in regards to fan club member who lost membership

RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
edited December 2009 in The Porch
You made a huge mistake by trying 2 sell tickets above face value. However, people sell posters and vinlys for ten times more than face value. The ten club should put a stop 2 this problem. For example, someone buys a vinyl from the ten club and sells it for 250 bucks. That is like 8 times more than face value fpr a thirty dollar item. However, the ten club allows that. I guess they think it is acceptable Ten club members also sell posters like 5 times more than face value. Ten club, you have play a fair game and treat and every member fairly. Lets start going after the vinyl and poster sellers which are mostly ten club members. i bought a kenyon hall poster for 200 bucks bc of the problem that I stated explicitly. Please, let just be fair and look for the real villians. They are the people who overcharge for vinyls and posters Thank you, ten club.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    this has been the hypocrisy of Ten Club and most of it's members for years. I agree though. The posters clearly say not for resale, yet members sell them for over $25 daily on this board and 10c doesn't seemed bothered by it.
  • RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    Selling Some Vinyl & Posters
    by B-Rye » 03 Nov 2009 16:28 This is ludacris. 250 for a vinyl.

Hey guys,

I have some items that are just sitting around so I thought I would see if anybody here would want them. I haven't done much price research (just a brief poll from ebay) so I'm not sure of the value, so I will edit this post as neccesary to adjust the asking price. Let me know, PM me, if my prices are way off. I'm not looking to gouge anybody, just looking to get close to what the market value is. Don't be afraid to send me offers.

I'm also in Canada so shipping costs are not included and will be negotiated as needed.

Into the Wild (with the additional vinyl insert, and played once) - $250
    Eddie Vedder Batman Poster - $50
    Eddie Vedder Evil Kinevil (Summer 09) - $50 This is absurd.
    Eddie Vedder East Coast 08 Klausen (Blue) - $50
    Ten Super Delux (Opened, CD's unplayed, DVD Watched, Cassette unplayed, Vinyl Unplayed) - $180
    B-Rye

• How can 10C know where someone got their poster or vinyl from? Lots of times it is not through the club.
    thunderDAN wrote:
    this has been the hypocrisy of Ten Club and most of it's members for years. I agree though. The posters clearly say not for resale, yet members sell them for over $25 daily on this board and 10c doesn't seemed bothered by it.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    RC153010 wrote:

Hey guys,

I have some items that are just sitting around so I thought I would see if anybody here would want them. I haven't done much price research (just a brief poll from ebay) so I'm not sure of the value, so I will edit this post as neccesary to adjust the asking price. Let me know, PM me, if my prices are way off. I'm not looking to gouge anybody, just looking to get close to what the market value is. Don't be afraid to send me offers.

I'm also in Canada so shipping costs are not included and will be negotiated as needed.

Ten Super Delux (Opened, CD's unplayed, DVD Watched, Cassette unplayed, Vinyl Unplayed) - $180
    B-Rye

The only thing that seems possibly out of line is the Into the Wild vinyl... all the rest seem to be at a reasonable and fair price.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • RC153010 wrote:
    You made a huge mistake by trying 2 sell tickets above face value. However, people sell posters and vinlys for ten times more than face value. The ten club should put a stop 2 this problem. For example, someone buys a vinyl from the ten club and sells it for 250 bucks. That is like 8 times more than face value fpr a thirty dollar item. However, the ten club allows that. I guess they think it is acceptable Ten club members also sell posters like 5 times more than face value. Ten club, you have play a fair game and treat and every member fairly. Lets start going after the vinyl and poster sellers which are mostly ten club members. i bought a kenyon hall poster for 200 bucks bc of the problem that I stated explicitly. Please, let just be fair and look for the real villians. They are the people who overcharge for vinyls and posters Thank you, ten club.
    How much were you selling the tickets for?
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    edited November 2009
    I was not selling tickets. However, someone was selling them for 200bucks for one tickets I think. i saw their post on this forum.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    chromiam wrote:
    RC153010 wrote:

Hey guys,

B-Rye

The only thing that seems possibly out of line is the Into the Wild vinyl... all the rest seem to be at a reasonable and fair price.

nope, its right on.

I'm all for reprints and making stuff available for everybody, but when it's not, there's no need for endless bitching.

Shouldn't we be used to the fact that alotta merch is very limited?
  • How can 10C know where someone got their poster or vinyl from? Lots of times it is not through the club.

the solution is this: if you're going to use this forum as an arena to sell your goods, no matter what it is, don't mark the price up from what the 10C originally sold it for. that shouldn't be too hard for the mods to check on, and shouldn't be too difficult for users to follow.

pretend you're selling a few mike picks you got at a show: name your price and good luck.

pretend you're trying to sell 10C tickets for $200 each: thread locked, consequences, etc.

here's the kicker tho, which people won't like...

pretend you're selling a poster for $250 that you bought off ebay for $200, but the ten club once sold it here for $30: thread locked, consequences, etc.

the scenarios presented here are purely fictitious. any resemblance to any persons living or dead is purely coincidental. no animals were harmed in the creation of this post.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    aren't the rules about tickets to stop scalpers from joining 10C just to make money on the tickets?
    and also for the stuff to sell you are talking about- they go up in value as they age- become more rare so to speak so selling them then above value would be ok or no?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    How can 10C know where someone got their poster or vinyl from? Lots of times it is not through the club.

the solution is this: if you're going to use this forum as an arena to sell your goods, no matter what it is, don't mark the price up from what the 10C originally sold it for. that shouldn't be too hard for the mods to check on, and shouldn't be too difficult for users to follow.

pretend you're selling a few mike picks you got at a show: name your price and good luck.

pretend you're trying to sell 10C tickets for $200 each: thread locked, consequences, etc.

here's the kicker tho, which people won't like...

pretend you're selling a poster for $250 that you bought off ebay for $200, but the ten club once sold it here for $30: thread locked, consequences, etc.

the scenarios presented here are purely fictitious. any resemblance to any persons living or dead is purely coincidental. no animals were harmed in the creation of this post.

FUCKING STUPID..... not the poster, just the post
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    I believe there is a difference between flipping an item and passing on memorabilia. Flipping is not ok so if you think someone is flipping, just report it. Collecting memorabilia is something entirely different and it's always buyer beware. If a seller has named a high price and it's not worth it to you, don't buy it. Scalping tix is not ok either. Hope this helps.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    How can 10C know where someone got their poster or vinyl from? Lots of times it is not through the club.
    thunderDAN wrote:

2 wrongs doesn't make a right. The posters are not to be resold, doesn't matter if you bought it on ebay, or e-beans. It shouldn't be re sold
  • RC153010 wrote:

The difference is this... the 10-C distributes its tickets this way in order to curb scalping. That is the primarly and only reason they distribute tickets this way. They believe anyone should get to see Pearl Jam play for a decent price.

They have a very different view on this kind of merchandise. They want it to be a collectors item and that is why they print/press limited copies. They could make more money if they just sold every poster/vynl off of this website indefinitely. Why would you pay up on ebay? You wouldn't. But then, the merchandise would have no collectors value and obviously they like their products to have a high demand.

It obviously worked on you... I'm an adult. I wouldn't pay $25 bucks for a poster and you paid $200.
  • there you go! Thanks Kat!
    Kat wrote:
    I believe there is a difference between flipping an item and passing on memorabilia. Flipping is not ok so if you think someone is flipping, just report it. Collecting memorabilia is something entirely different and it's always buyer beware. If a seller has named a high price and it's not worth it to you, don't buy it. Scalping tix is not ok either. Hope this helps.
    there you go! Thanks Kat!
    Kat wrote:

it doesn't explain anything really. Basically just tells me that if I want to flip a poster all I have to do is to wait a month or 2 and then I can resell it on here for whatever price I want. Whether you flip the day after or a year later, it's still flipping.

And the guy who got busted scalping used the same story all poster flippers use on here that seems to pass every time... I lost my job...yada yada...I have no money..yada yada... same stories every time
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    thunderDAN wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:

2 wrongs doesn't make a right. The posters are not to be resold, doesn't matter if you bought it on ebay, or e-beans. It shouldn't be re sold

what if you buy a poster at a show?? Nowhere does it say in the Venue or on the Poster that they are not for resale.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • RC153010 wrote:

The difference is scalping tickets is illegal but selling things that are yours for more than you bought them is not.

Duh.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
    yoke wrote:

what if you buy a poster at a show?? Nowhere does it say in the Venue or on the Poster that they are not for resale.

I can't argue that. All I'm saying is it is lame to buy shit at shows just to turn around and try to make $50. Like people have no money and lives that they have to buy up all the stuff others might want just so they can profit from it. You know these people, they buy up all the shirts and posters so that people who actually want the shirt have to turn to ebay and spend $200 on something just because they have a life and can't camp outside the venue all night and get in the second the show starts. They do all this work for a measly $50 or $75 if they try really hard. If they put that kind of effort into being productive in their lives $50 wouldn't be a huge deal.
  • theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    edited November 2009
    The answer is that when you buy the tickets through 10C you agree not to scalp them. This is not the case with posters or vinyl. That is the way it is whether you agree with the policy or not.

And for the record, I can't stand people who buy up all the merch at shows just to resell them. But if it is someone who has a poster or vinyl they bought to keep and they eventually sell, that doesn't bother me a bit.

thunderDAN wrote:
    Kat wrote:

it doesn't explain anything really. Basically just tells me that if I want to flip a poster all I have to do is to wait a month or 2 and then I can resell it on here for whatever price I want. Whether you flip the day after or a year later, it's still flipping.

And the guy who got busted scalping used the same story all poster flippers use on here that seems to pass every time... I lost my job...yada yada...I have no money..yada yada... same stories every time
    Post edited by theboxerorthebag on
  • in the end it comes down to why one collects or buys tickets:

1. to have stuff from a band they like and to cherish it (or to watch them play)
    2. to resell just to make a profit

i personally don't agree with #2, whether it's a ticket or a pearl jam water bottle, and as kat said this forum is "buyer beware". i personally wouldn't pay hardly any of the prices some people ask for on this forum, and i wouldn't deal outside of a secure payment exchange system.
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    how could getting a privilege like concert tickets .. add up to the vinyl i bought from a store .. your talking about two lp's from the ten club that has went to the roof.. and i think they should have both limited numbers and there hott items .. get a grip man !!
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    thunderDAN wrote:
    yoke wrote:

I can't argue that. All I'm saying is it is lame to buy shit at shows just to turn around and try to make $50. Like people have no money and lives that they have to buy up all the stuff others might want just so they can profit from it. You know these people, they buy up all the shirts and posters so that people who actually want the shirt have to turn to ebay and spend $200 on something just because they have a life and can't camp outside the venue all night and get in the second the show starts

I agree and I know what you are saying.. I have paid to much for some stuff online but that is because I wanted it. Now can I resell some of that stuff for what I paid? Probably not, everything I buy sucks apparently. Live and learn I guess, at least this tour I didn't have to get in the Venue early to get 1 poster or a wristband. I like that they printed a ton and I can only assume will offer them up on here for sale one day.

With all that said anyone want to buy some posters? 8-)
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    yoke wrote:

I can't argue that. All I'm saying is it is lame to buy shit at shows just to turn around and try to make $50. Like people have no money and lives that they have to buy up all the stuff others might want just so they can profit from it. You know these people, they buy up all the shirts and posters so that people who actually want the shirt have to turn to ebay and spend $200 on something just because they have a life and can't camp outside the venue all night and get in the second the show starts. They do all this work for a measly $50 or $75 if they try really hard. If they put that kind of effort into being productive in their lives $50 wouldn't be a huge deal.

It's funny that you say the smart guy who is making money has no life while the smuck who is blowing all his cash on stupid shit has it all together. News flash... if freaks wouldn't pay all that money in the first place... there would be no market. I don't blame the businessmen. I blame the freaks. The super fans. It's their fault. Of course a normal person is going to take advantage of people who will pay what ever it takes to get some worthless item because its a "colectible". I'm not a flipper. I would never even buy a poster for myself at a show. The thing would be toast by the end of the night anyway. I'm not there to babysit some POS poster.
    i do not think scalping is illgeal anymore. i believe you can sell a ticket for whatever you want. I think the law was just passed. However, I am not sure.
    RC153010 wrote:
    i do not think scalping is illgeal anymore. i believe you can sell a ticket for whatever you want. I think the law was just passed. However, I am not sure.

It's not legal here and links to scalpers are removed. Face value tickets ONLY.

Thanks.
  • RC153010 wrote:
    This is ludacris. 250 for a vinyl.

That's how much it's worth, whether you think it's fair or not. That's what happens when the 10Club only makes 1,000 copies of something there is a high demand for.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Kat wrote:

I would have to say it depends on the scenario really. I think if you come here the day after the show and ask $200 for something you paid $30 for, you may be considered a flipper... I also think reputation(right wrong or indifferent) has a bit to do with it. You have been here long enough, that if I saw you were selling something REAGARDLESS of the price, if it was something that interested me, I would prob inquire and maybe buy it. Maybe you are in need of dough, or simply flipping...I would never ask because it is you. I would expect the same if I were to do something with my collection here. Maybe I am a bit naive to think this, but I dont think anyone would accuse me of flipping.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    RC153010 wrote:

Does it vary from state to state? If it were illegal you wouldn't have ticket brokers and agencies selling tickets for waaay above face. I've also seen individuals outside venues selling obviously scalping tickets and police not doing anything about it.

Either way it doesn't matter whether its legal or not, because as Kat said, selling 10C tickets above face value is a violation of the terms of membership. Selling other merch above face value (unless you're an obvious flipper) is not.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • i will never understand these posts....apples and oranges.

a ticket to a concert has a finite period of time for *value*...as in, once the show has passed, the ticket is pretty worthless. a vinyl or a poster may well increase in value exponentially, over time...or it might not. that is the art market. honestly, it is ANY collectible market. 10c canNOT control after market sales of goods. people buy vinyl in stores, people buy posters at concerts....MANY of these people are not 10c members, etc...so there is just no way 10c could police the market, and quite frankly, no reason they should.

bottomline, 10c tickets are available ONLY to 10c members and it is stipulated before joining that you may not resell above face value, and again...it is easy enough to keep track of 10c tix b/c once the show is here, it's done. and even WITH all that, i am sure there are some 10c members who do manage to sell their 10c tix above face, probably will always happen to some small degree...but i think the 'incentive' forthe bulk of us is simply, you want to continue in the club and we want to continue to get 10c tix.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

DS114969 wrote:
    RC153010 wrote:

Does it vary from state to state? If it were illegal you wouldn't have ticket brokers and agencies selling tickets for waaay above face. I've also seen individuals outside venues selling obviously scalping tickets and police not doing anything about it.

Either way it doesn't matter whether its legal or not, because as Kat said, selling 10C tickets above face value is a violation of the terms of membership. Selling other merch above face value (unless you're an obvious flipper) is not.

It's not only 10c tickets here...selling any tickets above face value is not ok. See Posting Guidelines above. :wave: