Attn all Dinosaurs...

5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I understand that you all paid your dues to Pearl Jam/10c over the years but come on we need some new blood up in the front, and I just dont mean the lottery sections. PJ is a band that feeds off energy for their shows and sorry but someone that has seen many shows up front just doesnt put out the energy that someone would being up there for the first time.

Just my .02
This too shall pass.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 5against1- wrote:
    I understand that you all paid your dues to Pearl Jam/10c over the years but come on we need some new blood up in the front, and I just dont mean the lottery sections. PJ is a band that feeds off energy for their shows and sorry but someone that has seen many shows up front just doesnt put out the energy that someone would being up there for the first time.

Just my .02

That is unfair assessment, I have a friend with a really low number, always in the first 3 rows and he rocks out just as hard today as he did on day 1.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Dammit, guess my 23 shows from 20+ rows back disqualifies me from being up front now. Lame.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    5against1- wrote:
    someone that has seen many shows up front just doesnt put out the energy that someone would being up there for the first time.
    FALSE.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    I noticed this on 10/28 people were on their cell phones, and actually saw a few people with their arms crossed for Blood.
    This too shall pass.....
  • I thought it was almost that time of the year for this thread to pop up again
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    5against1- wrote:

Just my .02

Flamebait. :thumbdown:

The first two rows and 9/10 are lottery winners. You didn't win?

It's set up the way the band wants it to be set up.

I hope you had a great time at the show. :wave:
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • 5against1- wrote:

Just my .02

Yet another mind-numbing post passing judgment on how individuals should enjoy live entertainment that they have paid to watch ...
  • Diggy381Diggy381 Posts: 165
    This is kind of funny, but at the last Philly show, very close to my section, there were two women that were in their 60s. I kind of had to chuckle about the diversity of the crowd that PJ is drawing these days. It was a bit of a surprise and kind of cool at the same time.

A little off topic, but the title of this thread made me think about it. . .
  • 5against1- wrote:
    I noticed this on 10/28 people were on their cell phones, and actually saw a few people with their arms crossed for Blood.

Maybe they were trying to reach you, 5against1, to ask you to enjoy the show your way, and let them enjoy the show their way. As for people crossing their arms during Blood, maybe they had a severe case of diarrhea and were holding it in till the end of the show ...
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    I thought this would be a heads up for old posters in the forum... my mistake :? :P

However, I think the lottery deal has improved the odds for everyone to get seats up front.
    And some people go all crazy and rock out, and others are more laid back, regardless of where their seats are.

But I do agree on something, people that are on their cellphones during the show should be burnt at the stake. That will show them.

and just in case... ;)
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

I understand that people have paid there dues. It just frustrates me to see and bunch of people up front looking bored probablly because they have been that close for numerious shows and its not as exciting any more.

Kat I understand how it is set up with rows 1,2 9,10 being lottery. What is a flamebait :lol:
    This too shall pass.....
    5against1- wrote:
    I understand that people have paid there dues. It just frustrates me to see and bunch of people up front looking bored probablly because they have been that close for numerious shows and its not as exciting any more.

Kat I understand how it is set up with rows 1,2 9,10 being lottery. What is a flamebait :lol:

I think she meant you are baiting yourself to be flamed... or something like that.
    So watch out for those flames. ;)

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    -Buru- wrote:
    I thought this would be a heads up for old posters in the forum... my mistake :? :P

However, I think the lottery deal has improved the odds for everyone to get seats up front.
    And some people go all crazy and rock out, and others are more laid back, regardless of where their seats are.

But I do agree on something, people that are on their cellphones during the show should be burnt at the stake. That will show them.

and just in case... ;)
    wow talk about an old timer I haven't seen around here in ages, shit. What's next el kbong coming outta the woodworks
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Yes the lottery did improve our chances. I'm sure Ed and the bous got tired of seeing the same dinosaurs in the front for every show. Time for lunch break. Be back later
    This too shall pass.....
    metsfan wrote:
    -Buru- wrote:

and just in case... ;)
    wow talk about an old timer I haven't seen around here in ages, shit. What's next el kbong coming outta the woodworks

hey hey hey... :P

I also remember el kbong! But that was ages ago

PS. If I ever see a show in the US again, I will probably get shitty seats, unless I win the lottery.

• Try paying more attention to the band and less attention to members of the audience.
  • 5against1- wrote:
    Yes the lottery did improve our chances. I'm sure Ed and the bous got tired of seeing the same dinosaurs in the front for every show. Time for lunch break. Be back later

Have fun on the monkey bars youngin'. Hopefully it'll tie you over until afternoon recess starts.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    of all the attempts at cracking seniority, this has to be one of the weakest
    seniority isnt going away

so you will just have to hit the lottery or wait to be up front like everyone else
    the system is fair
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I was pretty close on Saturday and was surrounded by fellow 10 Clubbers rocking out. Dunno what dinosaurs you saw, but I was high fiving fellow velociraptors the whole time.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • I'm so sick of these stupid fucking threads about people not "rocking out" hard enough.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    dinosaur.jpg
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Thank you for you wonderful insight on this subject. Could you please expand on the rules of enjoyment for a Pearl Jam show? Should I pogo during Just Breathe? Should I spin around in circles during Lukin? Do the "Carlton" during Alive? Do the Robot during You Are? (Oops Ed already does that!)

This argument is old! Get over it! If the BAND is so bored with who is upfront why do they insist on the seniority then? When you figure that one out please fill us in....

BTW - My 318xxx number gets me decent seats and I enjoy them every show, no matter how the audience acts.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Thank you for you wonderful insight on this subject. Could you please expand on the rules of enjoyment for a Pearl Jam show? Should I pogo during Just Breathe? Should I spin around in circles during Lukin? Do the "Carlton" during Alive? Do the Robot during You Are? (Oops Ed already does that!)

This argument is old! Get over it! If the BAND is so bored with who is upfront why do they insist on the seniority then? When you figure that one out please fill us in....

BTW - My 318xxx number gets me decent seats and I enjoy them every show, no matter how the audience acts.

You should ALWAYS do the Carlton during Alive. And take video. :D
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    5against1- wrote:

Just my .02
    On a Skittles/Kit Kat/Milky Way sugar rage from Saturday's Trick or Treating, I see.
    You know... your hatred and negative expressions places a chrome plated, double reversed, voo-doo, jihad, hex/spell fatwa on your chances of winning the Ten/VHC seat lottery, right?
    Enjoy the shows from the upper terrace, mi amigo.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • I was at all four Philly shows and won the lottery for Saturday (2nd row, between Mike and Jeff). I had not been up front to see Pearl Jam since March 1995 when I saw them in Singapore; that was a long time ago and I remember going berserk then (adolescence and lack of sobriety had something to do with it). My strategy to savor the Philly lottery win was very different than 14 years ago in Singapore - I did not drink before the show so as to avoid leaving my seat and waiting in line to relieve myself; I didn't rock out the way 5against1 (the original poster) wants all PJ concertgoers to. I was a proud dinosaur who won the lottery at a PJ show. By the way, I regularly crossed my hands so as to support a herniated disc in my back and took regular sit-down breaks so as to relieve the pain in my recently repaired anterior cruciate knee ligament. 5against1, I hope you saw me and that I caused you a lot of mental anguish because I did not behave up to your standards. I also hope that I ruined your enjoyment of the show since, of course, that was my original intent in winning the lottery. Kisses and hugs ....
  • 5against1- wrote:

Just my .02

Oh PUHLEAZE!!! I've been around since '91 and lost my number a couple of times and you don't hear me whining I'm not up in the first 5 rows. Yet I'm probably at least twice your age and never stopped dancing at every show. I may have small hands and bad eye sight but I can take a major bite out of your arse anyday concertwise. :lol:
    AND You obviously haven't met 12 year old Dirty Little Tom yet. He knows every word to just about every song by Pearl Jam but also is smart enough to know you got to pay your dues to earn your way up there. He's working on it and just happy to be in the house when Pearl Jam plays. Doubt many of you other 'younger folks 'ever even heard Sweet Lew, satans bed, rats, or Outta My Mind before the other night - he has and was totally rocking it out back in section 211. They feel our energy just as much as anyone surrounding the stage and I highly doubt any of the people I know that hit the lottery were just standing around with an incredible setlist like that. I've been waiting many years and shows to hear those songs played again. Thanks PJ.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• xxxxxxx get the hell off my lawn. :twisted:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    3 and 1/2 hours of PJ is not enough for you?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    5against1- wrote:

Just my .02

Oh PUHLEAZE!!! I've been around since '91 and lost my number a couple of times and you don't hear me whining I'm not up in the first 5 rows. Yet I'm probably at least twice your age and never stopped dancing at every show. I may have small hands and bad eye sight but I can take a major bite out of your arse anyday concertwise. :lol:
    AND You obviously haven't met 12 year old Dirty Little Tom yet. He knows every word to just about every song by Pearl Jam but also is smart enough to know you got to pay your dues to earn your way up there. He's working on it and just happy to be in the house when Pearl Jam plays. Doubt many of you other 'younger folks 'ever even heard Sweet Lew, satans bed, rats, or Outta My Mind before the other night - he has and was totally rocking it out back in section 211. They feel our energy just as much as anyone surrounding the stage and I highly doubt any of the people I know that hit the lottery were just standing around with an incredible setlist like that. I've been waiting many years and shows to hear those songs played again. Thanks PJ.
    I just remember abunch of you dinosaurs standing there like zombies. I think I know Satans Bed, Isnt it off of No Code:) Outta my mind( I owe the fucking vinyl)
    This too shall pass.....
    I think its funny to see some of you get all worked up over this. Its just an opinion. Does the truth hurt?
    This too shall pass.....
This discussion has been closed.