Did you notice that Boom Gaspar

Big As A MountainBig As A Mountain Posts: 87
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Looking at the cd boots from the LA shows, it has Boom listed as a member of the band! :D It says all of the band members on the sticker in the back then it has Boom Gaspar - Keys. :P So...would you say it's official, he's now in the band!
( OIIIIO ) It's about being able to go where most can't - Forget it, It's a Jeep thing!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    It's official that he's on keys on all the boots. Which is all that says. When you start seeing him in promo shots and being interviewed with the band, then it might be official. ;)
  • Looking at the cd boots from the LA shows, it has Boom listed as a member of the band! :D It says all of the band members on the sticker in the back then it has Boom Gaspar - Keys. :P So...would you say it's official, he's now in the band!

most live things do. the Garden DVD has him listed alphabetically with the others.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    he should never ever be an official member of the band. im happy they finally took him off of in my tree...now lets hope they take him off every other old song too
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    The fact that he was not apart of the creating or recording of Backspacer, pretty much reaffirms his role as the touring keyboardist. And he's great in concert.
  • The weird thing to me on this tour is Boom's sound level. I can see him playing the keys, but am not really hearing them during the show. It's being drowned out by the drums and guitars . . . which is a good thing :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • Looking at the cd boots from the LA shows, it has Boom listed as a member of the band! :D It says all of the band members on the sticker in the back then it has Boom Gaspar - Keys. :P So...would you say it's official, he's now in the band!

you gotta give credit to the musicians performing, that is all....Boom's status has not changed.....
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Booooooooooooom
    add's a great live element to the show. He has been there for 6 years now, so you people should be used to him 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • he was pretty much nonexistant at ACL. i didnt even know he was there until he walked off the stage.
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    im happy they finally took him off of in my tree

are you crazy....nothing is better than hearing the screeching sounds of an organ blaring from arena speakers.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    Crazy Mary with Mike and Boom trading riffs in the outro is one of the best things you can ever see live. For that reason alone, the world needs Booooooom!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • As sung in the great song "Animal"
    I believe the saying is "5 against 1"
    Not "6 against 1"
    :D
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    As sung in the great song "Animal"
    I believe the saying is "5 against 1"
    Not "6 against 1"
    :D

Yeah 5 (pearl jam) agasint 1 (boom).

Peace and best wishes to Boom - i've enjoyed and respected his input into the majority of songs he performs and think he adds a great dimension to the performance. I for one hope he always loves his time in the Indian Ocean.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    He would be an awesome addition- Join the band Boom!
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    Looking at the cd boots from the LA shows, it has Boom listed as a member of the band! :D It says all of the band members on the sticker in the back then it has Boom Gaspar - Keys. :P So...would you say it's official, he's now in the band!
    he was also credited as a band member in Riot Act
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Man, this keeps on coming up. He is not an official member, just a touring member. And I like Boom.

He was even included in the album art for Avocado but still isn't an official member.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    pouch15 wrote:

no, he's credited as an Additional Musician. :)

(had to check to be sure and when I opened Riot Act, I found my Singles soundtrack. now I wonder where I put my RA CD.. hmm. anyway, just thought I'd share. :D)

I really like Boom by the way. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    eMMI wrote:
    pouch15 wrote:

no, he's credited as an Additional Musician. :)

(had to check to be sure and when I opened Riot Act, I found my Singles soundtrack. now I wonder where I put my RA CD.. hmm. anyway, just thought I'd share. :D)

I really like Boom by the way. 8-)

You are right, I just checked it, I can swear I had already seen him somewhere credited as a member, maybe it was in Live at the Grden, or Avocado, but I surely had seen him before as part of PJ, I like Boom a lot
  • I agree!
    The weird thing to me on this tour is Boom's sound level. I can see him playing the keys, but am not really hearing them during the show. It's being drowned out by the drums and guitars . . . which is a good thing :mrgreen:
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    The fact that he was not apart of the creating or recording of Backspacer, pretty much reaffirms his role as the touring keyboardist. And he's great in concert.

He's not credited on the album but if you watched that preview video on itunes he was definately playing organ on "Just Breathe"
    I'll ride this wave ... 
  • pouch15 wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    pouch15 wrote:
    You are right, I just checked it, I can swear I had already seen him somewhere credited as a member, maybe it was in Live at the Grden, or Avocado, but I surely had seen him before as part of PJ, I like Boom a lot

I love the sound he adds. Also if you have the Immagine in Cornice dvd he's credited as a band member on the video and in the booklet.
    I'll ride this wave ... 
  • I'm not a fan, they should break up with him
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm not a fan, they should break up with him
    hopefully the band has a pre-nup. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    :: pulls out 'Boom Fan Club' card ::

Amen -- one live version of Crazy Mary is all you really need. I've hooked some haters on PJ after listening to the SFIII06 version! I could sit in a venue and listen to a Hammond B3 pumping through a Leslie for HOURS! C'mon folks, it's a mainstay of the classic rock-n-roll arsenal -- gotta luv the B3/Leslie vibe!

Cornice vid sequence of Ed and Boom in the church! Better than sunshine!
    [sic] happens
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    acutejam wrote:

Amen -- one live version of Crazy Mary is all you really need. I've hooked some haters on PJ after listening to the SFIII06 version! I could sit in a venue and listen to a Hammond B3 pumping through a Leslie for HOURS! C'mon folks, it's a mainstay of the classic rock-n-roll arsenal -- gotta luv the B3/Leslie vibe!

Boom's good and all, and I like his element...but I do believe there are some songs that don't need keys...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • theres nothing like pearl jam without boom no unneeded keys
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • acutejam wrote:

Love that sequence too! (Heaven Can You Hear Me Now .... I think?)

And I needs to gets me one of those 'Boom Fan Club' cards. I'd flash that bad boy everywhere.
    I'll ride this wave ... 
  • Below is the funniest thing I have EVER read on this board and it's Boom Related.

Mad props to Ledbetterman10. So funny.

Ledbetterman10 wrote:

And here's another Boom theory I have: I think Stone HATES him. Really, put yourself in the room....beginning of the Riot Act sessions:

Stone: Hey Ed, how was your vacation?

Ed: Oh great man....great.

Stone: Cool, yeah so I got some riffs, been going over a few things with Mike.......um.......yeah.....who's that crazy looking guy in the corner?

Ed: That corner? Oh that's Boom

Stone: Boom?

Ed: Yeah Boom. I met him while I was surfing. He grows his own weed. He's cool man...he's going to play keys on the album.

Stone: What?

Ed: Yeah. Look I gotta go take a leak but I'll see ya in there. Go introduce yourself to Boom.....he's cool man.

Stone: What? (Eddie exits, Stone walks up to Boom)

Stone: Hey man, I'm Stone....I play guitar....and founded the band and.....

Boom: ALOHA MAN!!! Where's the wine? Eddie said you guys always have lots of wine!

Stone: Oh brother....
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    aNiMaL wrote:
    The fact that he was not apart of the creating or recording of Backspacer, pretty much reaffirms his role as the touring keyboardist.

exactly.
    and even if he did participate in the recording, still would not necessarily make him a band member. many, many bands use musicians outside of their own band on recordings and/or tours. there is no bass player in the doors, and yet....there is bass in some tunes. peacefrog comes to mind.....brilliant.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Razor Face wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

He's not credited on the album but if you watched that preview video on itunes he was definately playing organ on "Just Breathe"
    Not on the album version he's not. Brendan O'Brien was responsible for all the keys on the new record.
  • HAHA, that's awesome, I can see that going down that exact way!
    I'll ride this wave ...