Grabbing for items the band tosses out into the crowd

2»

Comments

• DeLukin wrote:
    Yea, the tambourine sailed right over my head and landed a few seats from me. I watched it go, but a couple of people around me were literally pushing people out of the way to get to it. Not cool. But they were probably the same douche bags in the hallways that thought shoving people would help when nobody was moving. People suck sometimes...

Yeah. It's easy to forget that some of the people who go to the shows are not like the people who post on here. Even with a predominantly 10C audience like we had on Saturday, there are still some undesirables that will find their way into the shows. Like the jerk I ran into on the way out of the arena. Clearly people weren't moving much due to the lack of exits, and yet this guy thought it would be cool to lean in and yell in everyone's ear right in front of him. Having someone yell "move out of my way, motherf***er!" was not how I would have preferred to leave the show. If only everyone could be more respectful. It's too bad that a few bad apples can ruin things for other people. Hopefully most people were able to enjoy the amazing shows despite these outliers.

i dont get why people act like somehow posting here or joining the 10c makes you a better person. we've got the same percent of douchebags as any other segment of the population. and when it comes to merch... no way could you spend a day on the porch and see the 100 poster threads and be unaware that people around here clearly have no perspective when it comes to collecting more pj shit.

My post was not meant to be taken as an assertion that 10C members or people on the boards are angels and without fault. I was more referring to the fact that most of the people I encounter on here seem to have general people skills and know how to treat others with a certain level of respect. That's not to say that there aren't douchebags here, but that is my general feeling. And my comment about 10C members was simply that they've most likely been to shows before so they know how it works. Not meant to be an elitist post against non-10C members.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • for a little POSITIVITY in this thread, about this very subject....i nabbed this post from a fanview in the GTF forum here:
    mojamom2 wrote:
    This concert by far exceeded my expectations.

Highlights:
    - Rocky Video
    - Eddie with the gloves. Anyone on here lucky enough to catch one of them?
    - BUGS!...RATS!
    - Jeremy w/ string
    - Confetti and balloons at the end
    - Mike playing SSB at the end

thats all i can think of for now...tons tons more...A perfect send off to The Spectrum

I got one of the gloves, wouldn't say caught though. I turned around looking for it and found it in my seat. I went for it the same time another guy did--we both had our hands on it, but he kindly let me have it. I had it on my right hand nearly the entire night. Thank you Eddie, thank you to the guy who didn't fight me for it, and thank you to my new friend who sold me her extra 10C seat so my 16 y.o. could sit with my husband in mine and see his 2nd show! It was a magical night. Thank you Pearl Jam.

apparently, we think alike:
    81 wrote:
    dude one row in front of me and a couple of seats over (sect 223 sat night) got a tamborine. there was no fighting, he caught it fair and square. actually, everyone in my little space that night was awesome.

just to give a positive post on the topic
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• I am the person who was in the tambourine incident. I actually was not going to go for it because it was above me and hit some hands and started to fall forward towards me. I then went and grabbed it then got rushed and hit to the ground and was surrounded by many people trying to rip it from me my friend saved me and as I see a few other people here. thank you to anyone who helped me out decides2dream sorry my friend thought you were trying to take it from me. This was one of the best shows i was ever at and a nice way to cap it off

i saw this posted earlier
    Lately the greed at the shows are making me sick.
    i can not agree more I was at the first show in row 5 and mike threw some picks out the guy who was wearing the mike is god shirts (next night Ed put him side stage)came down 6 rows and reached down into my seat while i was reaching for it he then hit me. I saw that i was not going to get it and my friend next to me was going for it and the guy hit him in the face. Sad that these kind of people are at the shows.
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I think about foul balls at ballgames ... I always pick out some kids around me in case I catch one, it's going to them! I've seen a foul bounce off a kid and the crowd harrass the final recipient to forkin' it over to a kid, who immediately did quite graciously.... I've had the kid next to me score one that bounced of me (i know, i know)! Couldn't have planned it better though.... Open the mitt and there's a ball inside and his eyes grow to saucers! I see this a lot out West, catch the foul ball, give it to the nearest kid....

And then there's the homerun balls -- it's freakin ugly. But it's money, "that's why they call it money."
    I just can't believe the tambos drum sticks picks and shit are actually "worth" it to make a scene over.

Looking at the tambo on your shelf that you jerked outta someone's hands a few years ago brings you good memories?!??!?! I sigh for humanity....
    [sic] happens
  • Well I just wanta say………

I’m a wheelchair user and in 08 mike crossed to my side of the stage and tossed a pick directly at me. I was in the front row. A swarm of people came and the pick was blocked my somebody’s hand. I thought for sure I wasn’t going to get it. plus an elbow came down directly on my head! I’m sure it hurt but I was on such a high I felt nothing.

So did I end up with the pick? Yes! Some kind soul picked it up off the floor and gave it to me.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• I'm an American Football player, big and strong, if anyone wants to challenge me in grabbing items tossed into the crowd I will spear tackle you.

Just kidding hehe
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Well I just wanta say………

I’m a wheelchair user and in 08 mike crossed to my side of the stage and tossed a pick directly at me. I was in the front row. A swarm of people came and the pick was blocked my somebody’s hand. I thought for sure I wasn’t going to get it. plus an elbow came down directly on my head! I’m sure it hurt but I was on such a high I felt nothing.

So did I end up with the pick? Yes! Some kind soul picked it up off the floor and gave it to me.

That is so lame that people lunged for the pick that was meant for you (I once got a Mike pick too, sweet!) ... I wish people could see themselves doing this stuff. Congratulations on that front row. :)
  • Rats....

Uh they don't eat. Don't sleep.
    They don't feed they don't seethe.
    Bare their gums when they moan and squeak.
    Lick the dirt off a larger one's feet.
    They don't push. Don't crowd.
    Congregate until they're much too loud.
    Fuck to procreate till they are dead.
    Drink the blood of their so called best friend.

They don't scurry when something bigger comes their way.
    Don't pack themselves together and run as one.
    Don't shit where they're not supposed to.
    Don't take what's not theirs. They don't compare.

They don't scam. Don't fight.
    Don't oppress an equals given rights.
    Starve the poor so they can be well fed.
    Line their holes with the dead ones bread.

Rats. They don't compare. (x2)
    Ooh.

Ben the two of us need look no more. Yeah. (x3)
    Ben the two of us need look no more, more, more. Yeah.
    Ben the two of us need look no more. Yeah. (x2)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    1191669598_6928.jpg
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • mrswhatsit wrote:

That is so lame that people lunged for the pick that was meant for you (I once got a Mike pick too, sweet!) ... I wish people could see themselves doing this stuff. Congratulations on that front row. :)

thanks. it was the best night ever!
    yeah, herd behavior i guess.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• PJammin' wrote:
    some of you people are IDIOTS. at one of the shows i went to mike threw out a pick and the people around me acted like rabid dogs for the pick. it's a freaking piece of PLASTIC! i don't care if mike or eddie or even elvis raised from the dead throws out a pick, act like decent human beings for God's sake. some of you people are PATHETIC. one time one of my friends caught a drumstick from matt and a guy ripped it away from her. luckily, matt saw it and walked down and handed her another one. matt's a class act. some PJ fans, however, are garbage.

Perfectly said .....what douchebags
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    This is one of the big reasons why I've gone off hanging onto this stuff. Besides, the look on the people's faces when you randomly hand over stuff... it's priceless.

So what you're giving?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    who the fuck got the BASKETBALL on Halloween????????????? THAT WAS AWESOME
    i like sound...
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Ed threw me a pick in Mansfield 08 - I felt it hit my hand but then I couldn't find it. Then some other guy who wasn't sitting near me comes down my row, reaches under the chair in front of me, and takes it. However I must have been meant to have one because 2 months later, at the solo Ed shows, there was one on the floor by my seat when I came in and it is now with me - it is a little grey around the edges. The same thing happened to me on night 3 Philly - found a Mike pick on the floor when I went to my seat. Someone once posted that they toss some around during or after the soundcheck to be found by lucky people when they go to their seats. Can't imagine wrestling people for stuff though.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I have a Chicago Bulls baseball hat that Ed threw to me at Lolla in 1992 at Harriet Island in Minnesota...fucking sweet! :D:D:D:D:D
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • All I got is 4 great memories from 4 great conserts, Im greatfull for that. :mrgreen:
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991
    Last year when I went to see EV solo in Newark... my buddy and I were in our seats before the show started and the place was about 1/3 full. I looked to my left and saw there was an EV pick on the floor next to the foot of the guy sitting next to my buddy. I politely reached over and picked it up. I was a little confused about why it was there before the show, but figured Ed must have flung it out there during the sound check. We were in the 10th row.

But not wanting to be a jerk, I asked the guy sitting next to my buddy if he dropped the pick, thinking maybe it was his and he lost it by accident. He looked at me like I was crazy and basically said that it wasn't his pick and then went on to say that if he was lucky enough to find a pick on the floor he wouldn't be so stupid as to start asking people sitting around him if it belonged to them. I was happy that I found the pick so I just ignored the guy's sour grapes - I guess he was annoyed that he didn't see the thing sitting right next to his foot the whole time he was sitting in his seat.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991
    hflpjtrade wrote:

i saw this posted earlier
    Lately the greed at the shows are making me sick.
    i can not agree more I was at the first show in row 5 and mike threw some picks out the guy who was wearing the mike is god shirts (next night Ed put him side stage)came down 6 rows and reached down into my seat while i was reaching for it he then hit me. I saw that i was not going to get it and my friend next to me was going for it and the guy hit him in the face. Sad that these kind of people are at the shows.

That guy in the Mike is God t-shirt was sitting right behind us in section 101 and while I didn't see him hit anyone I'm not surprised due to the way he was behaving. He was acting like a total jackass at the end of the show. I saw him worm his way up and start diving on the floor like a maniac when Mike threw out some picks. There were other idiots in that area acting the same way. My buddy and I were amazed at how stupid a bunch of 40 year old men were acting over a piece of plastic. A pick is a great souvenir from a show and I would love to have one thrown to me, but I'm not going to lay on the floor and fight someone over it.

And it was a little annoying to see him get acknowledged by Ed the next night when he let him hang next to the stage during Even Flow.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,276
    on2legs wrote:
    Last year when I went to see EV solo in Newark... my buddy and I were in our seats before the show started and the place was about 1/3 full. I looked to my left and saw there was an EV pick on the floor next to the foot of the guy sitting next to my buddy. I politely reached over and picked it up. I was a little confused about why it was there before the show, but figured Ed must have flung it out there during the sound check. We were in the 10th row.

But not wanting to be a jerk, I asked the guy sitting next to my buddy if he dropped the pick, thinking maybe it was his and he lost it by accident. He looked at me like I was crazy and basically said that it wasn't his pick and then went on to say that if he was lucky enough to find a pick on the floor he wouldn't be so stupid as to start asking people sitting around him if it belonged to them. I was happy that I found the pick so I just ignored the guy's sour grapes - I guess he was annoyed that he didn't see the thing sitting right next to his foot the whole time he was sitting in his seat.

The same thing happened to me on Friday night except the EV pick was directly underneath me it also happened before the show started i was texting my daughter when i looked down it was there sweet ... 8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • IF the basketball had been tossed a FEW feet to the center of the section, it woulda been right in my face!

its no big deal to me.

im not going to wrastle for ANY treats.

if someone else is willing to fight for it, i say whatever, they can have it!

i was next to a guy (south american ?) in bristow 03 who eddie gave a tambourine to

he looked at me after he got it and we just both smiled and danced our groove

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden