So someone from Canada wants my spare Sydney ticket...

13»

Comments

• If the mods won't delete this thread it may as well be derailed :D

haha!!!
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    If the mods won't delete this thread it may as well be derailed :D
    Indeed. I think you received about the right amount of flak. Now go listen to some I Mother Earth and The Tea Party to make it up to Canada lol.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Songburst wrote:
    Indeed. I think you received about the right amount of flak. Now go listen to some I Mother Earth and The Tea Party to make it up to Canada lol.

I'd rather drink Canadian Club & Cola.
    That is my favourite drink of all time, I got one bottle in the fridge waiting for me but I am on a fitness regime so feel guilty drinking it.
    I could bow down to a photo of Terrence & Phillip?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I love the idea of derailling this Thread, I can't stand F#*@King Trolls. What happened to love and guidance?
    Let's deraill it BIG TIME................ 8-)8-)

I like to go to parties with my friends and other happy people and dance my head off, drinking Jacks with Coke, a few Tequila slammers in between, and of course a toke on a few Spliffs.
    Usualy when our parties are OVER, it is sunrise and we're getting in our cars to go home.
    Best party I ever THrew?.........................it envolved a helicopter, GoKarts, Fighterplanes and a Limo, plus more.
    Nice Deraill, ............anybody out there, come on. :mrgreen:

That is my favourite drink of all time, I got one bottle in the fridge waiting for me but I am on a fitness regime so feel guilty drinking it.

CC is gut-rot. Forty Creek whisky is way better -- not sure if you can get your hands on it in Aus but if you can I'd definitely suggest trying it out (after you are through with your fitness regime of course).
  • Songburst wrote:

CC is gut-rot. Forty Creek whisky is way better -- not sure if you can get your hands on it in Aus but if you can I'd definitely suggest trying it out (after you are through with your fitness regime of course).

Haven't heard of that one, don't think we have it.
    It will be hard to get me off the CC, I am loyal to that beverage.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    İ love how when Canadians travel they go out of their way to make sure they are not perceived as American.

American!?!?? Oh god no...I'm Canadian. İ guess İ never knew how sensitive and image concious Canandians were...the guy never said "all Canadians" anything...he was asking a question...İ thought Canandians were supposed to be laid back and chilled?

Truth be told Canadians and Americans aren't all that different in the grand scheme of things...unfortunately we had a doofus representing us and being a world leader, we're always under the microscope.
    Rossum20 wrote:
    İ love how when Canadians travel they go out of their way to make sure they are not perceived as American.

American!?!?? Oh god no...I'm Canadian. İ guess İ never knew how sensitive and image concious Canandians were...the guy never said "all Canadians" anything...he was asking a question...İ thought Canandians were supposed to be laid back and chilled?

Truth be told Canadians and Americans aren't all that different in the grand scheme of things...unfortunately we had a doofus representing us and being a world leader, we're always under the microscope.

Truth be told, no-one in the world is that different to one-another, it's just our surroundings that nuture us.
    Some people are horrible, but they do not represent thier country, just thier shitty shit they are privy to.
    Rossum20 wrote:

Actually, I think that you will find a good number of Americans with Canadian flags sewn on their backbacks when they travel too.
  • Songburst wrote:

I hear all Aussies are fans of the Tea Party. :D You dig The Armada?

CC? Do yourself a favour and go buy some Crown Royal. You don't even need coke.
    ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • I'd rather drink Canadian Club & Cola.

;)[/quote]

What is the Tea Party lol? Armada???

;)

What is the Tea Party lol? Armada???[/quote]

Tea Party = band......

;)

What is the Tea Party lol? Armada???

Tea Party = band......[/quote]

Thought so, thought he may have assumed we love throwing tea party's.
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    Songburst wrote:
    Actually, I think that you will find a good number of Americans with Canadian flags sewn on their backbacks when they travel too.

That's an urban myth and I've travelled a lot.

• Tea Party = band......

Actually I really like them......but Tea Parties are also underrated in my opinion....... ;)

• Tea Party = band......

Actually I really like them......but Tea Parties are also underrated in my opinion....... ;)

I have recently gotten into green....no additives just plain.
    It is part of my health kick.

• I have recently gotten into green....no additives just plain.

Green?

Green?

Tea

Green?

Tea

Oohhh....way off what I was thinking!!! Really? Actually don't mind it, but it's not my preferred drink of choice.......
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    100 Pacer wrote:
    I have sold my extra the last two shows that i was fortunate enough to score to two different people from Canada & both are very honest in my own opinion .....

:D

Jose is the man,...
    :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    Tea Party sound like The Doors to me.
    Wolf Mother sounds like Led Zep.

On that note, I'm off to watch Dr Who. Weeehoooooooooo weeeeeooooooooo.theme song.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    No love for MOIST ?? :)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Jo wrote:

On that note, I'm off to watch Dr Who. Weeehoooooooooo weeeeeooooooooo.theme song.

strange that people say Tea Party sound like the Doors. At most, Jeff Martin looks like Jim Morrison, but their biggest influence musically is Led Zeppelin. I don't think they sound ANYTHING like the Doors.

Wolfmother to me sounds like a cross of Led Zep and the White Stripes, with a dab of Black Sabbath thrown in for good measure.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Parksy wrote:
    No love for MOIST ?? :)

their first album, yes, but anything after that is :thumbdown:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Jo wrote:

strange that people say Tea Party sound like the Doors. At most, Jeff Martin looks like Jim Morrison, but their biggest influence musically is Led Zeppelin. I don't think they sound ANYTHING like the Doors.

Wolfmother to me sounds like a cross of Led Zep and the White Stripes, with a dab of Black Sabbath thrown in for good measure.
    I always got into arguments about this back in the day. Tea Party are totally more on the Led Zep side than the Doors side of the music spectrum.

Saw some pretty wicked Tea Party concerts in my day and they always pulled off great Zep covers. That Alhambra tour back in '97 (I think) was one of the coolest concerts that I have ever been to. They played an hour and a half acoustic set with a bunch of funky instruments (possibly even a Sitar) took 30 minutes off and came back out and played an hour and a half electric set. Great fucking concert.
    twojawas wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

That's an urban myth and I've travelled a lot.
    Maybe today it is but it was not a myth back in '01 for sure.
  • Tea Party = band......

More like former band. They've been broken up for quite a while now.
    That said they were a really good band...put on a good live show.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,561
    Tea Party = band......

Great band but their singer was a total asshole. When in high school, I would check out these EMI meetup's when they came to town. Handing out samples & stuff. In conversation's, Jeff Martin was first on their list as the worst, selfish person in the music business. I personally, didn't care about the man. I loved their work on Splender Solis & The Edges of Twilight. Anything after pretty much sucked.
  • demetrios wrote:
    Tea Party = band......

Great band but their singer was a total asshole. When in high school, I would check out these EMI meetup's when they came to town. Handing out samples & stuff. In conversation's, Jeff Martin was first on their list as the worst, selfish person in the music business. I personally, didn't care about the man. I loved their work on Splender Solis & The Edges of Twilight. Anything after pretty much sucked.

Yeah, don't really know anything about that part of it - I agree with you about Splendor Solis and Edges of Twilight, and I did know that they have been broken up for quite a while....but Jeff Martin plays regularly here in Fremantle, and I have been told practically lives here, and puts on a really good show......
    I also think that the reason people equated them with the Doors, correctly or not, was because Jeff Martin's voice is very like Jim Morrison, and he does have a similar look - not saying that their music is actually anything LIKE the Doors, just that public perception may be that he looks and sounds similar to Jim Morrison if you don't actually LISTEN to the music properly....I have to admit - I still put Splendor Solis on a lot, and it's great for letting my little boy listen to when he is a bit restless and can't get to sleep.....very relaxing...
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i am seeing the armada at my local on sunday :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!