The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    Straight double header for Baltimore. Toronto is terrible, but would be nice to have them blow through pitchers today.

Pretty wild they are playing a straight double header. Yankees would never even consider losing a gate. Don't see that much anymore.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, I don't know. I'd go with something like this. Maybe Swisher 2nd (?) and put a shit load of speed at the bottom. I'd be nervous keeping Ichiro 2nd unless he can keep this up.

I'd also imaigne Tex will DH a bit especially early to make sure they don't lose him again.

Who knows? Too many players is never a problem to have. :lol: Just got to get them all healthy and most importantly winning these ballgames out the rest of the year. I do not want to see a wild card. That whole one game thing scares the shit out of me.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, I don't know. I'd go with something like this. Maybe Swisher 2nd (?) and put a shit load of speed at the bottom. I'd be nervous keeping Ichiro 2nd unless he can keep this up.

I'd also imaigne Tex will DH a bit especially early to make sure they don't lose him again.

Who knows? Too many players is never a problem to have. :lol: Just got to get them all healthy and most importantly winning these ballgames out the rest of the year. I do not want to see a wild card. That whole one game thing scares the shit out of me.

Agreed, Gardner potentially coming back is not a bad thing but could make for some tough decisions. For one thing, I really hope Jones doesn't make the post season roster. I would imagine Ibanez may have secured his spot Saturday.

Nah, I really don't want the Wild Card game either. That would suck.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Ya, Jones has done nothing in the second half. First half i thought who would give up on this guy? not even that old :fp:
    Ya, Jones has done nothing in the second half. First half i thought who would give up on this guy? not even that old :fp:

Absolutely brutal

The day that Ichiro had 7 hits they mentioned a stat...I don't remember exactly what it was but Ichiro had more hits that day than Jones had in a month I think it was.
    Looks like Ardsma is going to be activated. Hopefully it turns into a nice find by Cashman.
    Let's go Andy. Get it done.
    Robertson scares me a little.
    :mrgreen:
    Can't complain too much about yesterday. Knocked two games off the magic number. 2 games in the loss column with 9 to go.

Andy even when he doesn't have his best stuff just gets it done. It's pretty remarkable. No rehab games and now 11 innings in without a run.

Baseball is a very long season. Ups and downs. Hopefully they can keep this ride going for another month or so. Like I always say, it's all about getting hot and this team is playing good ball right now. Going to have to keep it up for a while though to make the run they want. I feel like that confidence is starting to come back though. No predictions here, but hoping for a fun month.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Can't complain too much about yesterday. Knocked two games off the magic number. 2 games in the loss column with 9 to go.

Andy even when he doesn't have his best stuff just gets it done. It's pretty remarkable. No rehab games and now 11 innings in without a run.

Baseball is a very long season. Ups and downs. Hopefully they can keep this ride going for another month or so. Like I always say, it's all about getting hot and this team is playing good ball right now. Going to have to keep it up for a while though to make the run they want. I feel like that confidence is starting to come back though. No predictions here, but hoping for a fun month.

I feel like we are back in the drivers seat again!
  • andy is the key

1 1/2 with 9 left?

its their's to win or lose
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Ichiro is on fire! If he keeps this up and they win the division, he may be the reason why they won the division.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Gardner activated.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Gardner & Aardsma reactivated for to0nights game
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • give him a fucking chance to get outta his jam you jerkoff

4 lefties my ass....give him 1 more guy

good job Joe
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • and to top it off he leaves this bum logan in to make the comeback that much harder :fp:
    and to top it off he leaves this bum logan in to make the comeback that much harder :fp:
    :fp:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 wrote:
    and to top it off he leaves this bum logan in to make the comeback that much harder :fp:
    :fp:
    :roll:

i don't get it ..leave him in for mauer after the damage is done :?
    and Morneau (sp)
  • this game is over

nonsense
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    Should had let Hughes finish the inning.
    I miss igotid88
    give him a fucking chance to get outta his jam you jerkoff

good job Joe

And Hughes has good numbers against lefties this year.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:

good job Joe

This deserves a :fp: on Girardi for that.
    Newch91 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

good job Joe

This deserves a :fp: on Girardi for that.

And to top it off. Span was hitting over .300 vs lefties this year. And has better numbers vs lefties than righties in his career.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

good job Joe

And to top it off. Span was hitting over .300 vs lefties this year. And has better numbers vs lefties than righties in his career.

i guess he left that big stat book home

wasted game
    Thanks Girardi. Could have been up 2.5 games on Baltimore.
  • granted hughes could given up a hit himself,but give him a chance
  • nix w/ 2 outs :?

lord
  • back breaker..could have head locked the division

peace out.....off to bed