The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    That was scary.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Extras again??
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    Swishaaaa
    I miss igotid88
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    nice swish

cmon mo
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    swisher sweet :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Damn, was supposed to be at the game last night but roommate (aka transportation) cancelled at the last second :evil:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam wrote:
    Damn, was supposed to be at the game last night but roommate (aka transportation) cancelled at the last second :evil:
    Very lame
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Out in San Fran so going to miss most of the games until sometime next week. Especially since I'm heading straight to Boston for work next Wednesday. Ah well. Glad to see they swept the series, although this on didn't sound very pretty either. This weekends games should be fun. Oh and the ground better not fucking shake while I am here.
    Jorge is throwing out the first pitch tomorrow. Pretty sweet
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Out in San Fran so going to miss most of the games until sometime next week. Especially since I'm heading straight to Boston for work next Wednesday. Ah well. Glad to see they swept the series, although this on didn't sound very pretty either. This weekends games should be fun. Oh and the ground better not fucking shake while I am here.

you guys worried about CC!? ... :)

if it's dungeness crab season in the bay area ... i highly recommend you hit one of those restaurants in chinatown that cook it ... it's friggin' good ...
    I'm not worried yet. He'll be fine. Just location.

Thanks, man. Staying right near there. I'll look into it. Bad ass view from my room too. Panaromaic view of the bay with Coit Tower and Alcatraz right in front of me.
    Happy home opener! :D
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    AROD and Cano have flipped spots in the lineup.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I wish I wasn't working until 5 today. Maybe I'll be able to get reception on my XM unit at my desk. I doubt it, but it would be pretty sweet if I could.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    passed on opening day... way too tired from the rangers last night ...struggling to stay awake atm
    throw the flames at me now
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    So Damon wound up signing with Cleveland for a reported $1.25 millin plus another potential $1.4 million in incentives. I'm sure he thought he could get more money over the winter but he's got to be kicking himself right about now. That's less than what Ibanez could get if he reaches all of his incentives. Maybe he'll use that opt-out clause when Sizemore returns and the Yanks will cut Ibanez if he's not performing well and Damon can wind up where he should have been all along.
  • So Damon wound up signing with Cleveland for a reported $1.25 millin plus another potential $1.4 million in incentives. I'm sure he thought he could get more money over the winter but he's got to be kicking himself right about now. That's less than what Ibanez could get if he reaches all of his incentives. Maybe he'll use that opt-out clause when Sizemore returns and the Yanks will cut Ibanez if he's not performing well and Damon can wind up where he should have been all along.
    What a bizarre deal if I understand correctly. The Indians are essentially renting him until Sizemore returns, then damon can stay if he wants or go even if its midseason???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Doubt the Yankees would pick up JD if he was cut we still have Branyon and Cust waiting in the wings.
    So Damon wound up signing with Cleveland for a reported $1.25 millin plus another potential $1.4 million in incentives. I'm sure he thought he could get more money over the winter but he's got to be kicking himself right about now. That's less than what Ibanez could get if he reaches all of his incentives. Maybe he'll use that opt-out clause when Sizemore returns and the Yanks will cut Ibanez if he's not performing well and Damon can wind up where he should have been all along.
    What a bizarre deal if I understand correctly. The Indians are essentially renting him until Sizemore returns, then damon can stay if he wants or go even if its midseason???

Yeah, that's how I understand it, too. I think it's going to be a set number of days after Sizemore comes back and then he can decide if he wants to stick around. I guess they threw that in there because he was concerned about not getting much playing time if Sizemore is healthy. Maybe he's also secretly hoping that Ibanez will struggle and the Yankees will need a DH. It's a very weird deal. I've heard of players being able to opt out if they're not on the major league roster by a certain date but this is the first time I've heard of a player being able to opt out if he feels he's not getting enough playing time. I wonder how that will play out with regards to tampering if he does opt out and signs somewhere else right away.
    This game's off to a good start so far. HR from A-Rod makes it 4-0.
    This game's off to a good start so far. HR from A-Rod makes it 4-0.

Yanks def looking good today
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i hate having yanks in my fantasy teams ... :lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Jeter is hot right now. :mrgreen:
    DS1119 wrote:

Definitely a better start than last year.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    DS1119 wrote:

He's 0-3 today...or are you talking about those tight pants? ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:

He's 0-3 today...or are you talking about those tight pants? ;)

I posted that after his double. Also I do like the pants. I have a man crush. :lol:
    A CG shutout would be nice!

Not to be but a beast of a performance.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Solid as you can get, real nice bounce back for him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, as soon as I posted that I went back to si.com to follow the play-by-play and saw that he left after Abreu reached base. Still 8 IP, 0 R, 6 K, 5 H, 2 BB is a great game. I know he said he was nervous about starting today so it's good that he went out and shut down a lineup that has some good bats in it.