Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Any Hip-Hop Heads?

191011121315»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 27,048
    can't forget the Fat Boys :smiley:
    RIP Prince Markee Dee 😢
    That's sad.  They were pioneers.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,306
    RIP Prince Markee Dee 😢
    The Fat Boys introduced me to rap. The hottest girl in the 5th grade moved after the end of that year. My family and her parents were friends so along w/ a bunch of other families we made a visit to see them in the summer '86 after 6th grade wrapped up. She and her friends played a Fat Boys tape. I'd never heard anything like it and was immediately hooked. It was a game changer in the music I consumed from that point on. The Fat Boys cracked the door open to Run DMC, LL, UTFO, Eric B & Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and a host of others back when Yo! MTV Raps was our best source of hearing/learning new artists. To this day I still play the song The Fat Boys Are Back around the house and, now, my kids enjoy it too. RIP, Prince Markee Dee. 
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Bell Gardens, CAPosts: 2,159
    jjflash said:
    RIP Prince Markee Dee 😢
    The Fat Boys introduced me to rap. The hottest girl in the 5th grade moved after the end of that year. My family and her parents were friends so along w/ a bunch of other families we made a visit to see them in the summer '86 after 6th grade wrapped up. She and her friends played a Fat Boys tape. I'd never heard anything like it and was immediately hooked. It was a game changer in the music I consumed from that point on. The Fat Boys cracked the door open to Run DMC, LL, UTFO, Eric B & Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and a host of others back when Yo! MTV Raps was our best source of hearing/learning new artists. To this day I still play the song The Fat Boys Are Back around the house and, now, my kids enjoy it too. RIP, Prince Markee Dee. 
    We are losing all our legends. 
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • KRS One & Jurassic Five trip lately. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Also, the Fat Boys were totally awesome! I had their tape with Wipeout on it when I was in the 5th grade. RUN DMC was my first introduction to rap though. Jamie Skutt, neighbor when I lived in Cleveland. Dude could scratch records! He also introduced me to The Replacements.  
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 17,855
    Who here remembers this jam?

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Also, the Fat Boys were totally awesome! I had their tape with Wipeout on it when I was in the 5th grade. RUN DMC was my first introduction to rap though. Jamie Skutt, neighbor when I lived in Cleveland. Dude could scratch records! He also introduced me to The Replacements.  
    jjflash said:
    RIP Prince Markee Dee 😢
    I LOVED the movie Disorderlies.  That movie cracked me up.

I grew up in the hood so I got to hear all the OG rappers while I breakdanced on my cardboard, lol.  True story.  Then I moved out to Cali for 2 years and was forbidden to listen to it by my older cousins so heavy metal was it.  I wouldn't get into rap again until the Beastie Boys came around.

I remember when my buddy bought the Fat Boys album and the Human Beat Box, Darren Robinson went off on it.  Always loved that.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 35,050
    I was listening to the Bloodhound Gang's song "Fire Water Burn" the other day. And I remembered and older song about the roof on fire. After some googling I found the original which I hadn't heard in ages. Didn't realize this song was sampled a ton in other songs like Chemical Brothers. Bloodhound Gang, Rancid, Quad City DJ's and a few others.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 186
    I just dug this little gem out of the basement.  Used to listen to this on repeat back in the day, but haven’t played the whole album in a really long time.  Still jams today! 
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • halvhalv Posts: 610
    Fixer13 said:
    I just dug this little gem out of the basement.  Used to listen to this on repeat back in the day, but haven’t played the whole album in a really long time.  Still jams today! 
    This album along with It Takes a Nation and Apocalypse 91 are full on classics. PE’s most recent album is excellent as well.  
    RIP DMX and Black Rob.  2 heavy hitters left us.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,909
    I accidentally discovered this guy a few weeks ago and I cant stop listening to his style. The ONLY issue I've with him and his songs are that they're way too short, they're mostly 2.5 minutes or less. Also hip hop isn't my first choice of music.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:
    I accidentally discovered this guy a few weeks ago and I cant stop listening to his style. The ONLY issue I've with him and his songs are that they're way too short, they're mostly 2.5 minutes or less. Also hip hop isn't my first choice of music.

Peace

Another White Rapper.

It's ok.  Not to be a dick but there are a bunch of people out there doing the same thing so you've got an endless supply of music to listen to.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 35,050
    RIP Shock G
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,067
    RIP Shock G

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero GalaxyPosts: 17,909
    g under p said:

Peace

Another White Rapper.

It's ok.  Not to be a dick but there are a bunch of people out there doing the same thing so you've got an endless supply of music to listen to.
    Thanks for the info, I had no idea he was white. I just listen to the music and his delivering style. I do not care about the race of a rapper, if the style and music works that's great. That's all that matters to me especially since this format of music is not my first choice.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:
    g under p said:

Peace

Another White Rapper.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea he was white. I just listen to the music and his delivering style. I do not care about the race of a rapper, if the style and music works that's great. That's all that matters to me especially since this format of music is not my first choice.

Peace
    I haven’t found anyone since 50cent that turned me on my head.  Lil Wayne, Kanye and Drake are all fun hell even Action Bronson I enjoy but nothing like that since.

• Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Bell Gardens, CAPosts: 2,159
    RIP Shock G
    Legend!
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg