No poster pre-sale for Australia/NZ ...with GA...thanks

filthy_canvisfilthy_canvis Posts: 813
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Just got an e-mail from 10c
Hi,
There will not be an AU/NZ poster presale.
Sorry,
10c

And we have all GA down here with NO local parking so we could stash our goods. so no posters for me :cry:

why the bloody hell not I ask :!:
Bitch Be Cool 8)
BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
Christchurch 2009
Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    that fucking sucks
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    Absolute CRAP!!! :evil:
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    And we have all GA down here with NO local parking so we could stash our goods. so no posters for me :cry:

it's a bummer, but what you mean no local parking? QSAC is nothing but parking. if i drive and get a good spot i'm happy to store stuff in my wheels for people. but if it's still there when i'm ready to go and you're not, it's mine :lol:

but yeah, i'm still not sure how i'm getting there.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited October 2009
    Short notice, but is it possible for one person per city, to collect and hold posters for 10c members or distribute?

I'll be at the Perth show. I plan to be there early for the 10c ticket window and then the GA line, so I'm assuming I'd get front row anyway. If someone is willing to hold a spot in front of Jeff for me and my party (5 of us in total - 4 adults and 1 child) in the GA area (and obviously I'd need 10c to approve this and help me out) I'm more than happy to collect and then distribute 10c posters. I'd be willing to accept prepayment, pass on one payment to 10c or the appropriate stall for said posters and then arrange for distribution/collection after the show.

My brother lives within 10 minutes of the venue so I could pick them up early, drop them back to his house and then collect them after the show and either return to the gig to waiting 10c members. Or if 10c or Perth Glory can provide me a place at ME to store them for the duration, I'll gladly take care and responsibility.
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • And we have all GA down here with NO local parking so we could stash our goods. so no posters for me :cry:

it's a bummer, but what you mean no local parking? QSAC is nothing but parking.
    look at the web-site fish no parking on site only free public transport
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery

really??? what the fuck are the 6000 car parks being used for then if not parking?
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489

really??? what the fuck are the 6000 car parks being used for then if not parking?

Bongs, sex, burnouts, brawls and piss rings.
  • crazy mcrazy m Posts: 11
    first...... no reserved seating or space for 10c.....okay i got ova that :cry: then i here our local comercial shit radio station is goin to have a pj pre concert party with all the shit and give aways and early entry to 200 lucky listeners..well fuck them because the only two songs pearl jam have written as far as that radio station is concerned is alive and betterman........but hey, i have got ova that one......but now no poster pre sale, :evil: faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrkkkk me.....what next
  • that sucks balls and not in a good way
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
    ohh yeah....long time reader...first time poster... :lol:
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    crazy m wrote:
    first...... no reserved seating or space for 10c.....okay i got ova that :cry: then i here our local comercial shit radio station is goin to have a pj pre concert party with all the shit and give aways and early entry to 200 lucky listeners..well fuck them because the only two songs pearl jam have written as far as that radio station is concerned is alive and betterman........but hey, i have got ova that one......but now no poster pre sale, :evil: faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrkkkk me.....what next

+1 :evil:
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    In europe this summer they sold cardboard tubes for £1 or 1 euro with each poster at each show. I ended up with a few. In Berlin they stopped me taking one in to the arena but then let me buy another at the merch stall. WTF
    I'm bringing one half way round the world just in case they don't sell 'em at the shows down under. But I expect to have it confiscated at the first show in Perth.

Milan
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Oh this is shit.

What are we supposed to do? They will get awefully crushed. I want to actually frame it. And if we wait till the end to purchase it, they will all be gone.

Something needs to be done. Come on 10c, come to the party and help us out.

Pretty please
    pretty_please_cat.jpg

P.S I hate cats
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • crazy m wrote:
    how'd it feel? i was in the same boat - a silent player for 6 years until the leadup to backspacer and i started posting - am now addicted to the point where i don't hesitate to contribute to even the most pointless of exercises like "the word game". :D
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
    crazy m wrote:
    how'd it feel? i was in the same boat - a silent player for 6 years until the leadup to backspacer and i started posting - am now addicted to the point where i don't hesitate to contribute to even the most pointless of exercises like "the word game". :D

And whats wrong with the word game??? :?
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Short notice, but is it possible for one person per city, to collect and hold posters for 10c members or distribute?

I'll be at the Perth show. I plan to be there early for the 10c ticket window and then the GA line, so I'm assuming I'd get front row anyway. If someone is willing to hold a spot in front of Jeff for me and my party (5 of us in total - 4 adults and 1 child) in the GA area (and obviously I'd need 10c to approve this and help me out) I'm more than happy to collect and then distribute 10c posters. I'd be willing to accept prepayment, pass on one payment to 10c or the appropriate stall for said posters and then arrange for distribution/collection after the show.

My brother lives within 10 minutes of the venue so I could pick them up early, drop them back to his house and then collect them after the show and either return to the gig to waiting 10c members. Or if 10c or Perth Glory can provide me a place at ME to store them for the duration, I'll gladly take care and responsibility.

Hey, I'll happily hold a spot for you! I plan on being there super early for 10c tix then GA line as well, so I assume I will get to the front too!! ;) But I was assuming we had another entrance (was I wrong in this assumption?),....from the original email from 10c I figured they would tell us to go through a different entrance to normal GA, seeing as we go in early? But aside from that presumption, I am more than willing to hold a spot for you, because that's a really nice offer to get other people's posters :D
    I am catching train up from Rockingham so not really much help with regards to storing posters, but willing to help where I can.....
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    crazy m wrote:

OMG are u serious about the 200 early entries for listeners....
    Gees are they having trouble selling tickets or something...??

As for posters guess we will just have to pay stupid prices on ebay if we really want one...
    crazy m wrote:

Mate felt great........been sitting on the bench....but this post i read about no pre sale....well that just put me ova da edge :lol:
  • they will have tubes..in london they have a place to take for u give u a number and u could take it after the show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    aus_suz wrote:
    crazy m wrote:

As for posters guess we will just have to pay stupid prices on ebay if we really want one...

Yep.....and yes they are doin the "be the tenth caller and you will win tickets" :lol:
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    crazy m wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    crazy m wrote:

Yep.....and yes they are doin the "be the tenth caller and you will win tickets" :lol:

WTF?! Which radio station? Are they seriously going to let another 200 people in EARLY???????? Hopefully not as early as 10c ticket holders??? :?
  • You reckon that sucks balls...I could only get reserved seating in the stands up with the spiders...what's with these venues/promoters not providing wheelchair spots closer to the stage.

I was in the moshpit for '95 and '98 at the old Ent Centre which was fuckin' awesome..scored EV's guitar pick in '95...but a car accident in 2002 (leaving my arms and legs all fucked up) has meant I'm up the back all the time...thankfully this venue isnt as big as Subi Oval...I had to squint just to see the screens on the side of the stage...let alone to see the guys on stage...

Anyways, here's hoping for an awesome vibe at the gig....
    sideshow77 wrote:
    You reckon that sucks balls...I could only get reserved seating in the stands up with the spiders...what's with these venues/promoters not providing wheelchair spots closer to the stage.

I was in the moshpit for '95 and '98 at the old Ent Centre which was fuckin' awesome..scored EV's guitar pick in '95...but a car accident in 2002 (leaving my arms and legs all fucked up) has meant I'm up the back all the time...thankfully this venue isnt as big as Subi Oval...I had to squint just to see the screens on the side of the stage...let alone to see the guys on stage...

Anyways, here's hoping for an awesome vibe at the gig....

You know what? If your genuine, just stick with us. No spiders for YOU.

Also I was thinking maybe PJ could just let us collect our Posters from a selected venue, even after the fact...........
    even if its way after :roll: we want them in good condition.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    that does suck

perhaps it is because they are being printed locally in Aus/NZ and the 10c wont have them in their hands to process orders and ship out

you would think that they could work it out, but it could be the reason

dont worry, the 10c will have a sale after the tour-like next July ;)
    Get_Right wrote:
    that does suck

perhaps it is because they are being printed locally in Aus/NZ and the 10c wont have them in their hands to process orders and ship out

you would think that they could work it out, but it could be the reason

dont worry, the 10c will have a sale after the tour-like next July ;)

Just before Christmas would do. If they're printed here, sell them from here.
    We just want them sooner or later UNHARMED. :mrgreen:
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    I havent got that email yet anyone else?
    aus_suz wrote:
    crazy m wrote:

Yea, true. I don't even listen to the radio and know this is going on.And they may get more PRIVELIGES
    Who needs to win radio comps weeks AFTER tix have gone on sale?
    Those that regift them to horrible people :evil:
    aus_suz wrote:
    I havent got that email yet anyone else?

there is no email. filthy emailed the 10c asking if there would be one, that was the reply he got.

like i know it's a bit of a bummer, but we haven't been offered it before and people managed to deal with it. most venues should have cloak room facilities. just by one stick it in there collect it later.

is it really that big of a deal? like if 10 club said there was gonna be a pre sale, then changed the deal and said no well i could understand the out rage. but this is something we were never promised, it's only something they have just started doing for the u.s shows. it's not like it's been going on for years and all of a sudden 10c said, "no, fuck you aussies. no presale for you"

i think so people just assume and expect everything.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    they will have tubes..in london they have a place to take for u give u a number and u could take it after the show

just in case this post got overlooked. i would imagine it would be the same in oz. it seems like everywhere they are selling tubes, so that helps....and if you can check your poster to reclaim later, even better. only bad point is that with these shows being GA, it's....get a poster or get the rail. hopefully you go with a friend who can hold you a spot and you buy posters for both of you. still not ideal, but doable. i will say that both tours in europe - 2006 and 2007, hell even canada and the gorge in 2005....i had ZERO issues getting a poster at any show. so hopefully you aussies will be just as lucky.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

You know He's right people. Even though we all got washed along with that Poster Presale Thread, how did we ever get our hopes up that we would get something extra too.