Options

Do you true PJ collectors have Vitalogy (the book)?

UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Just curious to all the people who have far out PJ collections like reenk roink, blue VS vinyl, basketball ten, steel sheep VS promo, etc. Do you own a copy of Vitalogy the health book.

I realize it is not that rare since it was a commonly printed book, but I was wondering if people felt they needed it to "complete" the collection.
"pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
the pearl jam coloring book....$200
multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Urohawk wrote:
    Just curious to all the people who have far out PJ collections like reenk roink, blue VS vinyl, basketball ten, steel sheep VS promo, etc. Do you own a copy of Vitalogy the health book.

I realize it is not that rare since it was a commonly printed book, but I was wondering if people felt they needed it to "complete" the collection.

Someone bought me an inexpensive paperback copy of it cause they saw it in a book store some years back. . That said, NO I wont seek out an original or older hardback version to "complete the circle"...:)

ps...still need a blue vs. vinyl if anyone has an extra! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    i would love that book but i would like one of the old, uncheap ones, but for cheap :D hopefully someone out there has it in a garage sale for like $5...
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Indeed.
    Very cool book...it's got some cool stuff in it seeing that it was published so very long ago.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    I have one of the original ones

not the reprint
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I bought one on amazon a few months ago. It's a new edition and it was cheap. For the price (around $10), I thought I needed one.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    guilty :)

I have an "original" one .. i mean, the big heavy book, it's not the earliest edition
    this one is dated 1926
    This land is mine, this land is free, I'll do what I want but irresponsibly

#192XXX
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    No, personally I dont, its not a Pearl Jam item.

On that reckoning I would need to go and buy a basketball....

a sheep thats a bit twisted,

cut myself like the No code polaroid

pinch a yield sign....

you can see where I'm going with this

But I do have the hardback vitalogy notebook that PJ used as a promo!!!!

I'd rather like a blue V's also, but I will; wait patiently behind Scott as he got in there first!!

Oh and the ten basketball vinyl if that is what you are referring to, really doesnt come close to the reeenk or the v's blue.....
  • Options
    I am next in line for the Blue Vs after Paul then! :)

I did get the Vitalogy book, its very nice.
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Got it. Haven't looked through it in years...Funny book.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,866
    Very good funny read if you have some extra time.

I still need to get ishmael for yeild and give that a read. any links to a good spot to pick it up?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    a5pj wrote:
    Very good funny read if you have some extra time.

I still need to get ishmael for yeild and give that a read. any links to a good spot to pick it up?

Barnes and Noble
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    I got a perfect condition one from the 1930s for like $15 online like 4 months ago. I think if you search a little bit, used bookstores have them, and it's not a high demand item. Most of the stores that are selling that type of thing don't even associate it with Pearl Jam in any way, so you can get it cheap if you look. It's a funny book, but not worth dropping $100 or anything, IMO.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Urohawk wrote:

I don't have any of this stuff. I do have a paperback cover of the health book, fun read when your bored.
    Here’s a question you might need to ask
    What’s self destruction and how can we last?

"I cannot stop the thought of running in the dark.
    Coming up a which way sign. All good truants must decide."

McCain, America's scariest grandpa!