Options

Speed of Sound: Solo vs. Full Band

2»

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Demps wrote:
    The demo is nice, but it sounds like another "Into the Wild" outtake instead of a Pearl Jam song and the album already has "Just Breathe" and "The End" which seem like EV solo songs. I love what the band did with "Speed of Sound" particularly the drumming from Matt, as it is absolutely counter to what you might expect and what 90% of drummers would do. I think the song greatly benefits from what the rest of the musicians brought to it.

What he said. Nice. Agree 100%.
  • Options
    DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    The demo is beautiful and haunting (as someone pointed out earlier), I think it could've have been put on the album as is. The Album version is ok but a couple weeks after BS came out I went back and listened to the demo and was blown away. Ed sounds so vulnerable in the chorus, so much better than the album version. Matt's drums leave a lot to be desired too I think, how about mixing in some brushes and giving it a Thumbing my Way feel?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Demo > Album

I think the release of the demo really ruined it for a lot of people once they heard the more polished album version.

I like the album version, but I like the simplistic, haunting, passionate acoustic demo version much better.

Oh well, I like both.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    TheGossman wrote:
    Solo version is 10x better than the full band version hands down

:idea:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Both versions are just as good for different reasons.

I find myself jamming out to the album version. I find myself getting lost in the demo.. there is no clear winner for me.
  • Options
    dont like either one.