Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Any Hip-Hop Heads?

191011121315»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 25,600
    can't forget the Fat Boys :smiley:
    RIP Prince Markee Dee 😢
    That's sad.  They were pioneers.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,261
    RIP Prince Markee Dee 😢
    The Fat Boys introduced me to rap. The hottest girl in the 5th grade moved after the end of that year. My family and her parents were friends so along w/ a bunch of other families we made a visit to see them in the summer '86 after 6th grade wrapped up. She and her friends played a Fat Boys tape. I'd never heard anything like it and was immediately hooked. It was a game changer in the music I consumed from that point on. The Fat Boys cracked the door open to Run DMC, LL, UTFO, Eric B & Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and a host of others back when Yo! MTV Raps was our best source of hearing/learning new artists. To this day I still play the song The Fat Boys Are Back around the house and, now, my kids enjoy it too. RIP, Prince Markee Dee. 
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Bell Gardens, CAPosts: 2,156
    jjflash said:
    RIP Prince Markee Dee 😢
    The Fat Boys introduced me to rap. The hottest girl in the 5th grade moved after the end of that year. My family and her parents were friends so along w/ a bunch of other families we made a visit to see them in the summer '86 after 6th grade wrapped up. She and her friends played a Fat Boys tape. I'd never heard anything like it and was immediately hooked. It was a game changer in the music I consumed from that point on. The Fat Boys cracked the door open to Run DMC, LL, UTFO, Eric B & Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and a host of others back when Yo! MTV Raps was our best source of hearing/learning new artists. To this day I still play the song The Fat Boys Are Back around the house and, now, my kids enjoy it too. RIP, Prince Markee Dee. 
    We are losing all our legends. 
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • KRS One & Jurassic Five trip lately. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Also, the Fat Boys were totally awesome! I had their tape with Wipeout on it when I was in the 5th grade. RUN DMC was my first introduction to rap though. Jamie Skutt, neighbor when I lived in Cleveland. Dude could scratch records! He also introduced me to The Replacements.  
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 16,922
    Who here remembers this jam?

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 25,600
    Also, the Fat Boys were totally awesome! I had their tape with Wipeout on it when I was in the 5th grade. RUN DMC was my first introduction to rap though. Jamie Skutt, neighbor when I lived in Cleveland. Dude could scratch records! He also introduced me to The Replacements.  
    jjflash said:
    RIP Prince Markee Dee 😢
    I LOVED the movie Disorderlies.  That movie cracked me up.

I grew up in the hood so I got to hear all the OG rappers while I breakdanced on my cardboard, lol.  True story.  Then I moved out to Cali for 2 years and was forbidden to listen to it by my older cousins so heavy metal was it.  I wouldn't get into rap again until the Beastie Boys came around.

I remember when my buddy bought the Fat Boys album and the Human Beat Box, Darren Robinson went off on it.  Always loved that.