Selling Some Vinyl & Posters

B-RyeB-Rye Posts: 130
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Hey guys,

I have some items that are just sitting around so I thought I would see if anybody here would want them. I haven't done much price research (just a brief poll from ebay) so I'm not sure of the value, so I will edit this post as neccesary to adjust the asking price. Let me know, PM me, if my prices are way off. I'm not looking to gouge anybody, just looking to get close to what the market value is. Don't be afraid to send me offers.

I'm also in Canada so shipping costs are not included and will be negotiated as needed.

Into the Wild (with the additional vinyl insert, and played once) - $250
Eddie Vedder Batman Poster - $50
Eddie Vedder Evil Kinevil (Summer 09) - $50
Eddie Vedder East Coast 08 Klausen (Blue) - $50
Ten Super Delux (Opened, CD's unplayed, DVD Watched, Cassette unplayed, Vinyl Unplayed) - $180
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• B-RyeB-Rye Posts: 130
    anyone?
  • I really dont understand where people get off trying to sell ITW vinyl for $250+! Thats insane! Rape actually! I that is the only piece of vinyl besides lost dogs that I would LOVE to have and cherish it for a life time. I wasnt fortunate to get such rare pieces of heaven and cannot justify spending the absurd amounts that people want for them. If its going to a true fan and coming from a true fan- why look to make a profit?
    I'm sorry you see it that way. I don't want to start a debate here, I understand the sentiment though.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I really dont understand where people get off trying to sell ITW vinyl for $250+! Thats insane! Rape actually! I that is the only piece of vinyl besides lost dogs that I would LOVE to have and cherish it for a life time. I wasnt fortunate to get such rare pieces of heaven and cannot justify spending the absurd amounts that people want for them. If its going to a true fan and coming from a true fan- why look to make a profit?

$250 is fair price. not insane at all.

looks like true fan price to me
  • DewieCox wrote:
    I really dont understand where people get off trying to sell ITW vinyl for $250+! Thats insane! Rape actually! I that is the only piece of vinyl besides lost dogs that I would LOVE to have and cherish it for a life time. I wasnt fortunate to get such rare pieces of heaven and cannot justify spending the absurd amounts that people want for them. If its going to a true fan and coming from a true fan- why look to make a profit?

$250 shipped is close to a fair price, not "Rape" by any stretch...
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    DewieCox wrote:

$250 shipped is close to a fair price, not "Rape" by any stretch...

It all depends on how you look at it. If I were to ever part with mine, ( no way that I would ) I would never be able to justify asking that much for it. no matter what the "fair market price" is.

I really wish they would do another , larger run on this one so others can get in on it. I don't care one bit if it makes mine "worth less".
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    btw, I'm not coming down on the OP/seller here at all in my above post. I just would not be able to ask that much for it.

it's just how you feel about it, and one way or the other is not right or wrong.

just my 2 pennies.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • $250 is fair price. not insane at all.

looks like true fan price to me[/quote]

$250 shipped is close to a fair price, not "Rape" by any stretch...[/quote]

It all depends on how you look at it. If I were to ever part with mine, ( no way that I would ) I would never be able to justify asking that much for it. no matter what the "fair market price" is.

I really wish they would do another , larger run on this one so others can get in on it. I don't care one bit if it makes mine "worth less".[/quote]

My thoughts EXACTLY! I feel like if someone only played it once and is now looking to get rid of it, never truely was/would have been appreciated it. I too am not wanting to make it into a debate. Just my thoughts and opinions. I know many people that went able to get their hands on something so great. That movie and music seriously affected my life to no end- Cheesy I know!!!

Its the same thing for autographed things or rare items. Why work so hard to get something and then try to make a profit on it. In Philly, there were limited amounts of a certain t-shirt for 1 night. I was one of the first few in line that night and could have easily bought a shit ton and turned around to try so sell them on ebay. But why do that?
    No worries, everybody is entitled to their own opinions, I'm just asking for what people are willing to pay. I have a point where it wouldn't be worth it to me to sell it (and it's not that I don't appretiate it, there are other factors...mainly I listen to music much more on the go than at home, and even at home, my vinyl set up isn't all that great so I tend to listen to ITW on CD or on my iPod).

If the opposite were true, ie. Market value was less than what you paid for it and what it was worth to you, would you insist on selling it for what you paid? Either way somebody is profiting, that's the nature of almost any transaction. Most times both parties profit.
    My thoughts EXACTLY! I feel like if someone only played it once and is now looking to get rid of it, never truely was/would have been appreciated it. I too am not wanting to make it into a debate. Just my thoughts and opinions. I know many people that went able to get their hands on something so great. That movie and music seriously affected my life to no end- Cheesy I know!!!

Its the same thing for autographed things or rare items. Why work so hard to get something and then try to make a profit on it. In Philly, there were limited amounts of a certain t-shirt for 1 night. I was one of the first few in line that night and could have easily bought a shit ton and turned around to try so sell them on ebay. But why do that?

That's not what you displayed in your first post.
  • RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    Someone lost their membership for selling fan club tickets for 200 bucks. However, you can sell a thirty dollar item for 250 bucks. The ten club needs to something about this. This is ludacris, eight times the value
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    I will trade you my Dusseldorf poster for your ITW vinyl. I live in Canada and will pay the shipping cost as well
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • B-Rye wrote:
    I'm sorry you see it that way. I don't want to start a debate here, I understand the sentiment though.

There isn't a person here that doesn't feel that way. The record is barely a half hour long and if you count only original songs it's barely 20 minutes long. That is highway robbery my friend and if anyone buys that they should be committed into an insane asylum.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • arqarq Posts: 8,013
    ...That is highway robbery...

:shock:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    I'm sorry, looking at past ebay auctions, etc, people are willing to consistently pay more than $250 for ITW (and some posters backed that up). So you're saying it's highway robbery because it only cost $35 (I paid $60 after shipping btw). Guess what? things appretiate. Do you tell your real estate agent that you're only going to pay the orginal value a 50 year old mansion? More over, if you own it, do you only ask what you paid for it 50 years ago? That is what is ludacris, my friend.
    B-Rye wrote:
    I'm sorry, looking at past ebay auctions, etc, people are willing to consistently pay more than $250 for ITW (and some posters backed that up). So you're saying it's highway robbery because it only cost $35 (I paid $60 after shipping btw). Guess what? things appretiate. Do you tell your real estate agent that you're only going to pay the orginal value a 50 year old mansion? More over, if you own it, do you only ask what you paid for it 50 years ago? That is what is ludacris, my friend.

I'd just put it on ebay, since you're not a real fan. :arrow:

If ITW was worth $2 would people pay you $35 for it? Don't think so.
    DewieCox wrote:
    B-Rye wrote:

I'd just put it on ebay, since you're not a real fan. :arrow:

If ITW was worth $2 would people pay you $35 for it? Don't think so.

That's exactly what I'm saying. It only works when it's favourable. I agree that I wouldn't be a real fan if I bought it with the intention of flipping it, but I bought it without the intention of ever parting with it. And I'm doing so now with the intention of buying it again in the future (whatever the market value is) when I get a decent system set up and I'm not moving every year.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    I'll chime in here as well then..

Obviously there are two sides of this debate here. (And for those who did not want it to be a debate... that idea is gone)

When discussing the "value" of the item. Some people on here are suggesting that the "value" of the item is $35. Which was the "price" of the item. The "value" of the item is determined by many other things. One of those things, and more often the most important thing is demand. Where supply is low and demand is high, value goes up. If people are willing to pay $$$ for something, that should determine the value.

Then there is the whole "true fan" discussion. It's easy to suggest someone is not a true fan for selling an item higher than face value. But really, I think the situation should be taken into context. If someone has something of value, and requires the money, I don't think we should take anything away from that person being a "true fan". We are unaware of the persons need for money, so who are we to judge.

If the vinyl was purchased for $35 on Monday, and then turned on Tuesday and sold for $250... that would be the equivalent of someone purely purchasing the item for profit.

Considering that this person did not do that, stands to reason that his intention when he first purchased the item, was not to re-sell it.

It would be dignified to re-sell the item for what he paid, but not necessarily smart if he does in fact require the funds.

Basically, if the market is there... we shouldn't put the full blame on the seller. The market, and what caused the market should partially be blamed as well.

If Pearl Jam or the Ten Club wanted to avoid this, they would supply more.

If their intention was to create something rare and of value that is precious to people because how little were created, they succeeded. But those items will always have a price on it. Look at Benaroya. An item that somehow shows up on Ebay periodically... and goes for $500+. If someone sold it for $20 because they're a "true fan", you would have "true fans" calling him crazy at the same time.

It's all how you look at it. :)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
    Parksy wrote:

Obviously there are two sides of this debate here. (And for those who did not want it to be a debate... that idea is gone)

When discussing the "value" of the item. Some people on here are suggesting that the "value" of the item is $35. Which was the "price" of the item. The "value" of the item is determined by many other things. One of those things, and more often the most important thing is demand. Where supply is low and demand is high, value goes up. If people are willing to pay $$$ for something, that should determine the value.

Then there is the whole "true fan" discussion. It's easy to suggest someone is not a true fan for selling an item higher than face value. But really, I think the situation should be taken into context. If someone has something of value, and requires the money, I don't think we should take anything away from that person being a "true fan". We are unaware of the persons need for money, so who are we to judge.

If the vinyl was purchased for $35 on Monday, and then turned on Tuesday and sold for $250... that would be the equivalent of someone purely purchasing the item for profit.

Considering that this person did not do that, stands to reason that his intention when he first purchased the item, was not to re-sell it.

It would be dignified to re-sell the item for what he paid, but not necessarily smart if he does in fact require the funds.

Basically, if the market is there... we shouldn't put the full blame on the seller. The market, and what caused the market should partially be blamed as well.

If their intention was to create something rare and of value that is precious to people because how little were created, they succeeded. But those items will always have a price on it. Look at Benaroya. An item that somehow shows up on Ebay periodically... and goes for $500+. If someone sold it for $20 because they're a "true fan", you would have "true fans" calling him crazy at the same time.

couldn't agree more :mrgreen:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Parksy wrote:

Not me, I would think it was one of the coolest things ever if someone sold someone ( anyone, not just me ) a Benny Hall for even $100 .

as I said before, I'm not faulting the seller at all. I just would not feel right about it. But hey, If someone is willing to buy it for the price, so be it.

I guess more than anything what chaps my ass about the ITW thing is that my 15 year old nephew paid for one, and then didnt get it becuase it "oversold".
    I even tried to give him mine, but my sister was not having that.
    So I have seen first hand how that whole deal went down and how it bummed a lot of people out.
    So with that being said, all this time someone could have been enjoying the hell out of the record ( thats what its made for ) but here someone has it, spent $60 bucks on it total, but now wants $250 for it. all the while a young kid now 17, who actually paid for one only to have it not happen is still combing the internet every other day looking for a copy of this still at a decent price.

but whatever. Like I said earlier, there is no right or wrong here. It just all depends on the person and how they look at it.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    That pretty much sums it up. There is a difference between value and price. There is also a difference between accounting profits and economic profits. Economic profits mostly determin if transactions take place. In normal cases, transactions will only occur if both parties benifit econoimically. If my willingness to accept (the lowest I'd sell it for) is lower than another person's willingness to pay (the most they would pay for it), there is a possibility for an exchange and we both profit. I'd profit because I'd get more (even if it's $.01) than I was willing to accept, and they would profit since they would get it for less than they were willing to pay.

Where this starts to get nasty is when people are taken advantage of. I don't think this is the case since there is no coersion and no abuse of power or information. This typically happens when people withold or hoarde resources such as gas, food, housing, etc to artificially drive up the price and profit more. In this case only one side economically profits.

But honestly, this is a vinyl record. It's not like the music isn't out there. The CD and MP3's are readily available.
    B-Rye wrote:
    But honestly, this is a vinyl record. It's not like the music isn't out there. The CD and MP3's are readily available.

Exactly! The LP is a collectible item, the music is available in other formats, so if someone wants the vinyl so really bad is because he/she recognice how special it is.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I think what it boils down to is if you want it, you want it for the original price in 2007. If you have it, you want to get fair market value for it. I don't blame the OP for asking his price. Fuck, Pearl Jam now charges $80 for a ticket on their tour when 15 years ago it was $25. No one seems to bitch about that. People spent over $600 to see all 4 Philly shows without batting an eye yet when a very desirable record to PJ fans is up for sale, they refuse to consider paying a cent more than it was when it came out almost 2 years ago. The more time passes, the more $$$ this will fetch. So the people who are holding off waiting for the $35 special to pop up can keep dreaming. In 10 years, $250 will look like a bargain.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    when you buy a car and pay $30,000 fpr it ...drive it for 15 years put 100,000 miles on it ..... you then put it up fr sale and ask $30,000 I DIDNT THINK SO ...now take that same car put it in a "frame" never use it , sit in it. etc etc etc...its still worth $30,000 IF NOT MORE TO A COLLECTOR .....you know what the key word there was ... COLLECTOR ..... you guys need to stop this whole TRUE FAN THING...its bullshit... EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING has a price ...even a persons life....if we are willing to pay for it its ours .... people just get pissed cause they want it and cant afford it....

its has been a very very rough few months on this board ...people yelling at each other over the dumbest shit....we all need to take a chill pill sit back and listen to the music... not freak out cause johnny over there is not sharing or katie over hear is selling something to more then likely PAY HER BILLS!!!!!!!!!!

FYI:
    for the record if i had the money i would buy the ITW lp and put it up on EBAY the second i got it.cause god knows i can sell it for at least $350-400 ....why you ask cause i already have 4 of them and need MONEY TO PAY MY BILLS.... i got one framed ,i got one im GIVING as a gift and two i play... and let me guess your going to call me a bad fan.....
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    SO to the OP... more power to you.... im sure you will sell it in a heart beat ....its a great price and you ARE BEING A "TRUE FAN" BY OFFERING IT to us first.......
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    c'mon people
    he offered it up here at a close to fair market price

Im all for sharing the love and making other people happy

but dont begrudge the guy for trying to make a few bucks off something that is clearly valuable-really, it wasnt that hard to get when it came out

and by the way my ITW and Benny are available for $1,000.00 in spanish gold coins :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    Still have the Evil Knieval Poster?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Why doesn't everyone mind their own fucking business. The stuff is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    Still have the Evil Kinevil Poster, but the Klausen blue one and the ITW Vinyl are spoken for.
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    I will sweetin up the deal..now remember I include shipping. Dusseldorf poster and.....a pearl jam tote bag or rain jacket ..... I paid about $80 and now its worth ???? maybe a ITW vinyl? :D
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J