Options

Australian Tour

Comments

• Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    As far as I'm concerned, this division between us and them based on where we're born is meaningless. Just as I'll split with someone from WA, I'll split with Canadians, Mexicans, even someone from the fucking International Space Station if they want my spare and I know they're good people to hang with.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Well I'm glad you agree.

yeah ... lol

its not nice to call people names behind their back ...
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned, this division between us and them based on where we're born is meaningless. Just as I'll split with someone from WA, I'll split with Canadians, Mexicans, even someone from the fucking International Space Station if they want my spare and I know they're good people to hang with.
    Cool...I'll split with you next tour, Hin :D I know your number is heaps better than mine :D (which would be good if I was only up against West Australians) :D
    Having said that......I was extremely happy with my seats last tour and over the moon to have a larger group of 10 clubbers in the crowd than previous tours :)
  • Options
    Cool...I'll split with you next tour, Hin :D I know your number is heaps better than mine :D
    Um. Are you sure? I'm 380xxx.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    yeah ... lol

its not nice to call people names behind their back ...

I didn't call you any names!

And they weren't my tickets -- Gustopholies was lucky enough to have a spare. My tickets were row 6 or 7.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:

I'm talking about not splitting spares with someone from a different country!!!! I'm talking about the actual allocation of ALL the tickets at a particular venue.

There is no way I wouldn't split with someone from overseas. THAT is NOT what I was saying and I hope that is CLEAR!

:)
  • Options
    The thing is in Australia we're not going to end up any further than 15 rows back if there's an 10c allocation. This may be an issue if there was a major American invasion involving about 4000 10c'ers, which would squeeze us sub-260xxx'er wayyyyyy to the back and sides.

Close or not, we're there. Some of the best times I had was in the bloody rafters at Sydney 2. Others saw it as pretty ordinary. Me? I had great people by my side. Awesomeness.
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    The thing is in Australia we're not going to end up any further than 15 rows back if there's an 10c allocation. This may be an issue if there was a major American invasion involving about 4000 10c'ers, which would squeeze us sub-260xxx'er wayyyyyy to the back and sides.

Close or not, we're there. Some of the best times I had was in the bloody rafters at Sydney 2. Others saw it as pretty ordinary. Me? I had great people by my side. Awesomeness.

As I said -- I'm greedy and I fully admit to that. I love this band. Seen every Aussie tour since 1995 (only seen them 5 times in total though). I can't help but be greedy. I had 10C tickets to one show and wanted the best seats that I could possibly get.
  • Options
    They won't do Australia again this year
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Um. Are you sure? I'm 380xxx.
    :confused: So how come you were in front of me last tour??? Did you share with someone else??

I would say you can have my spare for the next tour then, but you must already have a buddy with a better number than me?? :)

and....I've already promised my spare to Sam :D
  • Options

Oh SHUT UP, Chris!!! :D

....how do you know?????
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:

Yeah....I'm sure we had more interstaters than any other tour, in '06 and I still had 5th row right in front of Ed.....was SO happy and over the moon to have a BIG 10club crowd there.....was BRILLIANT!!!!!
    But I can only judge from that :o
    I wasn't fortunate enough to be able to travel to any of the interstate gigs, so don't know how seats were affected there, due to non locals.
    We don't have very many 10C members here in WA, so it's a toss up of either
    1. not many 10C members at the gig and having front row seats
    OR
    2. having a seat a LITTLE bit further back and having a bigger 10C crew

I'd choose the latter every time (but I'm not sent very far back, so yeah)
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Oh SHUT UP, Chris!!! :D

....how do you know?????

Lol they just won't. They've done Australia on 2 straight World Tours... I think you're staring down the barrel of your 4-5 year gap again.

Oh, and btw... i'm going to LA 2 and SD 1 of Eddie's tour... ;)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    I choose to ignore that :D:D:D

*pokes tongue out* :D
  • Options
    :confused: So how come you were in front of me last tour??? Did you share with someone else??

I would say you can have my spare for the next tour then, but you must already have a buddy with a better number than me?? :)

and....I've already promised my spare to Sam :D
    While I am one of those who like to chalk up a tally of PJ shows, I'm actually more for chalking up PJ friends. One of the benefits on the side for being such a whore of PJ friends is inevitably there'll be a few of them with low numbers. :)

Having been on the front row multiple times(really 2nd, but this is GA in Europe, so it's really better than front row in Australia), my philosophy is I've been there and done that, and will settle for anywhere so long as I'm with a friend, or will share with someone new who'll become a friend.
  • Options
    If they DO tour Australia... do it in July.. i'm finally coming home after 3 years here to see my family!
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    If they DO tour Australia... do it in July.. i'm finally coming home after 3 years here to see my family!

YAY! I hope they do it in July too! The last time I saw you was at the airport at 6am going to Brisbane 2003 concert. And I hadn't seen you since school (1996) before that I think....no, I saw you at Subway when I was going out with Leigh which would have been 1999 or so.

Pearl Jam -- keeping friends together! :D
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    While I am one of those who like to chalk up a tally of PJ shows, I'm actually more for chalking up PJ friends. One of the benefits on the side for being such a whore of PJ friends is inevitably there'll be a few of them with low numbers. :)

Having been on the front row multiple times(really 2nd, but this is GA in Europe, so it's really better than front row in Australia), my philosophy is I've been there and done that, and will settle for anywhere so long as I'm with a friend, or will share with someone new who'll become a friend.
    :) Yep....I hear ya, Hin.
    While I'm not as lucky as you, to have met fellow PJ fans all over the world....the one's I've met here in Aus mean the world to me!!!!
    but as far as atmosphere at a PJ show....yeah....read my previous post re; prefering more 10clubbers at a gig over a closer seat :)
    (PS: Unless it means being front row with Zig, in a Fishy sandwich ;) :eek: )
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    YAY! I hope they do it in July too! The last time I saw you was at the airport at 6am going to Brisbane 2003 concert. And I hadn't seen you since school (1996) before that I think....no, I saw you at Subway when I was going out with Leigh which would have been 1999 or so.

Pearl Jam -- keeping friends together! :D

Haha yeah, i remember 2003. It's been a while then, over 5 years, and i've been over here nearly 3 of them now.

I don't think i'll ever get to see them in OZ again, but i'm sure i'll get to see them more here than i ever would have there, starting w/Ed in about 7 weeks.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Haha yeah, i remember 2003. It's been a while then, over 5 years, and i've been over here nearly 3 of them now.

I don't think i'll ever get to see them in OZ again, but i'm sure i'll get to see them more here than i ever would have there, starting w/Ed in about 7 weeks.
    YEY! Ya lucky bugga :) Can't WAIT to hear about those gigs!!!!
    Represent/think of all of us poor souls down under ;):D
  • Options

I hate you!!!!

:)
  • Options
    Yes but your mud is bad teeth and felonies.

our teeth are fine.

not quite as fine as a harper vedder show though...
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    Lol they just won't. They've done Australia on 2 straight World Tours... I think you're staring down the barrel of your 4-5 year gap again.
    you rekon? remember the band loves aust, they sell heaps of records/shows here and they love coming here in our summer for surfing etc

i predict an EV/Harper or a PJ tour in around nov/dec this year

:D

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283
    same, i feel your pain.

i had front row brissie 2003, 3rd row brissie 2006.

lucky i had front row for brissie night 2, 2006

ooh i'm so jealous. All these years i foolishly didn't become a 10c member, i don't know why. And brisbane 06 1st night waaaaaay up the back, brisbane 06 2nd night... maybe 10-15 rows back...

Although in 1998 i was pretty close, but on the side.. but seats i have ever had, thanks ticketek.. Also i bought those tickets on the day of the concert, must have just released some that weren't being used.

But I really like the idea of people from that state or country getting priority seating according to seniority within that country/state, then allocating to visitors from os.
    I have no signature
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    )

i thought this too but they've been to europe since the last world tour so there is no reason for them to back there in a hurry, so i think its definately realistic that pearl jam are coming back down here and plus we played host to the best show of the 06 tour...
  • Options
    Pappas wrote:

I like the sound of this! Although Pearl Jam anytime of the year is great.
  • Options
    I told you before...

You think I've got my eyes closed... but I've been looking at you the whole fucking time...
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    How the fuck do you always pop in at the EXACTLY the right time?!! :D

Hope you are well! :)
  • Options
    Pappas wrote:
    you rekon? remember the band loves aust, they sell heaps of records/shows here and they love coming here in our summer for surfing etc

Yeah, i just don't see it happening. Yes, they went back to Europe, but that's now twice after a 6 year lay-off. They've been to Australia on the last 2 world tours.

South America had the best crowds in general, yet they didn't include them on the last world tour, i think it's their turn. Haven't been down there since 2005. I think a US tour, incorporating Canada and South America would be more realistic first.

I don't see just Ed going anywhere overseas either, not this year.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    jesse wrote:
    i thought this too but they've been to europe since the last world tour so there is no reason for them to back there in a hurry, so i think its definately realistic that pearl jam are coming back down here and plus we played host to the best show of the 06 tour...

Alot of those shows were festivals too, and they didn't really go to any one place on both tours. Europe's done for 4-5 years, and Australia's done for 3-5 is my best guess.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    how about they get rid of seating, and have GA shows, with early entry like they do in europe!
    much better way to see a gig! get there early, meet loads of people in the line up, and have a great time!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!