Options

Life can be so fucking cruel...

2»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    hope u are feeling better
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Hey Sian,
    Just wanted to check in. Hope your Sunday is treating you better. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Thanks guys so much, for thinking of us.

I had a good weekend, considering. We looked after Urbanhippie's older two kids last night and Friday and on Saturday we went to fancy dress party... becoming Marc Bolan for the evening was a welcome distraction.

Saturday afternoon I heard news that my friend's uncle had died suddenly of a heart attack on Friday. That set me back a lot... but I stayed strong for her.

I'm having good days and bad days at the moment. Today is a bad day. I just don't want to do anything and saying goodbye to UH's daughter this morning, before she heads back down to Bournemouth, was hard. I loved her being here and I hadn't realised how much I missed the moody 13 year old.

I'm trying everything to perk myself up though... I've vowed today that i'm only going to listen to old music, so Neil Young, Jefferson Airplane, Big Brother and The Holding Company and Jethro Tull are all lined up on my ipod ready to go... It may seem pathetic but it's little things that are getting me through at the moment. I'm safe in the knowedge that you guys are always here, that Dave's only a text/call away when I need him and work are being incredibly supportive. I know how lucky I am.

I'm going to a tai chi class tonight if I feel up to it, hopefully that might alleviate some stress and help me sleep.

Thanks again everyone xxxx
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Just to let you all know, Boris is doing well. He's home and things are looking ok for him. He's on a special diet and tablets but he's in the clear. This isn't to say he won't have problems with the same thing again in the future but we'll cross that bridge should we come to it.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,092
    Hi Sian

So sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time at the moment......things will get better

{{{{Sending you postive vibes}}}} :)

Love

Valerie
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Just to let you all know, Boris is doing well. He's home and things are looking ok for him. He's on a special diet and tablets but he's in the clear. This isn't to say he won't have problems with the same thing again in the future but we'll cross that bridge should we come to it.
    great news..keep on
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Sian wrote:
    It may seem pathetic but it's little things that are getting me through at the moment. I'm safe in the knowedge that you guys are always here, that Dave's only a text/call away when I need him and work are being incredibly supportive. I know how lucky I am.

that will all help you, enormously. i wish you well.

also glad to read that dave's dad is on the mend. small steps forward. good stuff!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    I can't believe how much you guys are having to deal with. My god. Enough is enough. You and Dave have been two of the brightest spots in my year. All of this coming to you at once is a testament to how unfair life can be. I know you're strong, though and I'm glad for it. There will be a time when you'll be throwing back pints and reflecting on this as "that one shitty period of time".

For now, this shitty time can fuck right off, yeah?

((((Hugs))))
    I carried a watermelon
  • Options
    have a great day with good news only
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    ... before she heads back down to Bournemouth

*giggles at Dunk trying to pronounce Bournemouth* :lol:

Hope you are having a better day today :) I wish I could do more for you :|
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

I am Jenny, thank you. :) (the memory of Dunk pronouncing Bournemouth made me BIG LOLZ! :lol: Good times... 8-):mrgreen: )

I'm feeling a lot better and a lot more positive now. As D-ream famously said, Things Can Only Get Better... Hopefully.

My friends are being a massive support and daily i'm getting texts asking how i'm doing. Dave is being incredible as always and keeping the smile on my face. I'm a lucky gal to have to people I have in my life.

I'm not too mobile today though, thanks to pinching the sciatic nerve in my back again :roll:

I'm about due for the knackers yard I reckon... :lol:

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    no matter how cold the winter there's a spring time ahead...
    sounds about right...;)
    happy to read things are, slowly, improving. has a lot to do with your own attitude, kudos....and yes, being blessed with so many wonderful people around you.

hope your back heals quickly, and life gets better and better.... :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Also glad things are improving a little. Bit of a bugger about your back, try getting Dave to massage towards the rear of your heels on the sole of your foot, it's where the sciatic nerve is in reflexology, it might help (plus it feels nice anyway).

Take care.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:

i do it with all places ending in mouth except Plymouth for some reason. :lol:

like to see you lot pronounce
    Aberdour
    Anstruther
    Auchenshuggle
    Athelstaneford
    Auchtermuchty
    Balluchullish

:evil: :evil: ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

I am Jenny, thank you. :) (the memory of Dunk pronouncing Bournemouth made me BIG LOLZ! :lol: Good times... 8-):mrgreen: )

alright already ya fuckers!! :lol::lol:

i will actually call it Bournemooth from now on :oops:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Aberdour
    Anstruther
    Auchenshuggle
    Athelstaneford
    Auchtermuchty
    Balluchullish

I'll take up that challenge ;)

Sian sorry to hear about everything :( ... bug hugs as always
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Aberdour
    Anstruther
    Auchenshuggle
    Athelstaneford
    Auchtermuchty
    Balluchullish

I'll take up that challenge ;)

Sian sorry to hear about everything :( ... bug hugs as always

I see your challenge and raise you Ruthwell?!!

I move to a wee village in 4 weeks.... wait till you see its name! :mrgreen: