philly inquiry

gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
edited October 2009 in The Porch
so i have tickets for the show on the 30th. we are leaving ny pretty early in the morning.. show starts at 7:30 but if we get there early like let's say by 11 or 12 what the hell do we do all day?? what are the rest of you guys driving in going to do before the concert? oh and one more question, cab is the best way to go right? haha i feel like such a dork. but thanks for any help in advance!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    a cab from ny ?

thats gonna run you some ca$h, no doubt.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    for 10/30: its easy:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=108747

see you there!
  • gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
    haha no not from ny.. let me clarify... a cab from where we are staying which is 20 mins away? i just remember how chaotic it was in albany when we went to see vedder and i figured driving to the concert would be a pain in the ass..
  • EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Check out http://www.septa.com, aka public transportation Phila. You can get around to pretty much anywhere in the city (including the Spectrum) via trains & subways. Their website is really easy to use and you can completely plant trips, etc. Just have to know where youre staying and what you might like to do (e.g. explore Center City, etc) before the show.
  • viewtopic.php?f=4&t=115120
    This has Cab info and shit to do.
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    you can stay in my hotel
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
    thanks for the info! i'm like a lost puppy when i leave ny...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Parking Lot. Historic tailgates.
  • Perhpas slightly off topic, but I'll be in Philly for the whole week and does anyone know if there are any cool record stores in Philly? And if they are in the general vacinity of the venue? Just looking for someting to do Thursday besides recover from Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Uniondale - Apr 30, 2003 Camden - Jul 06, 2003 Holmdel - Jul 14, 2003 Boston - Sep 28, 2004 Montreal - Sep 15, 2005 Philly - Oct 03, 2005 East Rutherford Jun 03, 2006 MSG - Jun 24-25 2008 Philly Oct 27-31, 2009 Newark - May 18, 2010 MSG - May 20-21, 2010
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3-4, 2011 Philly - Sept 2, 2012 Brooklyn - Oct 18-19, 2013 Philly - Oct 21-22, 2013 LA - Nov 23-24, 2013 New York -Sept 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale - Apr 8, 2016 Miami - Apr 9, 2016 Philly - Apr 28-29, 2016 MSG - May 1-2, 2016 Fenway - Aug 5-7, 2016
    Brooklyn - Apr 7, 2017 Fenway - Sept 3-4, 2018 

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Perhpas slightly off topic, but I'll be in Philly for the whole week and does anyone know if there are any cool record stores in Philly? And if they are in the general vacinity of the venue? Just looking for someting to do Thursday besides recover from Tuesday and Wednesday.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/aka-music-philadelphia

This is a good one and in a great neighborhood to see things/eat/drink
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Perhpas slightly off topic, but I'll be in Philly for the whole week and does anyone know if there are any cool record stores in Philly? And if they are in the general vacinity of the venue? Just looking for someting to do Thursday besides recover from Tuesday and Wednesday.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/aka-music-philadelphia

This is a good one and in a great neighborhood to see things/eat/drink

Awesome man, thanks.
    Uniondale - Apr 30, 2003 Camden - Jul 06, 2003 Holmdel - Jul 14, 2003 Boston - Sep 28, 2004 Montreal - Sep 15, 2005 Philly - Oct 03, 2005 East Rutherford Jun 03, 2006 MSG - Jun 24-25 2008 Philly Oct 27-31, 2009 Newark - May 18, 2010 MSG - May 20-21, 2010
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3-4, 2011 Philly - Sept 2, 2012 Brooklyn - Oct 18-19, 2013 Philly - Oct 21-22, 2013 LA - Nov 23-24, 2013 New York -Sept 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale - Apr 8, 2016 Miami - Apr 9, 2016 Philly - Apr 28-29, 2016 MSG - May 1-2, 2016 Fenway - Aug 5-7, 2016
    Brooklyn - Apr 7, 2017 Fenway - Sept 3-4, 2018 

• Perhpas slightly off topic, but I'll be in Philly for the whole week and does anyone know if there are any cool record stores in Philly? And if they are in the general vacinity of the venue? Just looking for someting to do Thursday besides recover from Tuesday and Wednesday.

http://www.philarecx.com/

It's right near South St, which is something to check out if you've got time to kill. Get a slice at Lorenzo's while you're down there! It's on the same block as the TLA.
  • We plan on arriving at a similar time and hope we can drop our stuff at the hotel, head off to the spectrum for tix and then over to McFadden's for the pre-party set up. If there's time after getting the tix, we will do a tour around the Rittenhouse Square and mid-city center attractions. Hope to see you at the preparties.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

It's right near South St, which is something to check out if you've got time to kill. Get a slice at Lorenzo's while you're down there! It's on the same block as the TLA.

South Street Taco - buy a cheesesteak from Jim's, then a slice from Lorenzo's. You roll the cheesesteak in a slice of Lorenzo's.

These assholes call it a Philly taco....

phillytaco1.jpg
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Isn't the public transit close to a strike or something?????
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
    OGT92 wrote:

All good. That's just our way of saying, "Welcome to Philadelphia."
  • How have I lived in this city my whole life and not experienced a Philly Taco? I've had plenty of Jims and Lorenzos, whoever came up with this should have won the Nobel this year instead of Maobama!
    How have I lived in this city my whole life and not experienced a Philly Taco? I've had plenty of Jims and Lorenzos, whoever came up with this should have won the Nobel this year instead of Maobama!

Though you may be from here, lemme just say...."Welcome to Philadelphia."

By the way, it's glorious.
  • where is a good hotel to stay for fri & sat?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    i finally had a real cheesesteak before I went to Game 5 of the NLCS. Went to that joint on broad street right on the way to the ballpark, right next to that gas station, right off of 76....

Went the whole 10 yards with the cheese whiz, peppers & onions....
    It was very impressive.

Big tailgate on the 30th. Im bringing some Buffalo with me. Making some roast beef on kimmelweck sandwiches with Miller's horseradish
  • OGT92 wrote:

Yes. The Septa workers voted to go on strike, although I don't believe it's gone into effect yet. If Friday comes and they still haven't gotten the concessions they're looking for I would suspect this thing will actually go into effect. The city has announced that they have a backup plan ready to be implemented which would prevent any major delays. However as of last night they had yet to announce what that plan is, so everything is still up in the air. All I know is that if this weekend comes and Septa is on strike, with no functional backup plan in place, the stadium area will be chaos. I'm hoping we get some updates over the next couple days regarding this issue.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    MayDay10 wrote:
    i finally had a real cheesesteak before I went to Game 5 of the NLCS. Went to that joint on broad street right on the way to the ballpark, right next to that gas station, right off of 76....

It was very impressive.

Big tailgate on the 30th. Im bringing some Buffalo with me. Making some roast beef on kimmelweck sandwiches with Miller's horseradish

Yeah, that's Talk of the Town. Not bad at all.
  • OGT92 wrote:

Yes. The Septa workers voted to go on strike, although I don't believe it's gone into effect yet. If Friday comes and they still haven't gotten the concessions they're looking for I would suspect this thing will actually go into effect. The city has announced that they have a backup plan ready to be implemented which would prevent any major delays. However as of last night they had yet to announce what that plan is, so everything is still up in the air. All I know is that if this weekend comes and Septa is on strike, with no functional backup plan in place, the stadium area will be chaos. I'm hoping we get some updates over the next couple days regarding this issue.

bump for some updates.....
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870

South Street Taco - buy a cheesesteak from Jim's, then a slice from Lorenzo's. You roll the cheesesteak in a slice of Lorenzo's.

These assholes call it a Philly taco....

phillytaco1.jpg
    WANT
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    MayDay10 wrote:

It was very impressive.

driving from buffalo on friday, need any other ingredients for your culinary endeavors?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea