All pictures got deleted from my camera!!!

JammerforeverJammerforever Posts: 11
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I was at the Philly shoe last night (Halloween), and I had about 150 AWESOME pictures from the show that accidentally got deleted from my camera..... :cry:
Anyone have any good ones they are willing to share???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    ok... i dont know if cellphone pics are like regular digital memory but i know when i accidentally erased pic on a memory card, i was able to recover them because delete doesnt erase anything. it just marks it for being overwritten when u take another picture.

dont take any more pics and bring your cell phone to a cell carrier's store and theres a good chance they can recover the pics.

good luck!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • This happened to my friend last year and she downloaded a program online that recovered all of her pics from her memory card. She paid for it but I think you should be able to find a free one. Just don't use the memory card until you figure out what you need to do. Good luck!
  • DONT DO ANYTHING ELSE TO THE DRIVE!

That's the first step. Dont take anymore pictures or saving or moving etc. I am assuming your camera uses an SD Card? If it does, try this, http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue.php There is also a PC version if you are have a PC. You can download a trial to see if the software can recover the files first. Then buy it If you want.

This stiff works! I reformatted an SD Card and this software allowed me to recover about 500 Pics and about 45 min of HD video. I recommend it to everyone.
    here for the music...
  • Thank you for all your suggestions.... unfortunatly, I had taken about 150 more pics after that happend... only a few at the show. It's from a digital camera with a duo memory stick. Does anyone know if the pics i took after the fact covered up the deleted ones? I'm going to try the software this week, Thanks again!
  • soopsoop Posts: 191
    There's a great free app called photorec that will recover them for you. Requires some tech knowledge tho.
  • MD73024 wrote:
    Thank you for all your suggestions.... unfortunatly, I had taken about 150 more pics after that happend... only a few at the show. It's from a digital camera with a duo memory stick. Does anyone know if the pics i took after the fact covered up the deleted ones? I'm going to try the software this week, Thanks again!
    you may be able to get some of them back, but some are probably overwritten.
  • MD73024 wrote:
    I was at the Philly shoe last night (Halloween), and I had about 150 AWESOME pictures from the show that accidentally got deleted from my camera..... :cry:
    Anyone have any good ones they are willing to share???

OUCH!
    :shock:
    i truly, truly feel for you my friend! that is one of my GREATEST fears. i have not uploaded my pics yet but viewing thru the camera i do have at the least a handful of some pretty awesome shots (thanks in no small part to my stellar/lucky seat - thanks again tony! :)) and am more than happy to share. if you PM your email addy, i will send along...probably over the weekend. and/or, i may end up posting some or most, see how ambitious i get :P.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I run one of the biggest data recovery firms in the world. Your pictures, all but the ones that were overwritten from the new pics that were taken, should be recoverable. We don't deal with any of the off the shelf recovery software that's out there, because some of it can actually make the situation worse. I was more familiar with Pro Soft tools back before it was sold off to another company. The original programmers developed the software a few years ago to coincide with the methods utilized for proper data recovery. As long as the core of the software has been maintained then you should be fine. Another decent one is R-Studio. If you can't find something that works, I'd be willing to do it for you at no charge. Just pay for the shipping back and forth. You can PM me if you need to.
  • Shawshank wrote:
    I run one of the biggest data recovery firms in the world. Your pictures, all but the ones that were overwritten from the new pics that were taken, should be recoverable. We don't deal with any of the off the shelf recovery software that's out there, because some of it can actually make the situation worse. I was more familiar with Pro Soft tools back before it was sold off to another company. The original programmers developed the software a few years ago to coincide with the methods utilized for proper data recovery. As long as the core of the software has been maintained then you should be fine. Another decent one is R-Studio. If you can't find something that works, I'd be willing to do it for you at no charge. Just pay for the shipping back and forth. You can PM me if you need to.

Wow, that's a pretty awesome offer!
    here for the music...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    You should recover at least 90% of your shots still. The memory on a card works in a way that it doesnt replace the voids left by deleted messages until the space is all gone, thats what i was told when it happened to me..
    I was advised never to delete images on my camera before it had been emptied onto the PC, if you take bad shot its always worht just leaving it on there, by erasing it, you leave a space, which may be filled by another file that was too small for the full gap leaving an error in the memory or they try to fit in a bigger picture which can have difficulties also.