Auckland NZ Request.. Black... doo do doo doo doo doo dooooo

doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Hello board. But really I want the setlist master's attention. Hello sir.

The Auckland gig is in just under a month.... I sent a letter a few weeks ago but thought I'd be a FOOL not to try here too.

This is the 3rd time PJ has come to NZ... once in 95 (I was 14 and not allowed to go to Auckland by myself to see them...funnily enough) and in 98. SO.. I've seen Pearl Jam once in my life... Wellington 98. If you direct your eyes to the setlist...Black was not played. It was played 2 nights after in Auckland.

My friend and I used to write stories about songs that we loved.. my 2nd song was Black (Spill the Light by Betchadupa came first because I was too scared of writing about Black)

http://ratpony.com/black.html

Anywho - half my life has been spent loving one song more than any other and i've never seen it live. I have this weird belief that if I turn it off before it's finished I'll be jinxing my chances so i've spent a lot of time driving around the block or just sitting in my car lately making sure it's completely finished....

I've seen lots of threads saying the commonly sung songs ..they could do without... someone mentioning black as commonly performed which blew my minnd... but my plea is that it's played in Auckland. i cant go to the christchurch show and i'll be DEVASTATED if it's not played in auckland but is played in CHCH..

just one little 5 letter word on that auckland setlist would seriously make my life.

My future happiness is in your hands. ANd I promise if it is sung I will sing along to the DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOOOOOOs as in tune as possible.

4074028357_c5e4aaab83.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i know it makes me a big girl but when the tour was announced i was sitting there listening to them and black came on and i burst into tears because

1. i could hear black live finally

but also

2. i might not hear black.
  • Black is potentially the greatest song ever written. I not even joking here people.

Please play Black in Auckland and make a little girls dream come true.

And still a child waits.....
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • Yeah give this DP girl Black
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
    Look, I even made myself a new less offensive post-it note avatar...
  • makes me feel bad for having heard it several times - it definitely does go off live. i always like to think that I personally started the do do do do do do doo chorus each time :D
    ... and DP - i love your new avatar!
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
    i tried to look as sad as possible.....

lots of people torment me when they go to see pearl jam - people in canada and australia...

"yeah... they played black.. hahahahaha"

and i'm all like...

"........... :cry: "
  • doompony wrote:

lots of people torment me when they go to see pearl jam - people in canada and australia...

and i'm all like...

you do look very sad actually - makes me want to donate money or something. have you got charitable organisation i can get in touch with? i really really want to support women's rights to hear black played live in new zealand!
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
    yes. invest in banners that say "please play black in AUCKLAND, nz" to the australian shows... and perhaps write them a letter requesting they play black for me and the 10s of thousands of other kiwis who haven't seen it live.
  • .......and still a little girl waits.......
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • doompony wrote:
    yes. invest in banners that say "please play black in AUCKLAND, nz" to the australian shows... and perhaps write them a letter requesting they play black for me and the 10s of thousands of other kiwis who haven't seen it live.

How bout a big bloody kingsize sheet with this on it:

B lack
    L ive in
    A uckland and
    C hristchurch for the poor bloody
    K iwis!
    i love it! make it happen and i'll be your bff!
  • doompony wrote:
    well that's an offer i can't refuse now isn't it! :lol:
    you'll get a friendship bracelet. it'll be black. it might just be a black hair tie but if you're lucky it'll have my hair woven into it... or... knotted...
  • doompony wrote:
    you'll get a friendship bracelet. it'll be black. it might just be a black hair tie but if you're lucky it'll have my hair woven into it... or... knotted...
    haha - that's so sweet! don't waste it though, as people would pay good money for that on eewbay.com - the site where people sell wierd gross stuff like body parts and dirty underwear.
    ha.

seriously eddie - if you and the lads play black for me... i'll do a free portrait of your dog
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony wrote:

and i'm all like...

you do look very sad actually - makes me want to donate money or something. have you got charitable organisation i can get in touch with? i really really want to support women's rights to hear black played live in new zealand!

Donate it to my tour fund and I'll pass it on to DP!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    doompony wrote:

Bitch! Oh that's right --- I'm your bbbbbfffffff!
    doompony wrote:
    ha.

seriously eddie - if you and the lads play black for me... i'll do a free portrait of your dog

Ed, she's fucking good too! I'd take her up on that offer.....after she paints me of course....
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

and i'm all like...

Donate it to my tour fund and I'll pass it on to DP!
    and what does this "DP" charity support? sounds very dodgy to me. i checked out www.dp.com and was surprised by the great work those girls are doing.

and what does this "DP" charity support? sounds very dodgy to me. i checked out http://www.dp.com and was surprised by the great work those girls are doing.

It supports my alcohol addiction while I'm on tour! Not dodgy at all -- def ridgy didge! 8-)
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

and what does this "DP" charity support? sounds very dodgy to me. i checked out http://www.dp.com and was surprised by the great work those girls are doing.

It supports my alcohol addiction while I'm on tour! Not dodgy at all -- def ridgy didge! 8-)
    as long as it all goes to alcoholic addiction support - that's fine by me! i'm considering alcoholism myself actually - do you recommend it?
    ZiggyStar wrote:

as long as it all goes to alcoholic addiction support - that's fine by me! i'm considering alcoholism myself actually - do you recommend it?

YES! However, I've just had 25 days off drinking....but I'm back onto it as soon as Sunday comes! Got to get back into fine drinking form for the tour! 8-)
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

YES! However, I've just had 25 days off drinking....but I'm back onto it as soon as Sunday comes! Got to get back into fine drinking form for the tour! 8-)
    ahah - wow, well done! i'd never do something like that to myself - 25 days! good call re form-building; it's as important as aerobic and muscular fitness!
    ahah - wow, well done! i'd never do something like that to myself - 25 days! good call re form-building; it's as important as aerobic and muscular fitness!

I'm trying to get fit before the tour and lose a bit of weight....and it's worked thankfully! That's the longest I've had off for over a decade! :?
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

I'm trying to get fit before the tour and lose a bit of weight....and it's worked thankfully! That's the longest I've had off for over a decade! :?
    great work - do you start to feel different after that long off? better or just wanting to drink more? i had great plans to go to gym tonight, but after a fucking horrendous day at work came home and drank red wine instead -> exercised the soul AND the liver, instead of just the body.
    great work - do you start to feel different after that long off? better or just wanting to drink more? i had great plans to go to gym tonight, but after a fucking horrendous day at work came home and drank red wine instead -> exercised the soul AND the liver, instead of just the body.

Nahhh....it's gone really quickly. I smoke a bit of weed still though. Not a lot though. Mainly weekends. Was very conscious of not replacing one with the other.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Nahhh....it's gone really quickly. I smoke a bit of weed still though. Not a lot though. Mainly weekends. Was very conscious of not replacing one with the other.
    been way too long since i had a smoke - although it's used in traditional cooking in cambodia, and i do believe in embracing culture completely - so tend to partake enthusiastically every time we head over. when in rome...
    been way too long since i had a smoke - although it's used in traditional cooking in cambodia, and i do believe in embracing culture completely - so tend to partake enthusiastically every time we head over. when in rome...

Fuck! I obviously need to live in Cambodia! ;)

PLAY BLACK FOR DP!!!
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Bump... bump bu bump bump bump bump buummmpp.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Fuck! I obviously need to live in Cambodia! ;)

PLAY BLACK FOR DP!!!
    you'd love it methinks - it's such a great place to get out of yourself and your troubles and gain some perspective.
    ... and yes, PLAY BLACK FOR DP!!! actually, how bout just that phrase as a banner ito hold up in the aus shows? too obscure perhaps? don't want to confuse them.