Options

Parking at or near Spectrum

BTMBTM Posts: 58
edited November 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey there-My wife and I are flying into Newark Friday at 5pm. Up until last night we were only going to the Halloween show, but I hopped onto Livenation and found tix for Friday. So now, I feel like we'll be a little pressed to get to Friday night's show. For those of you familiar with the Spectrum, is there a lot of nearby parking? I'm hopeful that we can find parking fairly easily and get into the show without too much fuss. Thanks for any info.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Should be no problem on Friday. There are lots for Lincoln Financial Field, Citizens Bank Park, The Wachovia Complex as well as several private lots. Saturday will be a different story.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Should be no problem on Friday. There are lots for Lincoln Financial Field, Citizens Bank Park, The Wachovia Complex as well as several private lots. Saturday will be a different story.

So... what's the story for Saturday?

Someone gave me individual directions to a private parking lot across the street from Spectrum from the Renaissance Airport Hotel, but now I'm wondering if I need to change my game plan.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,318
    CJMST3K wrote:

Someone gave me individual directions to a private parking lot across the street from Spectrum from the Renaissance Airport Hotel, but now I'm wondering if I need to change my game plan.

I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. The Phillies fans won't arrive en masse until about 5:30-6, when the Flyers fans will be heading home. There's a ton of lots (as the poster above pointed out). Just get there as early as you can.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Sixers also play friday. so traffic might be a little heavier than tonight and yesterday.

the Flyers fans not going to the WS or PJ should be gone by 3pm on sat
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. The Phillies fans won't arrive en masse until about 5:30-6, when the Flyers fans will be heading home. There's a ton of lots (as the poster above pointed out). Just get there as early as you can.

Do you think arriving at 6:30 - 7:00 gonna be a nightmare?
  • Options
    I mean...you might have to drive around a little. But the Phillies have their own huge lot (and a few side lots) that will accomodate those fans. Then you've still got the whole Wachovia Center/Spectrum lot and Eagles lot, and then a bunch of private lots all the way down to Front Street.
  • Options
    Do you think arriving at 6:30 - 7:00 gonna be a nightmare?[/quote]

It won't be good. You'll be able to find spots, just a matter of how far you will have to walk.
  • Options

It won't be good. You'll be able to find spots, just a matter of how far you will have to walk.[/quote]

Oh... no biggie. If we have to walk a few blocks, that's fine. I just remember Radiohead last year at the Nissan Pavillion when it was raining hard, and we spent about 3 hours in line waiting to get into the parking lot, and didn't get in until 10pm, even though we were in line in the parking lot at about 6:30pm
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Tailgating is not quite religion in Philly, but it's close. I believe a large number of baseball fans will arrive early . Flyers game , beginning 1pm ,will let out beginning 3:30 ish , unless game goes to OT . Figure 5 or 6 thousand cars, predominately in the Wacho Center lot. Add PJ fans arriving for tix around 11 -1 . Phillie Fans looking to tailgate from noon on. Hopefully many will be in "The Bank " lot . Moral of the story is get there early and park hassle free. Pre-party starts 12 noon at The Turf Club and runs to 4 PM.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    CJMST3K wrote:

I won't be getting there until maybe 8:30 (going to squeeze in some trick or treating). I am crossing my fingers that it won't be too bad. Thinking that it should be ok: Phillies crowd + Pearl Jam crowd should be about the same as an Eagles game crowd?

Not sure what direction you are coming in, but last night I checked this out: came in from 95 South, took exit 13 to PA-291 E, then turn right onto Pattison Ave., on the left there is a huge overflow lot. If you keep going on Pattison, the arena is not far from there, maybe a 5-10 minute walk. I am thinking that if traffic looks real bad up ahead, I would park there.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,289
    i have a question...i'm swinging down in a little bit only to pick up my tenclub tickets that i will be selling to someone else (face value, relax). i think i remember seeing an email or something about not having to pay to park if that is the case. or is my mind just in a haze from being hungover. anyone know if i can get out of paying to park if i am only gonna be there for a few minutes?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

I won't be getting there until maybe 8:30 (going to squeeze in some trick or treating). I am crossing my fingers that it won't be too bad. Thinking that it should be ok: Phillies crowd + Pearl Jam crowd should be about the same as an Eagles game crowd?

Not sure what direction you are coming in, but last night I checked this out: came in from 95 South, took exit 13 to PA-291 E, then turn right onto Pattison Ave., on the left there is a huge overflow lot. If you keep going on Pattison, the arena is not far from there, maybe a 5-10 minute walk. I am thinking that if traffic looks real bad up ahead, I would park there.

I'm coming from VA. I'm probably gonna check into Renaissance off 95 (i think) on the way, then head there from the hotel. ...better to check in at 6pm than at 3am!

I think I'm gonna park at the first available spot. How is security from the various lots surrounding the venue - for vehicles in general and walking to the venue?
  • Options
    getting from hotel to arena should take you about 10-15 minutes, not a long drive at all. Security looked ok in the lots around the arena, don't think that is much of a problem, especially with more people around - last night that overflow lot I mentioned was deserted.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I wanna tailgate before the show, how much is parking at the venue? I dont wanna park anywhere else unless theres still tailgating.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    getting from hotel to arena should take you about 10-15 minutes, not a long drive at all. Security looked ok in the lots around the arena, don't think that is much of a problem, especially with more people around - last night that overflow lot I mentioned was deserted.

Good!! Feeling better about this now. I hope SEPTA doesn't screw the city with a strike.
  • Options
    i have a question...i'm swinging down in a little bit only to pick up my tenclub tickets that i will be selling to someone else (face value, relax). i think i remember seeing an email or something about not having to pay to park if that is the case. or is my mind just in a haze from being hungover. anyone know if i can get out of paying to park if i am only gonna be there for a few minutes?

can anyone help me out with this?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

can anyone help me out with this?

As long as you are there less than 30 minutes and go to the Parking Refund exit, you will refunded your parking fee.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    never mind...i found the answer. if anyone else is wondering, here is a cut and past from my tenclub final confirmation:

6) ****WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND ARRIVING EARLY IN THE DAY TO PICK UP YOUR TICKETS AND AVOID LONG LINES!!! There is a parking fee of $15 upon entry into the Wachovia Complex. Upon payment, each vehicle receives a parking ticket. Anyone who comes to pick up tickets and then leaves the Wachovia Complex within a 30 minute window will receive a full parking refund by the attendant at the "Refund Gate". You must present the attendant with your parking ticket to receive the refund. The in/out parking privilege will end at 5 pm. After that time no refunds will be issued.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If you take a look at this map, option F is coming from the direction of the airport on 95 and that is the way I came in last night. The overlow lot I mentioned is the big yellow area. I am going to do that Saturday and park at that overflow or if traffic doesn't look too bad, continue on to the arena area.

http://www.wachoviacenter.com/images/re ... ptions.pdf

this is the wachovia website with the parking info:

http://www.wachoviacenter.com/parking.aspx
  • Options
    never mind...i found the answer. if anyone else is wondering, here is a cut and past from my tenclub final confirmation:

6) ****WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND ARRIVING EARLY IN THE DAY TO PICK UP YOUR TICKETS AND AVOID LONG LINES!!! There is a parking fee of $15 upon entry into the Wachovia Complex. Upon payment, each vehicle receives a parking ticket. Anyone who comes to pick up tickets and then leaves the Wachovia Complex within a 30 minute window will receive a full parking refund by the attendant at the "Refund Gate". You must present the attendant with your parking ticket to receive the refund. The in/out parking privilege will end at 5 pm. After that time no refunds will be issued.

I read in another thread today that the parking attendants instead of giving the refund just told the person to keep the parking ticket to come back later. maybe you could sell that to the people buying your tickets or just ask for the refund
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I read in another thread today that the parking attendants instead of giving the refund just told the person to keep the parking ticket to come back later. maybe you could sell that to the people buying your tickets or just ask for the refund

ah, okay thanks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259

You have to pay to park and then they give you a refund if you get out within 30 minutes. Stupid, but....
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I won't be getting there until maybe 8:30 (going to squeeze in some trick or treating).

That's cutting it razor-close, especially if you're picking up 10-C seats. The band will take the stage by 9.
  • Options
    I wanna tailgate before the show, how much is parking at the venue? I dont wanna park anywhere else unless theres still tailgating.

$15 dollars. Not sure if they are going to enforce the no-tailgating in the lot in front of the Citizens Bank Park, but there are plenty of lots to tailgate in.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

You have to pay to park and then they give you a refund if you get out within 30 minutes. Stupid, but....

I actually think it's really cool that Ten Club and the parking lot people are offering that. What are they supposed to do, just take your word for it that you'll leave after you get your tickets?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Yesterday I parked at the lot right next to Lincoln Financial Field. They werent charging anything. It was a little hike, but worth it to skirt the hassle
  • Options
    The only "tailgating" issue I've ever seen or heard of in Philly is cooking with grills. Not all lots allow that. As far as congregating and drinking, etc., it's a free for all.
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

I actually think it's really cool that Ten Club and the parking lot people are offering that. What are they supposed to do, just take your word for it that you'll leave after you get your tickets?

They did in Chicago. Set up a "ticket" parking area that would be cleared out by a certain time. A lot less hassle. I do agree that it is cool that they will do that though.
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

This is the same way many airports operate.
    If you're in-and-out and your ticket is timestamped, then you're obviously there just picking something up. I'd bet this is a system they've used before at this venue. You pay in advance, and if you leave quickly, you didn't use the parking that you paid for. Pretty simple.
  • Options
    If you want to tailgate, park in K lot. Entrance is on Pattison Ave directly between Lincoln Financial Field and Citizens Bank Park. Anywhere in that area tailgating in fine. There's plenty of parking available.