met Eddie again last nite

pjfan98pjfan98 Posts: 54
edited November 2009 in The Porch
After amazing show I'm staying in same hotel as the guys (the. Yankees are here too as a yanks fan to have my two favorite thngs under one roof is surreal) ed was very nice told me a story about his daughter not eating her vegetables. She said to him I got some if you eat it. It was funny. Then I said he needed to go up and get some rest he said thanks and pulled me in for a hug. No shit I was florred. Anyway tonite should be cool h said they are gonna play for a while and have some surprises alhough he wouldn't spoil it to me. Thanks ed for another in a long line of memories and to Pete and Jessie for allowing me to chat. Bearded security guy. You're a douche.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    your are one Lucky MF!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    pjfan98 wrote:
    Then I said he needed to go up and get some rest
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Cool :)

Why dont people ever put in a cheeky request ;)
  • That is great, this is why we LOVE Ed and Pearl Jam. They are real people and don't forget the fans and how it feels to be a fan.
  • AMAZING!!! I am so jealous.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    pjfan98 wrote:
    After amazing show I'm staying in same hotel as the guys (the. Yankees are here too as a yanks fan to have my two favorite thngs under one roof is surreal) ed was very nice told me a story about his daughter not eating her vegetables. She said to him I got some if you eat it. It was funny. Then I said he needed to go up and get some rest he said thanks and pulled me in for a hug. No shit I was florred. Anyway tonite should be cool h said they are gonna play for a while and have some surprises alhough he wouldn't spoil it to me. Thanks ed for another in a long line of memories and to Pete and Jessie for allowing me to chat. Bearded security guy. You're a douche.

where are you staying?
    what hotel?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    pjfan98 wrote:

where are you staying?
    what hotel?

Four Seasons
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • where are you staying?
    what hotel?

Four Seasons

+++

I'm staying in my tent, under the Schuykill Expressway. No sign of the band or the Yankees.
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    LukinFan wrote:
    pjfan98 wrote:
    Then I said he needed to go up and get some rest
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: +1

met him myself once in '92, would love the same chance again some day... the whole band not just Ed.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Four Seasons.

You have DEEP pockets.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    citizen54 wrote:
    where are you staying?
    what hotel?

Four Seasons

+++

I'm staying in my tent, under the Schuykill Expressway. No sign of the band or the Yankees.

though you have a high likelyhood of bumping into Jane's Addiction there.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Veggies - Got Some IF You Eat IT - haahahah
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Yankees Suck
    In July 2007 Densmore said that he would not rejoin The Doors unless it was fronted by Eddie Vedder. Densmore says, "I play with Jim. If there's someone of that level, OK. I'm not gonna join them with Ian. That's not to diss Ian, he's a good singer - but he's no Jim Morrison. Eddie Vedder? My God, there's a singer."
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    CJMST3K wrote:
    citizen54 wrote:
    where are you staying?
    what hotel?

Four Seasons

+++

though you have a high likelyhood of bumping into Jane's Addiction there.
    in that case i am moving in under the schuykill exp. tonight! i love JA :)
  • Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    That's a cute story about his daughter! So cool you got to meet them. We are staying across the st and saw them come out yesterday and the secuitry wouldn't even let me stand in the driveway to take a photo. Ed waved to me from the car though. Can't wait for tonight!
  • cool you got to meet him

have fun!
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    Why dont you leave him (and the rest of the band) alone when he is at the hotel or walking the streets? Dont you think he needs some privacy?

If I would stay at the same hotel as the boys, Ill leave them alone, maybe just a thumb up I they should looked my way.

You are like a stalker or a paparazzi, this s**t is like the B side of fame.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Why dont you leave him (and the rest of the band) alone when he is at the hotel or walking the streets? Dont you think he needs some privacy?

If I would stay at the same hotel as the boys, Ill leave them alone, maybe just a thumb up I they should looked my way.

I understand your still caught up on the whole "Not for You" theme, but this isn't 1994. Eddie Vedder isn't the face of the music industry anymore, and if he wants to take the time to talk to a fan, should we judge the fan for doing so?
  • Jowas77Jowas77 Posts: 74
    Black-12 wrote:
    That's a cute story about his daughter! So cool you got to meet them. We are staying across the st and saw them come out yesterday and the secuitry wouldn't even let me stand in the driveway to take a photo. Ed waved to me from the car though. Can't wait for tonight!

Was is Queen of England or B. Obama wave ? ;)
    11/96 Poland (Warsaw), 06/00 Poland (Katowice), ED 04/08 Berkeley, 08/09 San Francisco, 09/09 Portland, ED 07/11/11 Oakland, ED 07/12/11 Oakland
  • Heleka7Heleka7 Posts: 66
    Why dont you leave him (and the rest of the band) alone when he is at the hotel or walking the streets? Dont you think he needs some privacy?

uh, did you not read the story? don't you think if Ed got annoyed with this stuff he would just have Pete step in and ask people to leave? If he didn't want to talk he wouldn't have gone into a story about his daughter and then hug the guy. Why do you have to judge another fan? The boys know who butters their bread.
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    You know what? I think stories like these are great. I am in the same hotel A LOT, and I sometimes speak and I sometimes don't. I try to gauge when it's appropriate and when it's not, and I hope I do a pretty good job of it. I met "somebody" over there yesterday, and he was as gracious as can be. BTW...Jesse is a big, serious dude, but I think he's a sweetheart. Good for you! :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    Heleka7 wrote:

uh, did you not read the story? don't you think if Ed got annoyed with this stuff he would just have Pete step in and ask people to leave? If he didn't want to talk he wouldn't have gone into a story about his daughter and then hug the guy. Why do you have to judge another fan? The boys know who butters their bread.

Im not judge him as a person, just the act. Maybe Ed liks it, wtf do I know. I told you what I would have done.
    Left them alone.
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• well he hugged you so he musta not minded. AND told you about his daughter.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Hey OP...I got to thinking...maybe take out the actual hotel name so your thread doesn't get locked. A lot of people love to hear these stories, and I would hate to see this one lost! :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • I am the one made the original post and have to laugh at reading some of the replies. You with the sweden tag who was critical, kiss my ass, you wish it was you. i was polite cordial and respectful and neither teh two large men protecting him or eddie himself had an issue. i hope you get the chance someday to meet him and make a fool of yourself as you go all gaga. thank you to those who supported and liked my story. you get it. i also NEVER posted the name of the hotel out of respect....somone else did in response to me so i am sorry that that came out...i did not want to spoil tha either....anyway AMAZING weeked meeting the band and the yankkees.....eddie and derek jeter within hours.....how will that ever be topped.....it was great to see ed chatting with peter gammons tooo....respect both of them a great deal......did i say AMAZING?
  • DempsDemps Posts: 102
    Funny, we were at the Four Seasons too. Saw pretty much the whole ESPN crew and a few of the Yanks (Cashman chatting up Valentine in the lobby was pretty funny) and I had a sneaking suspicion that the band was there, but didn't see anyone the few times we were in or around the lobby. Cool that you got a chance to say hey.
    I suggest you step out on your porch...run away my son...see it all...oh see the world // I wait on the porch...hoping someday I'll be let in

Springfield, MA 4/6/94 -- Boston, MA 4/11/94 -- Hartford, CT 10/2/96 -- Hartford, CT 9/13/98 -- Mansfield, MA 7/2/03 -- Reading, PA 10/1/04 -- Albany, NY 5/12/06 -- Milwaukee, WI 6/29/06 -- Mansfield, MA 6/30/08 -- Toronto, ON 9/21/09 -- Philadelphia, PA 10/31/09 -- Worcester, MA 10/16/13 -- Hartford, CT 10/25/13 -- New York, NY 9/26/15 -- New York, NY 5/2/16 -- Boston, MA 8/5/16 -- Boston, MA 8/7/16 -- Boston, MA 9/2/18 -- Boston, MA 9/4/18 -- London, UK 7/8/22 -- Hamilton, ON 9/6/22 -- Toronto, ON 9/8/22 -- New York, NY 9/11/22 -- Chicago, IL 9/5/23 -- Chicago, IL 9/7/23 -- New York, NY 9/3/24 -- Philadelphia, PA 9/7/24 -- Philadelphia, PA 9/9/24
  • I feel sorry for all the stars in the US that dont have any privacy, I have no intrests in meeting stars in private. I actually fell pity for them, not to be left alone. I wasnt just talking about youre meeting with Ed, all the paparazi shit you got in US is just shit. You can think watever you want of me, but why should i envy you? Ive seen the band live 4 times and like them as a band. Im not intressed in ther private life.
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• Cool story!

I'd really be interested to hear if any of Pearl Jam and Yankee players met?? I'm sure they crossed paths, we stayed close to that hotel and i know its rather small. Be cool to see Eddie chatting with Jeter.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • AMAZING story!!!
    "Any life is made up of a single moment, the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is." JLB.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

I feel sorry for all the stars in the US that dont have any privacy, I have no intrests in meeting stars in private. I actually fell pity for them, not to be left alone. I wasnt just talking about youre meeting with Ed, all the paparazi shit you got in US is just shit. You can think watever you want of me, but why should i envy you? Ive seen the band live 4 times and like them as a band. Im not intressed in ther private life.

468235091_f00bf390f5.jpg
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?