jamingjamersjamingjamers Posts: 383
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
my girlfriend is posting personal details of my life on facebook
this shits me
should i leave her?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I think you should tell her that you saw it and ask why she did it.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    so you post personal details of her life here? i'm just messing. like the person above said... did you ask her to stop?
  • i did ask her to stop
    but she has no regard for my wishes
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I think it's a bit disrespectful really, although I do put things in here about my hubby sometimes, but nothing he would be bothered about.

Yes the only thing is talking about it and explaining how you feel. Then go from there.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    brett0400 wrote:
    i did ask her to stop

i'd say that's a problem. how long have you been with her? do you see it going anywhere? that's pretty disrespectful if she'd continued to do it after you asked her to stop. the solution seems pretty clear to me. good luck.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    this seems like a weird question to me, er, i mean the "should I leave her" rather than something like "what should i do?"

I think if you're considering leaving her over that (of course i'm not saying that what she's doing is okay) then you probably shouldn't be with her...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    haffajappa wrote:
    this seems like a weird question to me, er, i mean the "should I leave her" rather than something like "what should i do?"

I think if you're considering leaving her over that (of course i'm not saying that what she's doing is okay) then you probably shouldn't be with her...

I agree that was my first thought *what should I do?* would have been my question. Seems you may already have your doubts about her and this subversive act of hers has taken you over the top. What she appears to have done is inappropriate and needs to stop, if she continues then put your foot down with an ultimatum. Either stop or we're through.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    brett0400 wrote:
    i did ask her to stop

then it's time to move on
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    brett0400 wrote:
    i did ask her to stop

i'd say that's a problem. how long have you been with her? do you see it going anywhere? that's pretty disrespectful if she'd continued to do it after you asked her to stop. the solution seems pretty clear to me. good luck.

I agree! Make it clear. Then move on.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mfc2006 wrote:
    brett0400 wrote:
    i did ask her to stop

These are my words of wisdom too...I'm sure you'll do what you think is right for yourself.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    haffajappa wrote:
    I think that is a mild overreaction.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    What type of personal details?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Seriously.. this is what I'm thinking.. STDs??? What could she post and why? Is she mad at you?
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Seriously.. this is what I'm thinking.. STDs??? What could she post and why? Is she mad at you?

Penis size maybe?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • could you please be more detailed?
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Penis size maybe?

It could even be a medical/health related, family issues, etc...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    does it really matters what it is? he is obviously upset by what she is posting and should respect his wishes and stop it
    norm wrote:
    does it really matters what it is? he is obviously upset by what she is posting and should respect his wishes and stop it

I don't think it's important. I also agree that his girlfriend is making a very disrespectful decision in doing this and then ignoring his wishes to stop. A significant other should be someone you can confide to, it sounds like she doesn't really understand that about a relationship? Or just chooses not to acknowledge common respect?

OP, imo it doesn't matter really what she's spilling, if it's personal and she won't stop even after you asked her that crosses a pretty fine line. Once again, this is just my opinion.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • norm wrote:

I think they were just trying to get him to do the same thing as his girlyfriend. Tell that specific personal information.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Penis size maybe?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • without she respect your wishes u dont go anywhere..so u must :wave:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    If someone who is suppose to be my mate, my partner, etc, is posting trash about me, I guess they aren't my partner, love, etc. Its over whether you know it or not.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Bank account details?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • :lol::lol:
    Bank account details?
    :lol:
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

I don't think it's important. I also agree that his girlfriend is making a very disrespectful decision in doing this and then ignoring his wishes to stop. A significant other should be someone you can confide to, it sounds like she doesn't really understand that about a relationship? Or just chooses not to acknowledge common respect?

OP, imo it doesn't matter really what she's spilling, if it's personal and she won't stop even after you asked her that crosses a pretty fine line. Once again, this is just my opinion.

I agree with both of you. I would have to have a heart to heart with her, and if she continues , i would have to say goodbye.

or

you could just start posting shit about her on your facebook ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • yeah, dump her. But break up after one last bedroom romp.
    "It's all happening"
    yeah, dump her. But break up after one last bedroom romp.

I'm with Indian Summer...show her everything you've got and then hit the road. You should just get out of the bed and say something like; "Well, I gotta go get some groceries..." Then, you're gone :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,950
    could we get a link, please?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    dcfaithful wrote:
    yeah, dump her. But break up after one last bedroom romp.

I'm with Indian Summer...show her everything you've got and then hit the road. You should just get out of the bed and say something like; "Well, I gotta go get some groceries..." Then, you're gone :)

Oh! good one!!! I'm filing that away for future reference. ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • brett0400 wrote:
    i did ask her to stop
    I made the mistake of telling my ex something and he made it a point of bringing it up every chance he had. Notice I said ex.
    If you can't trust someone don't prolong it. move on, or it will be 5 years and you'll be wondering why you wasted so much time.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"