The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Forget it. I'll try again later.

Doubt there were many tickets available. Good luck though. ALDS tickets on stub hub are not too crazy, but I know you are in school so that probably makes it tough.

It definitely is. I was trying for the home game 2 of the ALDS so that why I won't have to worry about not missing a class. I just hope they have the night game for game 1 next Wednesday because I have a night class from 6:30-9. I'll have my laptop out during class to get updated.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Did anyone watch the post game on YES and clubhouse interviews? One of the last was with Girardi and Kim Jones and I swear they could not have picked a worse location. You could see a bunch of guys walking in the background in their towels as they were getting out of the showers or something. At one point YES pulled away to a meaningless AL east standings screen shot for about 90 seconds. Then they cut back to the end of the interview and you see half a bare ass over Girardi's shoulder for the remaining time.

It was hilarious. If things dont go well for Kim at YES I'm sure she can make a killing with a tell all! lol
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Did anyone watch the post game on YES and clubhouse interviews? One of the last was with Girardi and Kim Jones and I swear they could not have picked a worse location. You could see a bunch of guys walking in the background in their towels as they were getting out of the showers or something. At one point YES pulled away to a meaningless AL east standings screen shot for about 90 seconds. Then they cut back to the end of the interview and you see half a bare ass over Girardi's shoulder for the remaining time.

It was hilarious. If things dont go well for Kim at YES I'm sure she can make a killing with a tell all! lol

http://deadspin.com/5650638/thats-not-t ... r-nsfw+ish
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Did anyone watch the post game on YES and clubhouse interviews? One of the last was with Girardi and Kim Jones and I swear they could not have picked a worse location. You could see a bunch of guys walking in the background in their towels as they were getting out of the showers or something. At one point YES pulled away to a meaningless AL east standings screen shot for about 90 seconds. Then they cut back to the end of the interview and you see half a bare ass over Girardi's shoulder for the remaining time.

CLIFFY LINKS :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

CLIFFY LINKS :lol:

haha, Deadspin is a regular destination for me, so I wouldn't miss that.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

I wonder if Joe Morgan's ass was out for the Reds celebration last night? :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, Deadspin is a regular destination for me, so I wouldn't miss that.

fair enough..but the sheer quickness is what amazes me
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I wonder if Joe Morgan's ass was out for the Reds celebration last night? :lol:

hahahahahahah, I have laughed about that article for a week straight.
    fair enough..but the sheer quickness is what amazes me

I am good at navigating the interwebs, what can I say.
    Well, I don't necessarily agree with this but I guess Girardi knows more about his team than I do.

Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Marcus Thames DH
    Austin Kearns LF
    Francisco Cervelli C
    Greg Golson CF

Get guys healthy and rested. If the Yanks go 3-1, the Rays have to go 2-3 for the Yanks to win the division.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Well, I don't necessarily agree with this but I guess Girardi knows more about his team than I do.

Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Marcus Thames DH
    Austin Kearns LF
    Francisco Cervelli C
    Greg Golson CF

Get guys healthy and rested. If the Yanks go 3-1, the Rays have to go 2-3 for the Yanks to win the division.

wow. at least 2 of #1-5 should have the night off.
    rival. wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Marcus Thames DH
    Austin Kearns LF
    Francisco Cervelli C
    Greg Golson CF

wow. at least 2 of #1-5 should have the night off.

I agree, Swisher and Tex I would think, Swisher has had a bad knee and Tex has a broken toe. I see no reason to play them.
    At this point, in some ways, I almost hope the Rays win and the Yanks lost tonight (not really, just saying). I mean I would love for the Yanks to win the East but I don't see it with 4 games to play and it seems idiotic to push the players this weekend to try and get it. Look at the big picture Joe.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Marcus Thames DH
    Austin Kearns LF
    Francisco Cervelli C
    Greg Golson CF

Maybe it's a gradual thing like rest some guys one night, different guys the next night or have guys play four or five innings just to get some at-bats.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Home run javy
    Looks like he won't be making the playoff roster
    Pretty incredible arod got to 30
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Pretty incredible arod got to 30
    Yep. 14 years in a row now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Good to be in. Get guys rested. Not a huge fan of how much Girardi sounds like he wants the division. They have to win more games than tampa with tampa having an extra game to play.

Pretty crazy the Yanks scored 6 runs last night without and RBI hit.
    What about the play where the Blue Jays threw home and Gardner was safe?

Sac fly, no?

three sacrifice flies, a bases loaded walk and two run-scoring ground outs

I didn't watch the whole game, or most of it for that matter. I was watching the Ken Burns documentary but I have read this in a number of places.
    A sac fly wouldn't be that close unless he was running from second and I thought he was at third.
  • fuckin rays gave us a chance to win this division..dam
    fuckin rays gave us a chance to win this division..dam
    Trust Girardi to fuck it up.
  • maybe the sux will lay down for us this weekend :lol:
    maybe the sux will lay down for us this weekend :lol:

According to Cool Standings the Yanks have a 15% chance at the division. If the Rays win tonight, it is all but locked up. Not facing Cliff Lee in the first round is not such a bad thing.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

According to Cool Standings the Yanks have a 15% chance at the division. If the Rays win tonight, it is all but locked up. Not facing Cliff Lee in the first round is not such a bad thing.

yea post has good article on the matchups

lee .. wilson ..colby lewis

we have a nine game losing streak against lefties

we know about the twins pitchers

considering the rays are playing the royals i am getting ready for the twins
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yea post has good article on the matchups

lee .. wilson ..colby lewis

we have a nine game losing streak against lefties

we know about the twins pitchers

considering the rays are playing the royals i am getting ready for the twins

Yeah, aside from playing at Target field where the Twins have been great, they don't really scare me, Baker and Pavano? I'll take the Yanks chances.

They see Greinke tonight. The Rays have to lose for the Yanks to have any shot.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    these fools are trying to give us the division
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It's October :D

Bring out the Ghost.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Tampa lost last night?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Newch91 wrote:
    Tampa lost last night?

yessir

dead heat with 3 to go
    Newch91 wrote:
    Tampa lost last night?

yessir

dead heat with 3 to go

Tampa has the tiebreaker, still going to be tough.