The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    This is just me, but I don't think Ubaldo is worth it.

I agree. It seems like pitchers come to NY and you never know what you're going to get.. even with success its usually only a few years. I hope they keep Montero, as I'd like to see some career Yankees coming up like B.Williams, Posada, Jeter, etc..
    I agree. The latest one is Cano. He's going to be a Yankee for his whole career. I can see Gardner staying his whole career, if he works on his hitting a bit more and learns to lay down the perfect bunt. It'll be cool to see Montero become one of the home grown players.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Newch91 wrote:

I agree. It seems like pitchers come to NY and you never know what you're going to get.. even with success its usually only a few years. I hope they keep Montero, as I'd like to see some career Yankees coming up like B.Williams, Posada, Jeter, etc..

I hear you, and I am a huge fan of both Montero and Banuelos. The market for pitching is just bare over the next year plus. It's a tough decision and I want to see them build home grown players as well, with their payroll they need it, I just don't know if the pitching is good enough to win it all. Next year is just going to get worse with even less on the market. At some point Colon's arm is going to fall off and Garcia is going stop fooling people.

I know Martin is just a stop gap until Montero gets up, but how awesome has he been this year to watch? It's great to have a good defensive catcher behind the plate. He definitely needs to bring his average up, but he has been huge for the team this year.

I think it all comes down to if the Yankees see Montero as a catcher. If they do, hold on to him, if they don't trade him.

The fact the Ubaldo is under team control past this year has to make the Yankees think about it, especially when you look at the free agent class.

Ubaldo is not currently an ace (he could very well be some day) but the Yankees don't need an ace. He is only 27 with great stuff and would be awesome behind CC.

Edit: And I am not saying I do it, NO shot I do it for what they are currently asking, it's just a great fit.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Son of a bitch

He looks good

F u mothernature
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    do u believe this?????? rain????? ugh
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Did he really strike out 7 in a row? Just got back from running some errands and I hear he has looked pretty damn good.

Fuckity fuck. What's the weather forecast? Will he come back out?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    NO HITTER!!!

Oops.

PERFECT GAME!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    He is pitching a hell of a game. Shame its a rain delay and it would suck even more if he didn't come back out as a result of an extensive delay.

I am not a Yanks fan but, damn my fantasy team needs his stats right now!!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    Game on
    Stop fucking raining!!
    Dammit
    Dude is an absolute monster.
    BIG BOY is pitching himself into a new MONSTER contact

14 k's thru 7

ok let's finish this game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Dammit

that 1st pitch outside was stupid .....but its all good
    he is done now with the tarp going back on :evil:
    Who the hell knows how true it is, but there is a report out there that the Yanks have the best chance to land Ubaldo if they want to.
    And montero is beginning to tear it up. Power seems to be coming back.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And montero is beginning to tear it up. Power seems to be coming back.

it was only a matter of time.
    I miss igotid88
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    If not for the rain delay, who knows if CC would've pitched differently, but it was still one hell of a performance. Glad I got to see it in person.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I hear you, and I am a huge fan of both Montero and Banuelos. The market for pitching is just bare over the next year plus. It's a tough decision and I want to see them build home grown players as well, with their payroll they need it, I just don't know if the pitching is good enough to win it all. Next year is just going to get worse with even less on the market. At some point Colon's arm is going to fall off and Garcia is going stop fooling people.

I know Martin is just a stop gap until Montero gets up, but how awesome has he been this year to watch? It's great to have a good defensive catcher behind the plate. He definitely needs to bring his average up, but he has been huge for the team this year.

I think it all comes down to if the Yankees see Montero as a catcher. If they do, hold on to him, if they don't trade him.

The fact the Ubaldo is under team control past this year has to make the Yankees think about it, especially when you look at the free agent class.

Ubaldo is not currently an ace (he could very well be some day) but the Yankees don't need an ace. He is only 27 with great stuff and would be awesome behind CC.

Edit: And I am not saying I do it, NO shot I do it for what they are currently asking, it's just a great fit.

:thumbup:

Cliffy, you should be a Yankee commentator.
    Unfortunately I dont get to see too many televised games, so I dont see what Martin does behind the plate.

And Newch, yeah I agree Cano should stay in pinstripes, along with Gardner, for the longhaul!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • wow CC is the man.
    I really liked the lineup while Arod is out...Gardner, Jeter, CG, Tex, Cano
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    chavez coming back for arod is huge

ohhh afternoon game against king felix ...

m's are due for a win ....

We never lose during the day!!!! Mariners are like 8-40 in weather of 70 degrees according to Paul O'neill the other night

That's brutal
    CROJAM95 wrote:

We never lose during the day!!!! Mariners are like 8-40 in weather of 70 degrees according to Paul O'neill the other night

That's brutal

the mush has spoken :mrgreen:
    My McCready bobblehead has been having a tough time watching the last few games, he's shaking his head horizontally!

He wants an AB

They should consider trading Felix, I would do a sweet deal for him if I was cash. Seattle would be better off

The prospects the Yanks could offer aren't that far away from contributing.... They need more than Felix, and Pineda. I don't see them competing in that division with Texas being set up nicely, and LAA being competitive
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    My McCready bobblehead has been having a tough time watching the last few games, he's shaking his head horizontally!

He wants an AB

They should consider trading Felix, I would do a sweet deal for him if I was cash. Seattle would be better off

The prospects the Yanks could offer aren't that far away from contributing.... They need more than Felix, and Pineda. I don't see them competing in that division with Texas being set up nicely, and LAA being competitive

I would give up the farm for Felix. Montero, Banuelos, Betances, Nova and whoever the hell else they want.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    This whole Soriano situation makes me want some Frank Costanza commentary on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzeuvZc1KI8
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

He wants an AB

I would give up the farm for Felix. Montero, Banuelos, Betances, Nova and whoever the hell else they want.

Hell ya! Mariners GM seems like a moron. I'd much rather have taken a package for cliff lee involving Montero, than Justin Smoak IMO. I think Montero is gonna be a better player. Lee, also IMO would have signed in NY if he had played here the 2nd half of last year. But that's just spilt milk

Do they really think they can compete with the big market teams once this monster Aka king Felix hits his unrestricted free agent status. I don't think so

It would be win/win for both clubs
    hughes is laboring already..

got out of the 2nd
    m's were a good bet today...big underdog with felix on the mound against hughes

ughhhhh hughes
    Saw that loss coming a mile away. Didn't see or hear any of the game. Been in meetings all day.

This Danny Knobler guy from CBS is saying the Yanks have the best chance to land Ubaldo.

Yankees and Reds have been the most active. Tough decision, not getting to their asking price yet.