The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    edited April 2013
    LMAO! You do know that the Yankees have been picked by some experts to finish in last place in their division? And the Braves have one of the top 5 teams in baseball. So I agree....we're not in the same league.

This must be april fools day since we have brave fans coming in here trolling and talking smack. Are you kidding me with this shit, no one gives a fuck about the braves. Atlanta is the worst sports town in the country with the most pathetic, dispassionate, and least knowledgeable fan base around.

Don't be pissed at me for stating the facts. Yes the Yankees have a glorious past you should be proud of, and I'm positive they will will be back on top, just not this year. Their lineup is old and overpayed. The Braves have solid starting pitching, a lights out bullpen, and good YOUNG talent up and down the lineup that can hit. I agree Braves fans disappoint me at times but they are getting better. They had 50,000+ in attendance on opening day. I believe they consistently draw 3 million every year. But the fact you can't hide from is that in 2013 the Yankees suck, and the Braves should make a run in the postseason.

:corn: :corn:
    Post edited by BamaJammer29 on
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    LMAO! You do know that the Yankees have been picked by some experts to finish in last place in their division? And the Braves have one of the top 5 teams in baseball. So I agree....we're not in the same league.

This must be april fools day since we have brave fans coming in here trolling and talking smack. Are you kidding me with this shit, no one gives a fuck about the braves. Atlanta is the worst sports town in the country with the most pathetic, dispassionate, and least knowledgeable fan base around.

2nd worst.. you forgot Miami. :lol:

oh edit, isnt the game underway? I think Arod just made $96K from the crapper! :lol:
    DAmmit you beat me :lol:
    Yeah fans here suck :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,477
    jay z?

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    I agree Braves fans disappoint me at times but they are getting better. They had 50,000+ in attendance on opening day. I believe they consistently draw 3 million every year. But the fact you can't hide from is that in 2013 the Yankees suck, and the Braves should make a run in the postseason.

:corn: :corn:

Who cares if the Braves make a run at the postseason, they do that pretty much every year 16 of the past 22 but they've also gotten bounced out in the first round 6 straight times. Braves haven't drawn 3mm since 2000, they've averaged 2.5mm which is pretty sad considering they've made the PS 7 of 12 years during that run.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The braves have a great young team that should be a contender for a while as long as they keep Heyward, Upton,Upton, and Freeman around. Some good young pitchers like Beachy, Minor, Tehron, and Medlin should keep them in a lot of games.

That said their attendance sucks. There will be more Cubs fans at the games this weekend than braves fans. Just like there are more yankees fans when they are in town.

I understand the hatred for the yankees since the yankees made it possible for Atlanta to "Choke" away two of their many opportunities to win. 96 and 99 will always be there.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    intodeep wrote:
    The braves have a great young team that should be a contender for a while as long as they keep Heyward, Upton,Upton, and Freeman around. Some good young pitchers like Beachy, Minor, Tehron, and Medlin should keep them in a lot of games.

That said their attendance sucks. There will be more Cubs fans at the games this weekend than braves fans. Just like there are more yankees fans when they are in town.

I understand the hatred for the yankees since the yankees made it possible for Atlanta to "Choke" away two of their many opportunities to win. 96 and 99 will always be there.

I wouldn't call 1999 a choke job. The Braves were lucky to get by the Mets and I believe the Yanks swept them in the Series. In 96 the Braves took the first two at NY and had game 3 in hand till Mr. Leyritz came to the plate. That one still leaves a mark.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS wrote:
    yankee's suck

agreed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:
    DS wrote:
    yankee's suck

agreed

:|
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I was kinda looking forward to seeing if Nunez and Nix had something to prove. Opening day wasnt pretty for either I think... jitters I hope. I think I just want to see one of them hit .273 with 11 homers.. you know, Arod type numbers for 1/99th the price. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    intodeep wrote:
    I wouldn't call 1999 a choke job. The Braves were lucky to get by the Mets and I believe the Yanks swept them in the Series.

How were the Braves lucky, they won the most games in MLB for the regular season and were up 3-0 on the mets before winning that series 4-2. Like I said before braves fans are the least knowledgable fans around and you certainly aren't proving that wrong. :lol:
    intodeep wrote:
    I wouldn't call 1999 a choke job. The Braves were lucky to get by the Mets and I believe the Yanks swept them in the Series.

How were the Braves lucky, they won the most games in MLB for the regular season and were up 3-0 on the mets before winning that series 4-2. Like I said before braves fans are the least knowledgable fans around and you certainly aren't proving that wrong. :lol:

Again you are proving why most people hate the Yankees. I know the Braves won 103 games that year. More than any team in the regular season. But if it wasn't for Chipper Jones out this world play against the Mets, and a game ending bases loaded walk to Andruw Jones, the Braves don't get into the Series. But I'm sure you'll come back with another post hurling insults and profanities to make yourself feel better due some inadequacy that nobody cares anything about. So insult on my friend. :D:D:D
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    Can't lose Kuroda. Hopefully it's not too serious
    I miss igotid88
    But if it wasn't for Chipper Jones out this world play against the Mets, and a game ending bases loaded walk to Andruw Jones, the Braves don't get into the Series.

Chipper batted 263 with 1 rbi, he had one good game in the NLCS and that came in a game they lost. Even if you lost game 6, you automatically assume you would have lost the series even though Glavine who owned the Mets and had shut them down in game 3 would've been on the hill in game 7.
    But I'm sure you'll come back with another post hurling insults and profanities to make yourself feel better due some inadequacy that nobody cares anything about. So insult on my friend.

Says the guy who came into the yankee thread where nobody cares anything about the braves and wrote this.
    The Yankees suck....Go Braves!
    I said that in tongue in cheek. I'm sorry that offended you so much that you feel like you must insult and degrade Braves fans. If hearing someone say "the Yankees suck" gets you that worked up, you must walk around one miserable SOB.
  • jay z?

well apparently the Yankees have 99 problems....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    jay z?

He's just the name behind it, I doubt he will negotiate on his behalf. Plus this new business venture is under a bigger sports agency umbrella. ella ella eh eh eh ;)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    I know it was a nasty day...but that attendance was pretty sparse for yanks/sox.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I said that in tongue in cheek. I'm sorry that offended you so much that you feel like you must insult and degrade Braves fans. If hearing someone say "the Yankees suck" gets you that worked up, you must walk around one miserable SOB.

You seem to be missing the point so let me repeat it for the 3rd time because you seem a little slow. No one in here cares about the Braves. This is the Yankees thread, there is no rivalry between our teams, you're not in our league, we don't play you this year and nobody in here cares what the hell the Braves do in 2013.

Here's a Braves thread if you want to discuss your team but as you can see by the amount of replies not too many people care about them in there either. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=141185&hilit=Atlanta+braves+fans

You seem to be missing the point so let me repeat it for the 3rd time because you seem a little slow. No one in here cares about the Braves. This is the Yankees thread, there is no rivalry between our teams, you're not in our league, we don't play you this year and nobody in here cares what the hell the Braves do in 2013.

Here's a Braves thread if you want to discuss your team but as you can see by the amount of replies not too many people care about them in there either. :lol:

four pages in three years :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    on the 1996 World Series video there's a lone Yankee fan in Atlanta game 5 doing the tomahawk chant

"OoooH OoooH OooooH You're Gona Lose 3 in a Roooow" and this Guy and his son behind him giving him the Death Stare!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    imalive wrote:
    I know it was a nasty day...but that attendance was pretty sparse for yanks/sox.

People come to see A-Rod and Jeter
    I miss igotid88
    Yankees release David Aardsma
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

People come to boo A-Rod

fixed ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

four pages in three years :lol:

I was actually surprised it was that many pages :lol:
    edited April 2013

Are you Fidel Castro? I mean are you literally telling another poster where and what they can post?
    Post edited by BamaJammer29 on
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    on the 1996 World Series video there's a lone Yankee fan in Atlanta game 5 doing the tomahawk chant

"OoooH OoooH OooooH You're Gona Lose 3 in a Roooow" and this Guy and his son behind him giving him the Death Stare!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Ol' Reliable hands hit off to the best ever. Just like the doctor ordered.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Word
    Pettitte and Rivera
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Pettitte and Rivera

It just feels Good, feels Right :lol: