The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    bingo...let the skies open up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

Annnnnnnd, Waldman said its raining.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just more proof, God loves us.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just more proof, God loves us.

:lol:
    thank you mother nature...we'll take the shutout and run to oakland
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    DS1119 wrote:
    Paul O'Neil rocks. Tell me you wouldn't want to party with that guy! :lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol: Yes! Paul has become my second favorite announcer, after Singleton. If I ever see Paul at a bar in NYC, I'd buy him a drink.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    If i hung with Cone, we could end up on the news.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    If i hung with Cone, we could end up on the news.

:o:lol:
  • Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 238
    Cone is a crazy dude, he's a solid announcer. Cone and Singleton are my favorites.
    Yeah, I would put my vote behind Cone. There are some pretty wild stories about him. A night on the town with Cone and Boomer would be quite the experience.
    So yeah, you know I have to go ahead and post this...

This post....

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... a-problem/

Brought me to this....

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/baseballi ... qT66FHo7LJ
    98 after they beat the indians to go to the ws ..i was out in a club w/ some friends for a bday party

in comes cone...posada..chili davis..shane spencer and jeter

we were all in the vip room

when i tell you cone was smoking one stogie after the next and making out w/ 3 girls at once..it was too fuckin funny ....chili davis had a full length leather coat ( looked like a hitman)

shane spencer had this beautiful cougar all over him ,but he wanted no part of it 9 i kept on saying "dude,whats wrong with you?"

jeter....as u can imagine was pretty popular :lol:
    Gardner to have arthroscopic surgery on his elbow. Out for the season. :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:

Sucks. This team has handled injuries well though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

They have so far. It will be interesting the next 11 days what happens. :corn:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

They have so far. It will be interesting the next 11 days what happens. :corn:

No doubt. I don't want them giving up anything major for a rental, especially with how they have done, but I am sure they want some security given the age of the fill ins, who have done a great job.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    No doubt. I don't want them giving up anything major for a rental, especially with how they have done, but I am sure they want some security given the age of the fill ins, who have done a great job.

I wouldn't mind seeing Victorino but if what they have now player wise stays healthy I'm not sure it's a huge upgrade. Defensively yes. I'm also not a fan of him bitching about batting seventh the other day and pouting about it.

It just seems to me the team is in a dmaned if you do/damned if you don't situation. With Gardner now out....trade deadline approaching...if they make a move they will be criticized and if they don';t make a move they'll be criticized. I would expect at least something. IDK
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Victorino but if what they have now player wise stays healthy I'm not sure it's a huge upgrade. Defensively yes. I'm also not a fan of him bitching about batting seventh the other day and pouting about it.

It just seems to me the team is in a dmaned if you do/damned if you don't situation. With Gardner now out....trade deadline approaching...if they make a move they will be criticized and if they don';t make a move they'll be criticized. I would expect at least something. IDK

Agreed 100%. Plus other GMs are going to try and get more out of the Yanks with Gardner hurt. Victorino has always been a whiny bitch.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Victorino has always been a whiny bitch.

Yeah, not sure how that would play out with the Yankees. Either the team does a good job of hiding that type of stuff or they just have a history of acquiring players who know how to be professional. I think it may be a combination of both.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, not sure how that would play out with the Yankees. Either the team does a good job of hiding that type of stuff or they just have a history of acquiring players who know how to be professional. I think it may be a combination of both.

These days, I think they follow the example that is Jeter, Mo and the like. They definitely look for a certain attitude, but I think the players they have also set a good example. Martin is a pretty good example of a somewhat hot head that has been nothing but class since he came.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

These days, I think they follow the example that is Jeter, Mo and the like. They definitely look for a certain attitude, but I think the players they have also set a good example. Martin is a pretty good example of a somewhat hot head that has been nothing but class since he came.

True.
    tonight oakland was a lock......flying across country w/ no day off + Garcia was due to give up a few

cano got a hit though
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,784
    3 runs streak continues
    I miss igotid88
    Ehh. Bad baserunning there Tex and/or Thomson.
    I had a feeling this was going to be a tough series. Feels like a trap series. Yanks playing well but running into a good underrated team with good pitching.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Ehh. Bad baserunning there Tex and/or Thomson.

Really not enjoying these outs left on the bases
    Doesn't Reddick belong at some Occupy protest?
    don't cha know
    Oakland fans that boo Chavez are fucking morons and every A's fan should be embarrassed about them. Fucking idiots.
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oakland fans that boo Chavez are fucking morons and every A's fan should be embarrassed about them. Fucking idiots.
    I have to agree with you on that. Chavez is my favorite player and it was nice to see him playing third again in Oakland last night. Six fucking gold gloves at third in Oakland, that pisses me off that he was getting booed!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'