The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    m's were a good bet today...big underdog with felix on the mound against hughes

ughhhhh hughes

he pitched well enough to win. their bats and defense let them down today.
    I miss igotid88
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Saw that loss coming a mile away. Didn't see or hear any of the game. Been in meetings all day.

This Danny Knobler guy from CBS is saying the Yanks have the best chance to land Ubaldo.

Yankees and Reds have been the most active. Tough decision, not getting to their asking price yet.

I hope not. If they do i hope they don't give up too much.
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    I don't want them to give up too much either but there is certainly a point where giving up a lot is worth it, if that makes sense.

Yanks stepping up pursuit of kuroda. Have been saying for a long time that would be a great move
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't want them to give up too much either but there is certainly a point where giving up a lot is worth it, if that makes sense.

Yanks stepping up pursuit of kuroda. Have been saying for a long time that would be a great move

I just don't want them to trade Hughes or Montero.
    I miss igotid88
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's if Kuroda agrees, he's been pretty adamant about wanting to stay with the Dodgers.
    Hideki Irabu found dead of an apparent suicide

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Hideki Irabu found dead of an apparent suicide

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb

Crazy shit. Very sad. I knew he had a pretty serious alcohol problem recently but this is just terrible. I went to see him pitch in a rehab game in Binghamton with my old man back in the day\.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's if Kuroda agrees, he's been pretty adamant about wanting to stay with the Dodgers.

Yeah, I am sure a couple million extra will change his mind pretty quickly.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Jeter. Hbo is tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Jeter. Hbo is tonight

And I dont have HBO right now, gotta figure this out. Gotta cut corners with paying $200 a season for the MLB package.
    I am starting to think the Yankees are going to have to make this ubaldo deal happen. the free agent market is so bare over the next couple years and who knows when and if Seattle is going to trade Felix. Ubaldo is a great fit and certaintly makes this team much better. I am just starting to think it has to happen.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    gotta say, that jeter hbo doc was fucking great. love seeing the behind the scenes footage of the daily grind players go through. real cool.

i hate the yankees, but jeter is one guy i've always kind of liked. i guess a lot of non yankee fans feel this way (with the exception of rw of course).
    www.myspace.com
    If nova pitches good tonight he should go right back in the rotation ..
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    gotta say, that jeter hbo doc was fucking great. love seeing the behind the scenes footage of the daily grind players go through. real cool.

i hate the yankees, but jeter is one guy i've always kind of liked. i guess a lot of non yankee fans feel this way (with the exception of rw of course).

Chase utley will have One someday :lol:

cliff-lee.jpg
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am starting to think the Yankees are going to have to make this ubaldo deal happen. the free agent market is so bare over the next couple years and who knows when and if Seattle is going to trade Felix. Ubaldo is a great fit and certaintly makes this team much better. I am just starting to think it has to happen.

I'm still hesitant on Ubaldo. Especially for what they're asking. His high walk totals won't help in the AL east.
    I miss igotid88
    So much for that. Wow. Kuroda this year I hope then Felix next.
    edited July 2011
    Kuroda pretty much blatantly said that he won't waive his no-trade clause no matter what, and it seems like money won't sway him.

Don't know what Cashman thinks he's doing exactly, but Colon as the #2 starter does not bode well for the playoffs at all.

I wasn't sold on Ubaldo like Cliffy was, but I was starting to agree that he was a risk worth taking. Starting pitching has been the Yankees' #1 need since the damn offseason, and there have been virtually no improvements on it, unless you count gambling successfully on Colon and Garcia. I'm not really confident at all about the Yankees' success for the rest of the season, which might just be typical Yankee fan panic, but I think it's kind of warranted.
    Post edited by tcaporale on
    Looks like the Indians have the best shot at Ubaldo. One of the guys involved in the trade was pulled from the lineup
    I miss igotid88
    Well it's done Ubaldo to the Indians
    I miss igotid88
    Holy shit, what a first inning.
    igotid88 wrote:

wow.

at least you guys are smoking the orioles tonight though. :)
    www.myspace.com
    igotid88 wrote:

wow.

at least you guys are smoking the orioles tonight though. :)

Looks like it might not happen. Yankees asked for Ubaldo to get a physical if a deal was done and the Rockies refused. So if the Indians ask for one they might refuse them also.
    I miss igotid88
    Wow just flipped on the game. 15-0 :shock:

And last night they couldn't get a hit

cliff-lee.jpg

Freddy Garcia has better numbers in the AL...
    Ublado still pitching for the Rox. 2 runs in the 1st with 1 out.
    I miss igotid88
    Didn't get why Ubaldo was still pitching. But he was hugging his teammates. So looks like he's an Indian for sure.
    I miss igotid88
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    igotid88 wrote:
    Didn't get why Ubaldo was still pitching. But he was hugging his teammates. So looks like he's an Indian for sure.

Pretty odd, feel bad for him.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Call Andy, why the fuck not. It's late, I know

But he's SO good in big games, and Rogers trial is no more (for now)

2 months to get ready for when it counts. Someone bribe his kids to tell him to get his ass to NY

cliff-lee.jpg

Freddy Garcia has better numbers in the AL...

....is that your final answer?
    www.myspace.com