The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    PAGING JEFFREY MAYER :lol:
    :lol::lol: He's probably - at this moment - buying his tickets.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    the orioles are gonna give us problems

Nah. no shot. Texas has been on a much bigger skid than our boys.

I must say, this is not the best Yankees team I have ever seen, but they have an absolutely beautiful path to the series...beautiful.

Fingers crossed...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I must say, this is not the best Yankees team I have ever seen, but they have an absolutely beautiful path to the series...beautiful.

Fingers crossed...

you have been down on the Os all year...but they have that destiny feel

i hope you're right

they won all 3 series at the stadium this year

9-9 season series
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I hope Jeffrey's getting ready. :D

jeffrey-maier-28-june-2010.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Fingers crossed...

you have been down on the Os all year...but they have that destiny feel

i hope you're right

they won all 3 series at the stadium this year

9-9 season series

Fuck that shit. The 9-9 is luck. This team has a +7 run differential....PLUS FUCKING 7. They are garbage. Fuck destiny, they ran into a terrible Rangers team...terrible. If the Yanks don't get to the ALCS this is an absolute disaster of a season. This couldn't be set up better.

I may not see the stadium Thursday.
    Plus they don't have Nick Markakis. This team really sucks and it's a complete tribute to Buck they are there. They have 2 good players and one good pitcher.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fuck that shit. The 9-9 is luck. This team has a +7 run differential....PLUS FUCKING 7. They are garbage. Fuck destiny, they ran into a terrible Rangers team...terrible. If the Yanks don't get to the ALCS this is an absolute disaster of a season. This couldn't be set up better.

I personally thin ktoo much is made over run differential. A team can be 1-9 over their last ten games and still have a positive run differential.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I personally thin ktoo much is made over run differential. A team can be 1-9 over their last ten games and still have a positive run differential.

How can too much be made of run differential? The only goal of the game is to score more runs than your opponent.

A team that wins 9 games in a row by one run is lucky as shit and is not going to happen against this offense.

Also, I'm drunk and possibly not making sense, but Baltimore is absolute garbage. GARBAGE!
    PLUS FUCKING 7 RUN DIFFERENTIAL!

Honestly, can anyone here complain about facing the Orioles over Texas? Andrus-Hamilton-Beltre-Napoli or Mark Fucking Reynolds....I'll take it.
    CC is going to rape that lineup. Seriously, he may get arrested.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

How can too much be made of run differential? The only goal of the game is to score more runs than your opponent.

A team that wins 9 games in a row by one run is lucky as shit and is not going to happen against this offense.

Also, I'm drunk and possibly not making sense, but Baltimore is absolute garbage. GARBAGE!

Baltimore won exactly 2 less games than the Yankees playing the same schedule and split the season series with them. To dismiss the team at this point...I just don't see it. You only need to win a ball game by one run. DO the Yankees have the ability to blow the fucker open versus what Baltimore can do..of course. To think the Yankees will march through this team. I don't see it.
    edited October 2012
    DS1119 wrote:
    Baltimore won exactly 2 less games than the Yankees playing the same schedule and split the season series with them. To dismiss the team at this point...I just don't see it. You only need to win a ball game by one run. DO the Yankees have the ability to blow the fucker open versus what Baltimore can do..of course. To think the Yankees will march through this team. I don't see it.

Dude, they scored 7 more runs than their opponents. They have the highest winning percentage in one run games since some time in the early 80's. There is a whole lot of fucking luck in getting that many wins with those stats. Buck deserves all the credit in the world, but the Yankees are ten fucking times the team Baltimore is. If the Yankees can't win this, they have real problems.

There is no excuse for losing this series. Texas is understandable, Baltimore is not
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    I'll eat all the crow in the world. THE YANKEES ARE NOT LOSING THIS SERIES.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Dude, they scored 7 more runs than their opponents. They have the highest winning percentage in one run games since some time in the early 80's. There is a whole lot of fucking luck in getting that many wins with those stats. Buck deserves all the credit in the world, but the Yankees are ten fucking times the team Baltimore is. If the Yankees can't win this, they have real problems.

There is no excuse for losing this series. Texas is understandable, Baltimore is not

It doesn't matter collectively how many runs you score during a season. To win 100 games theoretically your offense only needs to score 100 runs for the year. Run differential to me is just soo meaningless. Does it matter if a team wins 1-0 or 15-2? It doesn't at all. They're both wins. The Yankees are very good at pouring it on especially becasue they have a bench that rivals most other teams starting lineups, so when even the scrubs or mop ups come in they still really have talent out there.

IDK, just to dismiss this team as garbage I don't see it. Since the Yankees have a horrible record in one run games does that make them extremely unlucky then?
    But come on, how many runs your score collectively over the season and how many runs you give up is an exact representation of the team you are, no? Then what baseballs all about? And yeah, I'd definitely say the Yankees were unlucky in one run games, but we'll hind out now

There is really no excuse for Baltimore winning this series. None.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    But come on, how many runs your score collectively over the season and how many runs you give up is an exact representation of the team you are, no? .

I always thought your win/loss record was an exact representation of the team?
    Andy gets the ball for game 2. :mrgreen:
  • DS1119 wrote:

Makes sense since Kuroda has a ERA over four on the road, plus the last time he made a road playoff start, the Phillies bombed him.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    LETS GO!!!! :corn:
    DS1119 wrote:

Makes sense since Kuroda has a ERA over four on the road, plus the last time he made a road playoff start, the Phillies bombed him.
    I would have had Kuroda start game 2. What is Joe doing??
  • Newch91 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I would have had Kuroda start game 2. What is Joe doing??

2.72 home
    4.23 away

Interesting pettitte hasn't faced the o's this season but he owns them over his career 27-6 3.52
    Wait...are the Yankees home or away?
  • Newch91 wrote:

Away first round is 2 away than 3 home :fp:
  • ROTATION
    CC Sabathia
    Andy Pettitte
    Hiroki Kuroda
    Phil Hughes

BULLPEN
    Rafael Soriano
    Dave Robertson
    Boone Logan
    Joba Chamberlain
    Clay Rapada
    David Phelps
    Derek Lowe

CATCHERS
    Russell Martin
    Chris Stewart

INFIELDERS
    Mark Teixeira
    Robinson Cano
    Derek Jeter
    Alex Rodriguez
    Eric Chavez
    Eduardo Nunez
    Jayson Nix

OUTFIELDERS
    Curtis Granderson
    Nick Swisher
    Ichiro Suzuki
    Raul Ibanez
    Brett Gardner
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    It's gonna be an interesting week as a Yanks fan at UMD!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    Newch91 wrote:

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: That deserves 5.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: That deserves 5.

:lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    gotta get this 1st gamw with CC going against a righty

i like Andy on the road and Kuroda at home (road pressure is way past andy)

if we somehow are losing 2-1 ..i doubt Hughes goes in game 4

LET'S DO IT!!!!!! :corn:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    gotta get this 1st gamw with CC going against a righty

i like Andy on the road and Kuroda at home (road pressure is way past andy)

if we somehow are losing 2-1 ..i doubt Hughes goes in game 4

LET'S DO IT!!!!!! :corn:

I would believe CC would go if they were down 2-1.