The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Not a great option but the yanks signed fukodome a few days ago.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Not a great option but the yanks signed fukodome a few days ago.

Yeah, I threw up in my mouth when I saw that.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    were up 9 games...stay put besides potential pitching needs
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    were up 9 games...stay put besides potential pitching needs

Yeah, I wouldn't go all out by any stretch of the imagination unless that meant Gonzalez or Upton who would be around for a long time with reasonable contracts. Not gonna happen though.

Other moves would be marginal upgrades but I am a little nervous about Jones and Ibanez holding up.

Pitching would be interesting and could be a need but a lot of teams look like they are out for the few guys available.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Here is a thought that I will probably absolutely despise after about 5 minutes but it just came to my mind, so I'm gonna think it through.

Ichiro

Having an absolutely miserable year. Terrible. No two ways about it. Owed a bunch of money. Seattle wants to resign him. Any chance of giving up a not great prospect, taking on the remaining salary and picking him up? They can save a few bucks to put towards his contract next year and get a middle of the road prospect (not like they are going to compete this year), Yankees get some speed at the bottom of the lineup and hopefully a guy that can get a spark jumping into a race (or a runaway train :thumbup: )

Hmmmmm. I don't know if I hate it as much as I thought I would. I probably hate hit. He sucks now. Yeah, I think I hate it.

I believe I read rumors of this at the beginning of this season. Obviously he would be an upgrade in the speed and defensive department of what they have now. Not sure how he would handle being a bottom of the order guy though.

I know people are going to give me shit for this and I don't care, but if Damon can be had relatively cheap I say throw him in the mix. Might catch a bolt of lightning again.
    I rather call up Branyon or Cust than Damon both are playing well in Scranton.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Here is a thought that I will probably absolutely despise after about 5 minutes but it just came to my mind, so I'm gonna think it through.

Ichiro

Having an absolutely miserable year. Terrible. No two ways about it. Owed a bunch of money. Seattle wants to resign him. Any chance of giving up a not great prospect, taking on the remaining salary and picking him up? They can save a few bucks to put towards his contract next year and get a middle of the road prospect (not like they are going to compete this year), Yankees get some speed at the bottom of the lineup and hopefully a guy that can get a spark jumping into a race (or a runaway train :thumbup: )

Hmmmmm. I don't know if I hate it as much as I thought I would. I probably hate hit. He sucks now. Yeah, I think I hate it.

I believe I read rumors of this at the beginning of this season. Obviously he would be an upgrade in the speed and defensive department of what they have now. Not sure how he would handle being a bottom of the order guy though.

I know people are going to give me shit for this and I don't care, but if Damon can be had relatively cheap I say throw him in the mix. Might catch a bolt of lightning again.

Thought about that bottom of the order thing. Could be an issue, especially since it seems like a big deal out there that he just lost the leadoff spot. You know where I stand on Damon. I'll just say I'd prefer Ichiro to Damon given the Yankees need of speed and defense. All Damon has left is a very little bit of power and the Yankees don't need any more of that (as you have pointed out many times). Can't hit, can't field, not much speed, etc.

Edit: I am not real sure Ichiro would even accept a trade to the Yankees, so it's probably irrelevant, but it was just a thought I had.

Not sure Branyon or Cust add anything to the team that they don't already have.
    DS1119 wrote:

Not sure Branyon or Cust add anything to the team that they don't already have.

Prob not unless someone gets hurt but unless we can grab a big time bat I'm content with standing pat.
    I'm sure I will take shit over this as well, but oh well. I really wish ARod wasn't on the team. He plays 3B evry other day and he clearly is losing his bat. What's this guy going to be like 3 years from now? :fp:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm sure I will take shit over this as well, but oh well. I really wish ARod wasn't on the team. He plays 3B evry other day and he clearly is losing his bat. What's this guy going to be like 3 years from now? :fp:

At least he doesn't make a lot of $$$$$$
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    DS1119 wrote:

No, you wont take shit over that. That A-Rod contract is the biggest joke in pro sports, imo.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

No, you wont take shit over that. That A-Rod contract is the biggest joke in pro sports, imo.

I remember how happy I was when the Yanks resigned him. Fall of 07...I was in a bar at Chicago Midway Airport when the news came across on ESPN. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

I can't get too worked up over Arod. I absolutely hate the phrase, "it is what it is", but that is really the case. That was a weird year for the Yankees when the wrong people were in charge. Yankees are stuck with him, right now he is an above average hitter. He'll be a full time DH soon and hopefully that will help him with some power. What can you do?
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,230
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So, thoughts on what the Yanks should do given the Gardner news?

I would absolutely love them to get Upton. Yes, that would be fucking fantastic. Upton, Granderson and Gardner in the outfield next year, yes please. I just don't think the Yankees have the pieces to get it done. Yankees farm is pretty stacked, but the upper levels aren't great. Towers obviously knows the Yankees farm better than anyone, but with the terrible year Betances is having and the Banuelos injury, I just don't know what they have that the Dbacks would be interested in. Lower levels are stacked, but I don't think they would be interested in that considering the league they play in and that they were in the playoffs last year. I'd package a bunch of those kids to get him though.

Victorino....I hate him but he could be a fit. I wouldn't give much up though. I wouldn't do a top prospect for less than half a season of a not very good outfielder. Like I said, maybe Romine...but he's been hurt. Not much more than that. Fits that speed bill that they are missing. More power than Gardner

I really can't of who else there could be. Frenchy? No fucking thanks.

Carlos Gonzalez. YES FUCKING PLEASE. Not gonna happen though.

Go with Dickerson or Wise and hope Ibanez and Jones can hold it down? Not a real fan of that idea. Getting it done now, but I wouldn't rely on it.

I'd think Victorino has to be the most realistic option, but I'm sure other teams would drive up the cost a bit. Not sure the upgrade is worth losing a decent prospect. I do think Victorino is pretty terrible though.

I say nothing unless there's a free handout of outfielders in August. Jones and Ibanez have combined for 23 home runs and 62 RBI and assuming they maintain their cushion, they can rest them more and throw others into the mix.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So, thoughts on what the Yanks should do given the Gardner news?

I would absolutely love them to get Upton. Yes, that would be fucking fantastic. Upton, Granderson and Gardner in the outfield next year, yes please. I just don't think the Yankees have the pieces to get it done. Yankees farm is pretty stacked, but the upper levels aren't great. Towers obviously knows the Yankees farm better than anyone, but with the terrible year Betances is having and the Banuelos injury, I just don't know what they have that the Dbacks would be interested in. Lower levels are stacked, but I don't think they would be interested in that considering the league they play in and that they were in the playoffs last year. I'd package a bunch of those kids to get him though.

Victorino....I hate him but he could be a fit. I wouldn't give much up though. I wouldn't do a top prospect for less than half a season of a not very good outfielder. Like I said, maybe Romine...but he's been hurt. Not much more than that. Fits that speed bill that they are missing. More power than Gardner

I really can't of who else there could be. Frenchy? No fucking thanks.

Carlos Gonzalez. YES FUCKING PLEASE. Not gonna happen though.

Go with Dickerson or Wise and hope Ibanez and Jones can hold it down? Not a real fan of that idea. Getting it done now, but I wouldn't rely on it.

I'd think Victorino has to be the most realistic option, but I'm sure other teams would drive up the cost a bit. Not sure the upgrade is worth losing a decent prospect. I do think Victorino is pretty terrible though.

I say nothing unless there's a free handout of outfielders in August. Jones and Ibanez have combined for 23 home runs and 62 RBI and assuming they maintain their cushion, they can rest them more and throw others into the mix.

Yeah, I hear you. And with Chavez killing it, they have been able to get production out of the DH at the same time with Arod. I wouldn't give up much of anything for Victorino. Think I am coming more to your side, unless Upton was a possibility.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    BDD_AR_ring_4.14.10.jpg

I've developed a soft spot for him, he know his place now as well, its Jeter's team.
    its Jeter's team.

Amen to that.
    BDD_AR_ring_4.14.10.jpg

I've developed a soft spot for him, he know his place now as well, its Jeter's team.

A monster post season ending in a ring will go a long ways. And agreed.
    hpe the big guy looks good tonight

i would give him 100 pitches at the most
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    BDD_AR_ring_4.14.10.jpg

A monster post season ending in a ring will go a long ways. And agreed.

We could use monster post seasons from Tex and Swish as well, if these 3 guys disappear again it doesn't matter what we do at the deadline.
    We could use monster post seasons from Tex and Swish as well, if these 3 guys disappear again it doesn't matter what we do at the deadline.

Yeah, true. Such is true for any team though. All about getting hot at the right time. Fucking Delmon Young last year.
    Darnell McDonald designated to make room for CC. Had a feeling that is all it would be.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Darnell McDonald designated to make room for CC. Had a feeling that is all it would be.

Yup. Feel bad he had to cut his hair. :lol:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Guess CC had a nice and relaxing vacation
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Guess CC had a nice and relaxing vacation

Yes he did. 8-)
    nothing like a 2 pitch save :lol:

nice to see the big boy looking good'

rolling rolling along
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,782
    Don't like seeing 6 pitchers being used in a game we were leading 6-0
    I miss igotid88
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,230
    nothing like a 2 pitch save :lol:

nice to see the big boy looking good'

rolling rolling along

great for us fantasy baseball people, plus we get to hear his catchy entrance music, which lasted longer than his outing.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."