Thread for those who had/have family members called up

2»

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    He just posted on his facebook page that he should be able to take his daughter trick-or-treating. PSYCH!!!!!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    HeavyHands wrote:
    For your peace of mind... there is no fighting in Kuwait. Kuwait is not a war zone. The biggest threat he faces in Kuwait is a training accident or workplace carelessness.

The worst thing about this is that he will be away from his family for a year. He will be in no more danger in Kuwait than he would be in Mexico.
    He had to travel to other *theaters*, but overall yes, what you wrote is right.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Jennytree wrote:
    My bro-in-law is in Chad at the moment on a peace-keeping mission. He's getting on fine and while he hates it, my sister is getting on worse as she is left at home with three kids. The middle child is 2 1/2 and is waking in the middle of the night asking for his Daddy, every time the phone rings he runs for it thinking it could be his Dad, same if the door opens. He misses him a lot. :cry:
    It has probably been the worst year of this family's life. Within their house there is unconditional love just climbing up the walls, they just all mean the world to each other; mommy, daddy, and two daughters. Everyone is a trooper, and yet. . . the day he comes back will be the best day of the year. Thank goodness for Skype. I'm a big Skype fan now.
    Even though I'm a sister-in-law, and not immediate family, I'll be right up there with the families in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMlIM9zLio
    My twin and her daughters should be seeing her husband/their daddy face-to-face in less than a week, and he should be on this side of the pond.

Yippee! PSYCH! YAY YAY YAY! :)
    Wheels are up! My twin and their daughters should see her husband/their daddy before I go to work tomorrow :)
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Wheels are up! My twin and their daughters should see her husband/their daddy before I go to work tomorrow :)

Nice to hear. :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
    Earlier this week, my twin, and their daughters were able to drive to Norfolk to see him. As of last night he's in their own home. This phase of life is done!
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Earlier this week, my twin, and their daughters were able to drive to Norfolk to see him. As of last night he's in their own home. This phase of life is done!

It's a good feeling. I hope the readjustments go well. :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard