Options

Australian Tour

Comments

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    wolfbear wrote:
    Wow, that would be awesome for you guys. There are so many "good" rumors and info going around that it seems like this might be a very interesting year! :)

Wouldn't it though? :) I reckon an Ed tour would be just the thing to turn this year around. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Jeanie wrote:
    Wouldn't it though? :) I reckon an Ed tour would be just the thing to turn this year around. :)
    Here's hoping with fingers crossed! ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Yes but your mud is bad teeth and felonies.

I'd suggest, along with spending a bit of time with a dictionary you also get yourself some history books. Get back to me, IN AN APPROPRIATE THREAD, when you've learned a little. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Here's hoping with fingers crossed! ;)

I got EVERYTHING crossed! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Jeanie wrote:
    I'd suggest, along with spending a bit of time with a dictionary you also get yourself some history books. Get back to me, IN AN APPROPRIATE THREAD, when you've learned a little. :)

:D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I hope it's Australians ONLY this time! Too many 10C members from overseas took the good 10C seats last tour.

thats a pretty shitty attitude... you sound like an elitist american bitching about seniority.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    :D

Well really! :D

Now, who's staying at mine if it's on? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    thats a pretty shitty attitude... you sound like an elitist american bitching about seniority.

We wait a long time between tours...So kill me if I'm greedy when Pearl Jam finally make their way back to our shores!

I thought it was crap that there was a whole bunch of non-Australians in the best seats -- and I've heard a certain bunch of fans from overseas were in the best seats for the whole (or majority) of the tour.

When PJ tour NZ again, I'll consider flying over but I don't feel it's right that a whole bunch of Australian 10C members will take the best seats away from the New Zealanders. They've patiently waited so it's their night, not ours. They should get seated first then all overseas 10C members seated behind them.

Call me elitist or whatever but that's how I feel.
  • Options
    jesse wrote:
    a close frined of mine who works at the arts centre told me yesterday that they are currently trying to organise some pearl jam shows at the sidney myer music bowl in melbourne with ben harper

this same friends has made me aware of major bands touring upto 6 months before shows are announced so i believe she is a very reliable source!

Keep us posted dude.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I hope it's Australians ONLY this time! Too many 10C members from overseas took the good 10C seats last tour.

Oh dude im totally with you on that one! I was in first row in 2003 and then cause of all the overseas peoples i was sent backwards...its hard to go backwards when youve tasted front row sweetness!!
    www.myspace.com/allmankind
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    We wait a long time between tours...So kill me if I'm greedy when Pearl Jam finally make their way back to our shores!

I thought it was crap that there was a whole bunch of non-Australians in the best seats -- and I've heard a certain bunch of fans from overseas were in the best seats for the whole (or majority) of the tour.

When PJ tour NZ again, I'll consider flying over but I don't feel it's right that a whole bunch of Australian 10C members will take the best seats away from the New Zelanders. They've patiently waited so it's their night, not ours. They should get seated first then all overseas 10C members seated behind them.

Call me elitist or whatever but that's how I feel.
    Totally agree Zig!
    I think 10c do a great job with the tix...BUT.....I personally would like them to give home state preference for 10c tix....ie; if they're playing Perth - give priority to West Aussie 10c members, then everyone else...and so on. We onley ever get one show over here in WA and it costs a fortune for us to travel interstate for other gigs. :(
    I imagine this is probably a lot more work for 10c, but it would be fairer :o I know I would've got a lot closer if not for the interstaters and over seaers.
    Shoot me now - I don't give a fuck :D Just my oppinion :D
  • Options
    Totally agree Zig!
    I think 10c do a great job with the tix...BUT.....I personally would like them to give home state preference for 10c tix....ie; if they're playing Perth - give priority to West Aussie 10c members, then everyone else...and so on. We onley ever get one show over here in WA and it costs a fortune for us to travel interstate for other gigs. :(
    I imagine this is probably a lot more work for 10c, but it would be fairer :o I know I would've got a lot closer if not for the interstaters and over seaers.
    Shoot me now - I don't give a fuck :D Just my oppinion :D

Yeah, home state would be COOL too!!! :) Now you're talking!

I also think that if there are two nights, one should be allocated by senority and the other randomly allocated to give other people a chance to be near the front. Australia's not too bad because there aren't TOO many 10C members. That's more for US shows where there are HEAPS of members. If they play one night, should go by senority.
  • Options
    its such a double standard, if you were to come over here would you expect to be pushed back behind all the 10 clubbers with higher numbers than you just because youre not from here ????

ya i thought so.

also in Perth i used a lower number(someone from Melbourne) than someone from Perth and they got better seats, I think Australia is one place where there is a low enough amount of fan club members that they can give a few home town fans better seats regardless of their number.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Yeah, home state would be COOL too!!! :) Now you're talking!

I also think that if there are two nights, one should be allocated by senority and the other randomly allocated to give other people a chance to be near the front. Australia's not too bad because there aren't TOO many 10C members. That's more for US shows where there are HEAPS of members. If they play one night, should go by senority.

thats so contradictory to what you just said earlier.....
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    its such a double standard, if you were to come over here would you expect to be pushed back behind all the 10 clubbers with higher numbers than you just because youre not from here ????

ya i thought so.

If you read my reply to your first post, I said that when PJ tour New Zealand again, I hope they let the New Zealanders have first choice to the tickets THEN the overseas 10C members after them. Because I know that there will be a whole bunch of Australians going over there and taking the good seats.

So, YA -- you thought wrong!
  • Options
    thats so contradictory to what you just said earlier.....

How?

I don't have a problem with 10C senority rules -- I have a problem with people who have waited for ages to see a PJ concert getting pushed back by someone from overseas with a better 10C number who probably also got good 10C seats overseas AND in Australia.

And I know for a fact that two 10C members from overseas that I spoke to came to Australia just because they knew they'd get better tickets than what they could get in US with their numbers. Fuck off! That's bullshit in my opinion.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    How?

I don't have a problem with 10C senority rules -- I have a problem with people who have waited for ages to see a PJ concert getting pushed back by someone from overseas with a better 10C number who probably also got good 10C seats overseas AND in Australia.

And I know for a fact that two 10C members from overseas that I spoke to came to Australia just because they knew they'd get better tickets than what they could get in US with their numbers. Fuck off! That's bullshit in my opinion.

why is that BS ? Thats how seniority works...

oh and its contradictory because youre saying you dont mind seniority kinda when it benefits you, but when it doesnt its bullshit apparently
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    why is that BS ? Thats how senority works...

EV is only letting US and Canadians buy 10C to his solo tour.

I hope PJ do the same.

That is all.

What row/s were you in at the Australian 2006 tour?
  • Options
    why is that BS ? Thats how seniority works...

oh and its contradictory because youre saying you dont mind seniority kinda when it benefits you, but when it doesnt its bullshit apparently

Now THAT is bullshit.

I said I'm perfectly happy to let other countries get first dibs on tickets and if I'm a visitor to that country, I'll go second! No dramas at all.

YOU seem to be the one with the problem. Why can't you be happy with your 10C tickets where you live?
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    *Toastie wrote:
    Oh dude im totally with you on that one! I was in first row in 2003 and then cause of all the overseas peoples i was sent backwards...its hard to go backwards when youve tasted front row sweetness!!

same, i feel your pain.

i had front row brissie 2003, 3rd row brissie 2006.

lucky i had front row for brissie night 2, 2006
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    EV is only letting US and Canadians buy 10C to his solo tour.

I hope PJ do the same.

That is all.

What row/s were you in at the Australian 2006 tour?

every ticket i used was a spare from an aussie 10c member, oh except once where i lost my ticket and fluked and found an american who had an extra, i never sat front row and i was never farther back then 7th row.

the reason EV tour is only us and canadians is because the venues hold 1500-2000 people thats 75 pairs of 10 c tickets, maybe, compared to 3-500 for PJ

so youre basically saying that if im travelling europe and PJ p[lays there AFTER my travel plans are set I dont have the right to go see them because im not from europe ??? thats not how a membership works. We all pay the same amount of money a year to get the same benefits.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Now THAT is bullshit.

I said I'm perfectly happy to let other countries get first dibs on tickets and if I'm a visitor to that country, I'll go second! No dramas at all.

YOU seem to be the one with the problem. Why can't you be happy with your 10C tickets where you live?

i dont have a problem at all i have one of the worst 10c numbers out there i rarely use my own membership to buy tickets.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    so youre basically saying that if im travelling europe and PJ p[lays there AFTER my travel plans are set I dont have the right to go see them because im not from europe ??? thats not how a membership works. We all pay the same amount of money a year to get the same benefits.

how does that make any sense? and no one even said that.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    every ticket i used was a spare from an aussie 10c member, oh except once where i lost my ticket and fluked and found an american who had an extra, i never sat front row and i was never farther back then 7th row.

the reason EV tour is only us and canadians is because the venues hold 1500-2000 people thats 75 pairs of 10 c tickets, maybe, compared to 3-500 for PJ

No, of course you have a right to see them. But if you purchase 10C tickets with your membership, you get allocated seats behind the other members who actually live in that country. If in Australia, Australian's get seated first. In New Zealand, New Zealanders get seated first....and so on and so on.

THAT is all I'm saying.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    No, of course you have a right to see them. But if you purchase 10C tickets with your membership, you get allocated seats behind the other members who actually live in that country. If in Australia, Australian's get seated first. In New Zealand, New Zealanders get seated first....and so on and so on.

THAT is all I'm saying.

i wish it was like that... i actually agree with you im just being argumentative because im bored. lol

it sort of just seemed like you were saying you like seniority when it benefits you.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    and you thnk its bad in Australia??? you should try getting good seats in canada, especially in Vancouver and Toronto. you get swamped by low numbers from Seattle, New York and Boston
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    "Currently trying" and "Have arranged" are two very different things. We tried to get our prime minister to say the word "sorry"- took 11 years. So I don't doubt that your friend might be trying- whether this is successful, and how long until it happens, are totally different matters.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Bollocks. This Aussie 10c'er will look to round up other like minded locals to split with some awesome foreigners if this happens.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Bollocks. This Aussie 10c'er will look to round up other like minded locals to split with some awesome foreigners if this happens.

Thats the spirit !!! i would rather split my tickets with an aussie or a euro then a an american, no offense to americans of course there just spoiled.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    i wish it was like that... i actually agree with you im just being argumentative because im bored. lol

it sort of just seemed like you were saying you like seniority when it benefits you.

Well I'm glad you agree.