan, we definitely have an advantage.

But its not an unfair advantage - they spend what they make and they play by the rules.

Do you really expect the team to spend less than others just to be fair? Or to hold back from signing players so that other teams and fans don't feel bad?

Clearly, the system works for the other owners and they are making money. The other owners love getting luxury tax money from the Yankees. If things ever change and they stop turning a profit, that's when the owners will get together and change the rules. Until then cash is king and they have no reason to change a thing.

not long ago, no salary cap and paying millions upon millions of dollars for players worked for the NHL, too, didn't it?

the saving grace for baseball is that it's "America's game", so it probably won't ever have a financial downturn like hockey did when Bettman tried to shove a northern game down the gullets of southerners.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014