The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,322
    Greg Bird is now a free agent declining an assignment to Scranton
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,600
    Tough to see them missing out on Cole, but who knows.

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/yankees-prefer-gerrit-cole-but-keeping-zack-wheeler-madison-bumgarner-in-mix-as-they-play-delicate-game/312054950

Honestly, my offseason moves would be to sign Cole, Betances and Gardner.  Will be the World Series favorites if they do.
  • Options

"The dollars will be there" is not something we have heard in a very long time from this team.  Don't get my hopes up, Yanks.
  • Options
    Thank god the Yankees love fest with Wheeler is put to bed for good.
  • Options
    Great article.

I didn't know pitching coaches were in charge of nutrition, sleep and thw what not?  I thought they did mechanics mainly and the trainers/doctors did the other stuff?

Or am I just looking too far into this and the coach has these things at their disposal now?
  • Options
    Great article.

I didn't know pitching coaches were in charge of nutrition, sleep and thw what not?  I thought they did mechanics mainly and the trainers/doctors did the other stuff?

Or am I just looking too far into this and the coach has these things at their disposal now?
    Yeah, good stuff for sure.

I think it's an organizational philosophy, but this Blake dude comes from one of those pitching companies prior to the Indians, so I'm sure he'll be really involved with that stuff, especially as it comes to pitching.  I listened to a podcast with people who have worked with him who talked a lot about how he makes sure your body is in the right type of shape to avoid injuries and all, so sounds like that kind of stuff aligns with him.
  • Options
    Great article.

Yeah, good stuff for sure.

I think it's an organizational philosophy, but this Blake dude comes from one of those pitching companies prior to the Indians, so I'm sure he'll be really involved with that stuff, especially as it comes to pitching.  I listened to a podcast with people who have worked with him who talked a lot about how he makes sure your body is in the right type of shape to avoid injuries and all, so sounds like that kind of stuff aligns with him.
    Sounds like the Mets organization should look into this too.
  • Options
    Did peter gammons just break news or is he just an old man tweeting random stuff?!?!? 
  • Options
    Just an old man tweeting random things 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    I got excited when I read it!!!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Bob klapisch says the Yankees have a 7 year 245 contract on the table. Not gonna get it done but if it’s just a staring point, figure they’re in a good spot 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    ^^ I agree^^

Dude is gonna get paid BIG time, especially with a starting point of $245 MILL. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m just gonna assume arte Moreno is gonna do something stupid and will be pleasantly surprised if the yanks sign him. Will be 8 years if they do which yikes, but they’d be World Series favorites if they do. Also, angels will stink with or without him 
  • Options
    Damn Mattingly didn't get the the Hall vote
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
     Also, angels will stink with or without him 
    Angels will have a legit shot to be at .500 or maybe even a little better if they sign him, they'd name a ride in Disneyland after him if they got to 83 wins, well worth $300+ Million
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Angels will have a legit shot to be at .500 or maybe even a little better if they sign him, they'd name a ride in Disneyland after him if they got to 83 wins, well worth $300+ Million
    What a selling point?!? We miiiight win 81 games if you sign here!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Poncier said:

You live in SoCal.  Last year you were on the heavy favorite to win once you got to the series and you see how that worked out for you....go where you want to be.  He is from Newport Beach.  Angels Stadium is a few exits away -- granted, that takes a while, but still.
    He went to the garbage school in LA (fUCLA) so was a SoCal guy through and through.  If he wants the better team, join the Doyers.  If he wants to be truly home, join the Halos.
    Huge difference between living in NYC and Newport Beach.  Gonna guess coming from there that he prefers the pampered beach life.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Poncier said:

You live in SoCal.  Last year you were on the heavy favorite to win once you got to the series and you see how that worked out for you....go where you want to be.  He is from Newport Beach.  Angels Stadium is a few exits away -- granted, that takes a while, but still.
    He went to the garbage school in LA (fUCLA) so was a SoCal guy through and through.  If he wants the better team, join the Doyers.  If he wants to be truly home, join the Halos.
    Huge difference between living in NYC and Newport Beach.  Gonna guess coming from there that he prefers the pampered beach life.
    Was half serious.  He's going to whoever pays him the most money
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Poncier said:

Perhaps.  If I had that choice I would go where I wanted.  What is $10MM or whatever the difference will be, to him?  Funny money.
    (I do understand that many players feel the responsibility to push the salary as high as it can go in order to benefit everyone else...but if I had the option to live in luxury in either place and LA or the OC were options?  Yeah, that would be an easy decision for me.  I think the fact that the Doyers spend and make the playoffs every year would mean that I would have to get used to living in Malibu or Bel Air.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Perhaps.  If I had that choice I would go where I wanted.  What is $10MM or whatever the difference will be, to him?  Funny money.
    (I do understand that many players feel the responsibility to push the salary as high as it can go in order to benefit everyone else...but if I had the option to live in luxury in either place and LA or the OC were options?  Yeah, that would be an easy decision for me.  I think the fact that the Doyers spend and make the playoffs every year would mean that I would have to get used to living in Malibu or Bel Air.)
    Yeah, but that basically never happens, especially at the very top of the market.  The runner up for CC was the Angels.  How do you think CC feels about taking the money over west coast location?  He seems pretty happy

I don't think the Dodgers go that long, so I think it will be Angels and Yankees.  I think the Yankees have a pretty pretty good sales pitch if money is equal.  Angels, we maaay be okay and you can live where you want/grew up and you'll get to play with one of the best players ever. Yankees are you are going to have a chance to win every single year, you are going to be part of the most historic and successful franchise in the sport, you are going to get top notch amenities in every way (professional and personal) to make you and your family feel comfortable and if you live up to the contract, you could be on a crowded Mount Rushmore of Yankees history.  CC talks about this stuff at length, while also saying, you gotta pay the man.

I am not mildly worried about the Angels sales pitch, I am worried about a desperate Moreno.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    Poncier said:

I think the Yankees have a pretty pretty good sales pitch if money is equal.  Angels, we maaay be okay and you can live where you want/grew up and you'll get to play with one of the best players ever. Yankees are you are going to have a chance to win every single year, you are going to be part of the most historic and successful franchise in the sport, you are going to get top notch amenities in every way (professional and personal) to make you and your family feel comfortable and if you live up to the contract, you could be on a crowded Mount Rushmore of Yankees history.  CC talks about this stuff at length, while also saying, you gotta pay the man.

You forgot to add "and we'll likely try and void the last year or 2 of the contract and not pay if you have an injury"

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I think the Yankees have a pretty pretty good sales pitch if money is equal.  Angels, we maaay be okay and you can live where you want/grew up and you'll get to play with one of the best players ever. Yankees are you are going to have a chance to win every single year, you are going to be part of the most historic and successful franchise in the sport, you are going to get top notch amenities in every way (professional and personal) to make you and your family feel comfortable and if you live up to the contract, you could be on a crowded Mount Rushmore of Yankees history.  CC talks about this stuff at length, while also saying, you gotta pay the man.

You forgot to add "and we'll likely try and void the last year or 2 of the contract and not pay if you have an injury"

We shall see.  Ellsbury is a clown though. Considering Boras is the agent for both, I am sure they have discussed it.
  • Options
    Ehhhhhhh, tough time seeing Hal and Co going to what it's gonna take for Cole now.
  • Options
    Don't see it happening, but time for the Yanks to be the Yanks

• Options
    Didi to the Phillies
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    This would be a no good, very bad winter meetings if they were to leave without didi or cole 

Shocked to see them not even willing to go 1 year and that little money for didi. They had no interest. Get Gleyber is better at short and obviously much much better than didi, but damn, sad to see him go
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    you guys got your pitcher
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA