Did you notice that Boom Gaspar

2»

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    aNiMaL wrote:
    The fact that he was not apart of the creating or recording of Backspacer, pretty much reaffirms his role as the touring keyboardist.

exactly.
    and even if he did participate in the recording, still would not necessarily make him a band member. many, many bands use musicians outside of their own band on recordings and/or tours. there is no bass player in the doors, and yet....there is bass in some tunes. peacefrog comes to mind.....brilliant.
    Just like the horns and string section that played on the new record, they are not band members either.

That said, it was stated already that Boom had nothing to do with the recording of the new record. All the keys were Brendan. But, i totally agree with your point.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    aNiMaL wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    The fact that he was not apart of the creating or recording of Backspacer, pretty much reaffirms his role as the touring keyboardist.

exactly.
    and even if he did participate in the recording, still would not necessarily make him a band member. many, many bands use musicians outside of their own band on recordings and/or tours. there is no bass player in the doors, and yet....there is bass in some tunes. peacefrog comes to mind.....brilliant.
    Just like the horns and string section that played on the new record, they are not band members either.

That said, it was stated already that Boom had nothing to do with the recording of the new record. All the keys were Brendan. But, i totally agree with your point.

oh sure, yes....was simply saying 'even IF'...but yes, know he wasn't.....but sure, you got my point. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• aNiMaL wrote:

exactly.

oh sure, yes....was simply saying 'even IF'...but yes, know he wasn't.....but sure, you got my point. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3m4gvJDrlo

go to 3:13. You'll see Boom on keys while Backspacer is recording.
    I'll ride this wave ... 
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Razor Face wrote:

That is rehearsal for the tour (performance footage), not recording the new album.

Not trying to argue with you, just trying to correct you; Boom was not involved with the recording of Backspacer. It was already stated in an interview with one of the band members. Brendan was responsible for all the keys on Backspacer the album.
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Razor Face wrote:

That is rehearsal for the tour (performance footage), not recording the new album.

Not trying to argue with you, just trying to correct you; Boom was not involved with the recording of Backspacer. It was already stated in an interview with one of the band members. Brendan was responsible for all the keys on Backspacer the album.

I stand corrected. Whoops. I was really wondering why they didn't credit him.
    I'll ride this wave ... 
  • This is an old post of mine that I like to repost in Boom-related threads. In fact, I see that it was once reposted by theoceanmademe. I thank him/her for that because you know this is exactly how it went down:
    And here's another Boom theory I have: I think Stone HATES him. Really, put yourself in the room....beginning of the Riot Act sessions:

Stone: Hey Ed, how was your vacation?

Ed: Oh great man....great.

Stone: Cool, yeah so I got some riffs, been going over a few things with Mike.......um.......yeah.....who's that crazy looking guy in the corner?

Ed: That corner? Oh that's Boom

Stone: Boom?

Ed: Yeah Boom. I met him while I was surfing. He grows his own weed. He's cool man...he's going to play keys on the album.

Stone: What?

Ed: Yeah. Look I gotta go take a leak but I'll see ya in there. Go introduce yourself to Boom.....he's cool man.

Stone: What? (Eddie exits, Stone walks up to Boom)

Stone: Hey man, I'm Stone....I play guitar....and founded the band and.....

Boom: ALOHA MAN!!! Where's the wine? Eddie said you guys always have lots of wine!

Stone: Oh brother....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    he should never ever be an official member of the band. im happy they finally took him off of in my tree...now lets hope they take him off every other old song too

2nd this and maybe we might get lucky and the next album will be boomless
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    He's been with the band, what, 8 years now, almost half of their career and people still think he's a temp?
  • He's been with the band, what, 8 years now, almost half of their career and people still think he's a temp?

he was not even in the studio for the last album. he is a TOURING keyboardist.

here are the people who got credits from backspacer:

Personnel
    Pearl Jam
    Jeff Ament – P bass guitar, layout design
    Matt Cameron – drums, percussion
    Stone Gossard – guitar
    Mike McCready – guitar
    Eddie Vedder – guitar, vocals,

Additional musicians
    Bruce Andrus – horn
    Justin Bruns – violin
    Richard Deane – horn
    Danny Laufer – cello
    Cathy Lynn – viola
    Brendan O'Brien - backing vocals
    Christopher Pulgram – violin
    Susan Welty – horn

come on folks you can't think real hard, rub your feet together and snap your fingers and make him an official member of pearl jam.
  • He's been with the band, what, 8 years now, almost half of their career and people still think he's a temp?

You hit the nail on the head. he's with the band...not in the band.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

bingo

i don't even see how this is a debate.
    I think Boom should sing on the next album. 8-)
    He's been with the band, what, 8 years now, almost half of their career and people still think he's a temp?

I guess that means they exclude him from their secret blood brother band meetings. ;)
  • You hit the nail on the head. he's with the band...not in the band.
    I guess that means they exclude him from their secret blood brother band meetings. ;)

no but they exclude him from an equal amount when he gets his check.

no but they exclude him from an equal amount when he gets his check.
    Maybe his review is coming up. I wonder if Stone handles the finances.

You guys do realize I'm poking fun at this thread. Its kind of like a who cares, they guy plays with the band. What are we argueing for. So he wasn't on the last album and may not be on the next. He plays with them. He is the perminant touring, on every other album guy for now.
  • Nshirley76Nshirley76 Posts: 10
    Hey wats all the business bout Boom?? I mean, hes coo...i love pj, nything they decide i thnk its great!!❤️❤️❤️
  • 6240806-1.jpg

What an a-hole.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Boom is the man...

Those Verizon text/message screens before the shows in 2008 were unnecessary...
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    At the end of the day, Boom gets to hang out with - and play shows with - Pearl Jam.

I don't.

I will forever be jealous of the Booooom!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    my2hands said:

Boom is the man...

Those Verizon text/message screens before the shows in 2008 were unnecessary...

I have never even heard of this before, but I think it's a fascinating idea. Especially if uncensored. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971

It's official that he's on keys on all the boots. Which is all that says. When you start seeing him in promo shots and being interviewed with the band, then it might be official. ;)

Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • I have always thought that the people who didn't include Boom were not real fans.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.