McCready's quote in Spin concerns me....

Comments

• nor am i.
    :)

as i said, i have never...nor will i ever....hold pj up to a higher standard, nor place them on a pedestal. just you, me, and perhaps ed....see things differently. that is not 'making excuses' not at all. it's....seeing, things. differently.

ciao!

i didn't put them on a pedestal...and i am only holding them to a standard they set for themselves many years ago....if they had just been a bunch of typical rock douches, i would of never been such a big fan.

peace
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    giving him a chance to fuck us even more?!?!?! Obama has already fucked us...PLENTY!!!!!!!!!!

he isn't cleaning shit...he is continuing down the same fucking road!!!...he's just a better lier than Bush...that's the only difference!!

Quote of the day, so far...Maybe the WEEK...or month...
    that's just crazy being crazy. If more people were like him and less sheep like, this country would be a lot better.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• nor am i.

as i said, i have never...nor will i ever....hold pj up to a higher standard, nor place them on a pedestal. just you, me, and perhaps ed....see things differently. that is not 'making excuses' not at all. it's....seeing, things. differently.

ciao!

i didn't put them on a pedestal...and i am only holding them to a standard they set for themselves many years ago....if they had just been a bunch of typical rock douches, i would of never been such a big fan.

peace

and as i've said a few times over...i think it is your perspective that they are not living up to that standard, i - amongst many others, might disagree with you there.

i am curious tho, you seriously think you would not have been as big a fan? really? i can see you not being a fan of them as people, but how could any of it diminish how much you love the music? i don't get that. most bands, i have NO idea their politics, and honestly, i couldn't care less either. pj did choose to be political, to put their political beliefs out there, and while i do appreciate and respect that...either way, in no way would diminish my being absolutely in LOVE with their music.

just b/c people change, does not mean they have abandoned their ideals.
    i think we simply have to agree to disagree there.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Am I reading that wrong? I am taking that as they have no problem deliberately writing a song so it gets on the radio. Or is he just saying if they write a song that HAPPENS to sound mainstream, they won't purposely shelve it for Lost Dogs 2 like they did in the past?

I sure hope he meant the latter. Obviously, it's their band, and their career. I am not going to stand up on my soapbox and tell them what they should or shouldn't do. I just hopefully got the wrong impression that they would have no problem pandering to the masses if they felt like it.

i'm guessing it's the latter. they've purposely hidden their best material for years and it's a damn shame. probably why BS is the best thing they've done in years. i don't think they could pander to the masses if they wanted. popular music has kinda passed them by and they're out of touch with the mainstream to begin with.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    What was the reason we all came to love this band in the first place? The MUSIC! That's the reason I love this band. I don't know how many of you agree with me, but it's the music that made me love them. And they always perform great shows that we all love to talk about and share our experiences. Pearl Jam have always made music for them. Sorry if they can't make everyone happy. Maybe that's why they released No Code to test the audiences and find the true fans and that is us.

I'm sorry if Pearl Jam wants to be happy for once in their lives and not be pissed off. I'm also sorry that they want to have personal lives and have families to support and bills to pay. I didn't know that was against the rules of Pearl Jam. "The first rule of Pearl Jam is is to not be happy, have personal lives, have families to support, and bills to pay." Enough with the sell out bullshit.

How about all of you Obama haters leave him alone. It takes time. You just have to give him time. He's in a very tough spot in America's history and he has to fix (no pun intended) everything that Bush did wrong. Obama is not a magician and can magically make everything better.

So, just think about it and start getting judemental.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I used to say to people that they've often taken roads which sabotaged their career. It's nice to hear official validation of that.

My GF who doesn't listen to much PJ, when she heard The Fixer she said it sounds like a song that was designed for the radio. I thought the same thing when I heard it, but she came to that conclusion on her own.

PJ used to write whatever they want and they still sold out crazy amounts of shows and tons of records. Now it's coming out of their own pocket, directly... so it is interesting, but at this point not surprising.

They've changed their direction about corporate sponsors, how they write songs, etc. They have families to feed... so on that part, I get it. Is a little sad to hear that money will dictate their music to some degree.

About halfway through the article, he is being asked about how PJ basically sabotaged their own career with no videos, the TM fiasco, etc, and this is a direct quote:

"We've always tried to subvert the business, But now that we're putting out a record on our own, we're taking on the responsibility of sinking or swimming ourselves. If that means writing a song that sounds like a mainstream radio hit, we're going to do that. And if it means going on TV to promote ourselves, we're going to do that too".

I have nothing against them promoting themselves. I'm not one of those nutjob Pearl Jam "purists" that judge all their decisions at every turn. The only part that didn't sit well with me was "...If that means writing a song that sounds like a mainstream radio hit, we're going to do that.".

Am I reading that wrong? I am taking that as they have no problem deliberately writing a song so it gets on the radio. Or is he just saying if they write a song that HAPPENS to sound mainstream, they won't purposely shelve it for Lost Dogs 2 like they did in the past?

I sure hope he meant the latter. Obviously, it's their band, and their career. I am not going to stand up on my soapbox and tell them what they should or shouldn't do. I just hopefully got the wrong impression that they would have no problem pandering to the masses if they felt like it.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Dead on
    Very great points
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I used to say to people that they've often taken roads which sabotaged their career. It's nice to hear official validation of that.

My GF who doesn't listen to much PJ, when she heard The Fixer she said it sounds like a song that was designed for the radio. I thought the same thing when I heard it, but she came to that conclusion on her own.

PJ used to write whatever they want and they still sold out crazy amounts of shows and tons of records. Now it's coming out of their own pocket, directly... so it is interesting, but at this point not surprising.

They've changed their direction about corporate sponsors, how they write songs, etc. They have families to feed... so on that part, I get it. Is a little sad to hear that money will dictate their music to some degree.

About halfway through the article, he is being asked about how PJ basically sabotaged their own career with no videos, the TM fiasco, etc, and this is a direct quote:

"We've always tried to subvert the business, But now that we're putting out a record on our own, we're taking on the responsibility of sinking or swimming ourselves. If that means writing a song that sounds like a mainstream radio hit, we're going to do that. And if it means going on TV to promote ourselves, we're going to do that too".

I have nothing against them promoting themselves. I'm not one of those nutjob Pearl Jam "purists" that judge all their decisions at every turn. The only part that didn't sit well with me was "...If that means writing a song that sounds like a mainstream radio hit, we're going to do that.".

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• please!!! him talking about the war and Bush at every show...then enter Obama and NOTHING?!?! Obama is doing the same shit Bush was!!!! If i know this Ed must know it too!!!! yet he's "happy now"? fuck that!! he just put on blinders!! never thought i'd see the day! oh well.... :cry:

um, didn't you see the most recent posting on here that PJ joined in the campaign to close Gitmo? What do you call that?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • please!!! him talking about the war and Bush at every show...then enter Obama and NOTHING?!?! Obama is doing the same shit Bush was!!!! If i know this Ed must know it too!!!! yet he's "happy now"? fuck that!! he just put on blinders!! never thought i'd see the day! oh well.... :cry:

um, didn't you see the most recent posting on here that PJ joined in the campaign to close Gitmo? What do you call that?

you mean they are trying to have done what Obama promised to do, then didn't?...and why didn't Ed say anything at the shows about them supporting the Gitmo closing?...guess he'd rather be "high amongst the waves" than "make waves" now a days!........look......you have a Bono avatar so you are ther last person i expect to understand where i am coming from...(no diss intended)
  • I get where they are coming from, and don't forget the industry has changed so much since the days they could afford to "sabotage" their career and still get away with it. PJ are one of the lucky ones really, if they didn't become the touring mammoth they are today, they'd pretty much be screwed... and since you can't rely on record sales anymore, the best you can do is try to get the music out there to as many people as possible and hope to make yourself some new costumers fans.
    2009:* Berlin, Aug. 15 * Seattle WA, Sept. 21, 22 * Vancouver BC, Sept. 25 * Portland OR, Sept. 26 * Universal City CA, Oct. 6, 7 *

"See the waves on distant shores... awaiting your arrival"
  • Newch91 wrote:
    What was the reason we all came to love this band in the first place? The MUSIC! That's the reason I love this band. I don't know how many of you agree with me, but it's the music that made me love them. And they always perform great shows that we all love to talk about and share our experiences. Pearl Jam have always made music for them. Sorry if they can't make everyone happy. Maybe that's why they released No Code to test the audiences and find the true fans and that is us.

I'm sorry if Pearl Jam wants to be happy for once in their lives and not be pissed off. I'm also sorry that they want to have personal lives and have families to support and bills to pay. I didn't know that was against the rules of Pearl Jam. "The first rule of Pearl Jam is is to not be happy, have personal lives, have families to support, and bills to pay." Enough with the sell out bullshit.

How about all of you Obama haters leave him alone. It takes time. You just have to give him time. He's in a very tough spot in America's history and he has to fix (no pun intended) everything that Bush did wrong. Obama is not a magician and can magically make everything better.

hahahahaha...yeah, i'm sure they'd all starve if Backspacer doesn't sell well..LMAO!!!

and you don't seem to know much about what has been going on in the past year if you think Obama is trying to fix things!!
  • I just think that Mike said that because their old label, EPIC, wouldn't really promote any of their first singles or any new music on radio, so they made a song for radio to get back at them (EPIC), so they could say, "Hey, f.you, we don 't need you, we can promote ourselves, and still have a radio hit"....do i make sense??? lol
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    and i personally believe that ed and the band can all make that assertion as well. the fact that you, personally, feel they are not doing 'enough'....or perhaps wht you think they 'should' do...is on you, not them. once again, pj is true to themselves. i see them behind plenty of causes, even today. as ever, it's all perspective...

please!!! him talking about the war and Bush at every show...then enter Obama and NOTHING?!?! Obama is doing the same shit Bush was!!!! If i know this Ed must know it too!!!! yet he's "happy now"? fuck that!! he just put on blinders!! never thought i'd see the day! oh well.... :cry:[/quote]

dude, ed had toned down the war talk ever since 2005. once the VFC tour was a resounding failure, he quieted down. he didnt say anything about the war at either of the 06 shows i saw. i dont think he's basing it on the admin, i think he just got tired of talking about it to a crowd that either didnt care, or was already involved. let's face it, pj isnt picking up many new fans anymore.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    JaneNY wrote:
    I think its possible to over analyze. IMO the bottom line is - do you like the music? Do you love how it sounds and what it says in the song? If so, nothing else really matters. If you also like the stance of the band, its icing on the cake, but the bottom line is what is the music? I mean, do I agree with Ted Nugent's view of the world? No. But I like some of his songs. Do I agree with Radiohead's view of the world? More so, but I don't really like much of their music, though I respect their quality. Maybe its best sometimes to just pull back and focus on the aural experience and whether you like the music.

to some of us they were about more than just music...maybe not to you.

I think you misunderstood. My point is it is the music first. Would you really turn against a band even though you liked their music simply because they happened to do something you disagree with? There are quite a few on here who purport to be conservative (not me) who still like Pearl Jam despite their obviously liberal bent. Do you think conservatives should dislike Pearl Jam's music because they may not agree with all their political stances? I would rather welcome people from all points of view who are fellow Pearl Jam fans. Pearl Jam IS about the music. I am delighted that over the years they and I have agreed on many many things, and am delighted that they have used their existence to support good causes, but I am not going to turn against them just because they're doing some self promotion. I think their attitude is that they are going to do something when they want to do it, if they think its a good idea, not when some external force tells them to do it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008

nor am i.

ciao!

peace

sure you are. what were they doing in 94 that they arent doing now, other than not sabotaging their career via ticketmaster? i've listened to old boots, ed didnt talked much politics in the old days during shows. and they promote as many causes now as they ever did.
  • I think what Mike is trying to say is that, if they write a song that happens to work well on radio and be catchy, they will roll with it and maybe put it out. In the past it seems like they have almost sabotaged certain songs in order to lose that poppy feel, and others they just didn't release. Hence Eddie saying that most of Lost Dogs were 'radio whores' that they didn't want to put out. There is a big difference in writing a song that just so happens to be catchy and radio friendly. And sitting down with certain producers and setting out to make a radio hit. I don't think Pj would ever do the latter.
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • dude, ed had toned down the war talk ever since 2005. once the VFC tour was a resounding failure, he quieted down. he didnt say anything about the war at either of the 06 shows i saw. i dont think he's basing it on the admin, i think he just got tired of talking about it to a crowd that either didnt care, or was already involved. let's face it, pj isnt picking up many new fans anymore.

you make a good point there soulbrother...but he did sing no more at like every show..and all the shows i saw in '08 he had something to say about Bush & or the war....but not a peep this year!...but i feel what you are saying and there is def some truth there!
  • JaneNY wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:
    I think its possible to over analyze. IMO the bottom line is - do you like the music? Do you love how it sounds and what it says in the song? If so, nothing else really matters. If you also like the stance of the band, its icing on the cake, but the bottom line is what is the music? I mean, do I agree with Ted Nugent's view of the world? No. But I like some of his songs. Do I agree with Radiohead's view of the world? More so, but I don't really like much of their music, though I respect their quality. Maybe its best sometimes to just pull back and focus on the aural experience and whether you like the music.

to some of us they were about more than just music...maybe not to you.

I think you misunderstood. My point is it is the music first. Would you really turn against a band even though you liked their music simply because they happened to do something you disagree with? There are quite a few on here who purport to be conservative (not me) who still like Pearl Jam despite their obviously liberal bent. Do you think conservatives should dislike Pearl Jam's music because they may not agree with all their political stances? I would rather welcome people from all points of view who are fellow Pearl Jam fans. Pearl Jam IS about the music. I am delighted that over the years they and I have agreed on many many things, and am delighted that they have used their existence to support good causes, but I am not going to turn against them just because they're doing some self promotion. I think their attitude is that they are going to do something when they want to do it, if they think its a good idea, not when some external force tells them to do it.

exactly.
    classic pearl jam - true to their OWN ideals...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

dude, ed had toned down the war talk ever since 2005. once the VFC tour was a resounding failure, he quieted down. he didnt say anything about the war at either of the 06 shows i saw. i dont think he's basing it on the admin, i think he just got tired of talking about it to a crowd that either didnt care, or was already involved. let's face it, pj isnt picking up many new fans anymore.

you make a good point there soulbrother...but he did sing no more at like every show..and all the shows i saw in '08 he had something to say about Bush & or the war....but not a peep this year!...but i feel what you are saying and there is def some truth there!

im definitely grateful they stopped playing that song, it's so bad.

maybe it comes and goes in waves. but i dont think anyone can say they dont care anymore. sometimes they're more vocal onstage, sometimes less. it's always been that way. he went on mtv and wrote pro-choice on his arm, but you listen to any boots of the shows they did around the same time, 90% of them have no political comment whatsoever. they do a good job of speaking out when it's needed and of directing their energy into smarter directions when it's not. running around the country saying 'dont vote bush' didnt work for them and alienated people. it was ineffective, as most stage preaching is. so now they've opted to do things like post food inc and the gitmo thing on their website. they're changing, and constantly trying to find new ways to balance their politics and their art. overall, i'd say they've been pretty successful at it.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    I agree with the OP...

I understand having to promote the music and such. But the quote, to me, suggests that they are willing to sacrifice even a little of their creativity to satisfy a general public.

And come on... they're on their own, yes.

but are they really hurtin' for money? I know it costs a LOT of money to put on a tour and such... but their passed tours must have been able to allow them a lot of space to do other things.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • B-RyeB-Rye Posts: 130

I don't know if this sentiment has been echoed already or not (I'm fully admitting my laziness with reading the full 6 pages of responses - I'm at work) but I feel like what was meant with the quote would be that they WON'T filter themselves. I'm sure I've heard previous interviews before where they said they sabatoged any song that they thought sounded too "mainstream". I take it this just means they won't go out of their way to stop a song from sounding radio friendly. I think I'd like this. Not that I want radio friendly songs, I just think it sounds better when the songs are organic. I think for the most part that's what they've always done with the exception of a few odd songs they included in records (and a few "radio" songs they decided to shelve)
  • Parksy wrote:
    I understand having to promote the music and such. But the quote, to me, suggests that they are willing to sacrifice even a little of their creativity to satisfy a general public.

Not really though. It may be the selection process on which songs to release as singles...I can concede that.

Save You would have been a better Mainstream Rock Format single than I Am Mine. They didn't want to go that route.

I don't think they are sacrificing creativity, they are just marketing themselves better.

Regardless of their motives, I think they just want their music to be heard. And, as a musician, isn't that really the point?

Do I agree with all they do? No. But, then again, it's not my band.

I am free to form the PissBottledMen™, play shows at venues where the capacity is 300 people, sell home-made copies of my CD, beg my local rock radio program director to play my song at 2:30am on a Tuesday (which he probably won't do anyway) and drive from town to town in my 1976 Chevette.

But, in the end, if I have written a powerful song that might inspire and motivate others...I want it to be heard. How it's delivered is up to the artist.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Parksy wrote:

Not really though. It may be the selection process on which songs to release as singles...I can concede that.

Save You would have been a better Mainstream Rock Format single than I Am Mine. They didn't want to go that route.

I don't think they are sacrificing creativity, they are just marketing themselves better.

Regardless of their motives, I think they just want their music to be heard. And, as a musician, isn't that really the point?

Do I agree with all they do? No. But, then again, it's not my band.

I am free to form the PissBottledMen™, play shows at venues where the capacity is 300 people, sell home-made copies of my CD, beg my local rock radio program director to play my song at 2:30am on a Tuesday (which he probably won't do anyway) and drive from town to town in my 1976 Chevette.

But, in the end, if I have written a powerful song that might inspire and motivate others...I want it to be heard. How it's delivered is up to the artist.

PBM

seriously PBM, bizarro day it is i guess. ;)
    well said.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• funny because i think even if they do radio friendly songs, my station STILL won't play them.
    they never play new pj for very long.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• im definitely grateful they stopped playing that song, it's so bad.

maybe it comes and goes in waves. but i dont think anyone can say they dont care anymore. sometimes they're more vocal onstage, sometimes less. it's always been that way. he went on mtv and wrote pro-choice on his arm, but you listen to any boots of the shows they did around the same time, 90% of them have no political comment whatsoever. they do a good job of speaking out when it's needed and of directing their energy into smarter directions when it's not. running around the country saying 'dont vote bush' didnt work for them and alienated people. it was ineffective, as most stage preaching is. so now they've opted to do things like post food inc and the gitmo thing on their website. they're changing, and constantly trying to find new ways to balance their politics and their art. overall, i'd say they've been pretty successful at it.

we def don't see eye to eye on a lot of your "points"

1 i liked No More..it was a good anti-war song for our modern age and something severely lacking in modern music!! you look at the Vietnam era of rock n roll and there were a lot of bands who spoke out against the war..now a days you can count them on one hand! and one of those fingers used to be Pearl Jam.

2 i don't see it as "stage preaching"...there are a lot of people out there caught up in there own little world and can't/don't see what's going on in this one!! Ed reaches a lot of ears, and if only a few of the many really listen...it can change things...activism is always better than apathy!

but now Ed seems to be just another sheep caught up in the wolf's scam..never thought i'd see it!...but from a few recent interviews and shit i heard him say in Philly about us having a good president made me realize he is fucking clueless right now! and that shit breaks my heart! i wish i could just get him in a room and talk to him about it...see where his mind is really at....just as 2 patriotic men...not as fan and rock star...i know his heart is always in the right place, even if his mind isn't.
  • im definitely grateful they stopped playing that song, it's so bad.

we def don't see eye to eye on a lot of your "points"

1 i liked No More..it was a good anti-war song for our modern age and something severely lacking in modern music!! you look at the Vietnam era of rock n roll and there were a lot of bands who spoke out against the war..now a days you can count them on one hand! and one of those fingers used to be Pearl Jam.

2 i don't see it as "stage preaching"...there are a lot of people out there caught up in there own little world and can't/don't see what's going on in this one!! Ed reaches a lot of ears, and if only a few of the many really listen...it can change things...activism is always better than apathy!

but now Ed seems to be just another sheep caught up in the wolf's scam..never thought i'd see it!...but from a few recent interviews and shit i heard him say in Philly about us having a good president made me realize he is fucking clueless right now! and that shit breaks my heart! i wish i could just get him in a room and talk to him about it...see where his mind is really at....just as 2 patriotic men...not as fan and rock star...i know his heart is always in the right place, even if his mind isn't.

eddie actually said we have a good president eh ? thats amazing being that obama is no better than bush and as it stands now he is running the country into the ground.... now i know he was given a bad hand but you can only blamb bush for so much. President's are nothing but pawns any way...who the hell is behind the curtain ?? i have not a clue. The Fed ?

to get back to what i really wanted to reply to. I'm so thankful that all that anti war talk and bush bashing bs is done...it was hard to enjoy concerts hearing eddie ranting and raving for 5-10 min at a time. people will make up their own mind about the war and our president.... oh well . Pearl jam rocks so that all that matters
  • I agree with everyone who says this is no big deal. It is their music, careers and choices. The target commercial was unexpected, but I'm glad they're promoting themselves and their new music. It will open many people young and "old" up to their music. I was actually surprised at how well the new music was received by the crowds in philly on the 28th, 30th, and 31st. No surprise that everyone knew every word to every song from 10, but the majority knew most of the words to the new songs. Not bad for such a new CD. I think that either speaks alot about the music or the marketing one, either way it's working. Even "former fans" have called me to tell me how much the enjoyed the new CD, another credit to the music and the marketing.

PS.... Thanks to the guys for making the philly shows so special. I have no ties to the area or the building just as you guys as well, but I do appreciate the history and your dedication making the closing shows something special. Devo was great, and you were right we didn't need those other people who do actually have "connections" to the area. :twisted:
    All that's sacred comes from youth
  • look......you have a Bono avatar so you are ther last person i expect to understand where i am coming from...(no diss intended)

ONCE AND FOR ALL. MY AVATAR IS NOT BONO. IT'S HUGH DILLON FROM THE HEADSTONES. GET IT?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

hahahahaha...yeah, i'm sure they'd all starve if Backspacer doesn't sell well..LMAO!!!

and you don't seem to know much about what has been going on in the past year if you think Obama is trying to fix things!!

haha yeah. it's just that i'm tired of hearing people complain about them, especially about them selling out. i don't know if people realize that the band members have families to support.

just give Obama time...that's all.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • I'm so thankful that all that anti war talk and bush bashing bs is done...it was hard to enjoy concerts hearing eddie ranting and raving for 5-10 min at a time.

this is one thing I actually enjoyed. I'm Canadian, but listening to Ed talk about something he was so passionate about actualy made people think, whether they agreed with him or not.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014