Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    So much for Target Field not a homerun park
    I miss igotid88
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited July 2015
    igotid88 said:

So much for Target Field not a homerun park

That was so sweet. Sitting on a breaking pitch and pushing it to right center.
    Katie Sharp ‏@ktsharp 14m14 minutes ago
    Most 3-HR games by Yankee (last 100 yrs):

Lou Gehrig 4
    Joe DiMaggio 3
    A-Rod 3
    I miss igotid88
    Katie Sharp ‏@ktsharp 20m20 minutes ago
    A-Rod (39 yrs, 363 days) is 5th oldest player in last 100 yrs with a 3-HR game. Musial, Giambi, Reggie Jackson, Babe Ruth were older
    I miss igotid88
    Katie Sharp ‏@ktsharp 13m13 minutes ago
    Most game-tying HR in 9th inning by Yankee in last 75 yrs:

Yogi Berra 6
    A-Rod 6
    Mattingly 5
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Gonna be funny when Murphy, not montero, Sanchez or romine is the starting catcher on this team. River Ave has been saying it for a while.

Gonna be funny when Murphy, not montero, Sanchez or romine is the starting catcher on this team. River Ave has been saying it for a while.

Or he might be part of a trade for that starting pitcher. Funny how things work out. Although looking at Romine's family in the majors. I couldn't see him as a starter. Both his father and brother don't have starter numbers.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Or he might be part of a trade for that starting pitcher. Funny how things work out. Although looking at Romine's family in the majors. I couldn't see him as a starter. Both his father and brother don't have starter numbers.
    Murphy? He's not getting traded. Wouldn't be a little bit surprised to see Sanchez go at this deadline but I would put good money on Murphy staying put. Yankees love him
    Two players I always had my eye on the Yankees getting. Kuroda and headley. Big fan of both
    I hope Jacoby can stay on the field. I love the way he plays but he seems fragile.
    Love this team

I hope Jacoby can stay on the field. I love the way he plays but he seems fragile.

He didn't leave the game did he? So much fun to watch in center. 2 great catches

He didn't leave the game did he? So much fun to watch in center. 2 great catches
    I don't think so. I was at work. Caught the highlights. He's got a history of being injured a lot. He's so good when he can stay on the field everyday.
    Come on Robbie. Walk this off against the Canadians
    Boom. 8 games in the loss column
    Atta boy arod. Happy birthday. Dude has some strength to get that out
    According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Rodriguez joined Ty Cobb, Rusty Staub and Gary Sheffield as the only players with home runs in their teens and their 40s.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Rodriguez joined Ty Cobb, Rusty Staub and Gary Sheffield as the only players with home runs in their teens and their 40s.

I thought for sure Griffey would be one, but it looks like he had 108 plate appearances as a 40 year old in between clubhouse naps and didn't hit one homer.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,414
    So I am going to watch the BIG BAD YANKEES kick the shit out of the Chicago White Sox this Sunday.

$10 for upper deck seats.
    A BARGAIN!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

So I am going to watch the BIG BAD YANKEES kick the shit out of the Chicago White Sox this Sunday.

$10 for upper deck seats.
    A BARGAIN!!!

Shit, that is cheap. Cool thing about baseball is any team can pull a game or two out of their ass. Have a blast.
    edited July 2015
    What a crazy game already. Both starters knocked out before an out is recorded in the second inning. Wow.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
    I thought that was gone
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

I thought that was gone

So did he.
    edited July 2015
    I don't know how you can have a losing record if you're a starting pitcher on this team?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

I don't know how you can have a losing record if you're a pitcher on this team?

Five walks an inning will contribute

igotid88 said:

he's got a no decision now
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

he's got a no decision now
    Hahaha. This is unreal.
    Didi was probably 1 stupid baserunning play or bad defensive play from maybe losing his starting job.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Didi was probably 1 stupid baserunning play or bad defensive play from maybe losing his starting job.

Good point. He's playing well now!
    Young isn't playing too poorly either! Boom!