The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Trash
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    I don't think today could have went much better for Nova. Good to see.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    can't wait to see Alex hit against the Angels in Anaheim
    I miss igotid88
    That's more like it.
    igotid88 said:

can't wait to see Alex hit against the Angels in Anaheim

Love that they are heading west while I am on vacation and would largely miss it anyway
    This is worse than when they got no hit by Houston
    I miss igotid88
    They waited until the 9th inning with 2 outs to do something.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

They waited until the 9th inning with 2 outs to do something.

Yeah. Keuchel is a beast at home.
    Is Gardner finally becoming the hitter we thought he'd be?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

I didn't think he would be this good but it is awesome to see. He is basically what they hoped to get out of Ellsbury for a fraction of the cost
    edited June 2015

igotid88 said:

I didn't think he would be this good but it is awesome to see. He is basically what they hoped to get out of Ellsbury for a fraction of the cost
    If he would've done this before. We probably don't get Elsbury and maybe re-sign Cano. Or maybe don't sign Beltran.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

If he would've done this before. We probably don't get Elsbury and maybe re-sign Cano. Or maybe don't sign Beltran.
    And resigning cano for any dollar amount seems like a disaster at this point t

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

I don't think Cano has the same struggles he's having if he was still here.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

I don't think Cano has the same struggles he's having if he was still here.
    Not sure how you can say that. He would have a bit more home runs with the size of the field but not sure you can assume he would be that much different. Kind of absurd to think otherwise, I think. I don't think he's done but 2nd basemen in general fall off very fast
    But he's not the typical 2nd baseman. Also if what they're saying is true that he's unhappy there. That might affect him. Even though that's his doing. It's one thing to maybe lose power. Although I think he's still young to be losing that much power. But you shouldn't forget how to hit. Unless you're hitting into bad luck.
    I miss igotid88
    Nova pitching into some luck the first 3 innings
    I miss igotid88
    Settling down now
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Settling down now

Yes. I forgot how bad it sucks watching west coast games at midnight. I don't miss this.
    Can't leave Anaheim without an ARod hr. Thought he'd have one by now
    I miss igotid88
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    igotid88 said:

No, just on a hot streak the last 2 weeks.

cutz said:

igotid88 said:

I was thinking that too. Cause he's a few of those. But he's on pace to have more runs, hits, doubles, and RBI than he's had in a season. This is the best first half he's had. And he's batting over .300. About 30 points above his career average. he's usually batting in the .250s by now. Which would frustrate me because someone with his speed shouldn't be batting below .280
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

cutz said:

igotid88 said:

I was thinking that too. Cause he's a few of those. But he's on pace to have more runs, hits, doubles, and RBI than he's had in a season. This is the best first half he's had. And he's batting over .300. About 30 points above his career average. he's usually batting in the .250s by now. Which would frustrate me because someone with his speed shouldn't be batting below .280
    Billy Hamilton has a career average of .245.

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

igotid88 said:

I was thinking that when I was writing this. But I still stand by this
    I miss igotid88
    edited July 2015
    "Ballplayers win games. Not some pointy head nerd with a computer." John Sterling 7-01-2015
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

"Ballplayers win games. Not some pointy head nerd with a computer." John Sterling 7-01-2015

He is the absolute worst
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

cutz said:

igotid88 said:

I was thinking that when I was writing this. But I still stand by this
    I hear you
    Former Yankee prospect Manny Banuelos made his debut today for Atlanta going 5.2 2H 0ER 0BB 7K. Left early due to cramping and dehydration
    I miss igotid88
    My guess is that we will see Severino and Judge this year. And I keep hearing the reason they won't bring up Refsnyder is because of his defense. But I'm looking at Jeter's minor league defensive stats. And they're much worse. But he managed okay up here.
    I miss igotid88