10/31 PHILLY SHOW-Best bar to watch WS Gm3 pre/post PJ show?

gcomittogcomitto Posts: 3
edited October 2009 in The Porch
10/31

Pearl Jam - Spectrum

World Series, game 3 - Citizens Park.

Where's the best bar, walking or short cab distance to Spectrum, where I can watch the World Series game for an hour or so before the show and where should we go after the show to watch the end?

Are there any good sports bars anyone can reccommend that are within less than a mile of the Spectrum?

It'll be crazy if it's Yankees-Phillies....

Thanks and see you there
Gary
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• last time i checked the phillies are not in the world series.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    last time i checked the phillies are not in the world series.

spoken like a true LA, we have no pitching, Dodgers fan.

edit, check that, they led the leauge in era during the regular season. :lol:

philly has just made it look like they have no pitching
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • You had better check again, because the Phillies are a mere 3 outs away from being in the World Series...FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR!!!!!!!! DID I MENTION THEY ARE THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS?!!?!!? Dodgers fans...sheesh! How many times do we have to beat them into the ground before they get it?
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    gcomitto wrote:
    10/31

Pearl Jam - Spectrum

Where's the best bar, walking or short cab distance to Spectrum, where I can watch the World Series game for an hour or so before the show and where should we go after the show to watch the end?

Are there any good sports bars anyone can reccommend that are within less than a mile of the Spectrum?

Thanks and see you there

For 10/31 either Chickie & Pete's like someone mentioned or Bennie the Bums inside the Holiday Inn on Packer. However, I would say that although game 3 might be hard to get into this place to watch on tv, if you are down at the Spectrum for the 1st 3 PJ shows, the closest place (and proud sponsor of the Philly Wishlist Pre Parties) is McFadden's Ballpark. They are the unoffficial post party place as well with Cover Band "5 Vs 1" playing after PJ on 10.27 and a halloween costume party/contest after the 10/30 PJ show on Friday.

http://www.mcfaddensballpark.com/
    ffa9dy.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Am I right that thats 5 miles away from the Spectrum or 3 or something
    not walking distance though- well not for me- kind of a buzzkill
    I suppose alot will have cars(?) not us though
    Chickies and Petes is 6 blocks and looks like a real nice place
  • SKELLERSKELLER Posts: 165
    last time i checked the phillies are not in the world series.

:lol: Now that's funny.
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
  • SKELLERSKELLER Posts: 165
    gcomitto wrote:
    10/31

Pearl Jam - Spectrum

Thanks and see you there

Seriously... don't waste your time.

If you think you're just going to be able to walk into a bar, close to spectrum, while the Phillies are playing down the street ... well... (and no offense) your crazy.

Any bar worth getting in you'll have to get their by noon otherwise you'll be spending, at the least, and hour and half waiting in line to get in.

Get a case, sit in the lot, and listen to it on the radio....
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,862
    I believe it will be nearly impossible to get into McFaddens

that place gets packed for just spectrum event

pre-load in center city
    train to the spectrum
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I don't see how you could catch the game before the show (game time most likely 8:30 - 8:45 starting pitch, concert start no later than 9) and after the show there will be most likely no bar (since there are only about 3 in the area) which would not be at capacity.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    McFaddens only if you are really, really, really, really early or Bullies on the lower concourse level of the Spectrum.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    Blind3 wrote:
    McFaddens only if you are really, really, really, really early or Bullies on the lower concourse level of the Spectrum.

I dont think Bullies will be open to the public. Just call it a hunch...
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,669

I gotta get my oil changed on the 31st, can anyone recommend a garage near the Spectrum? I know I could google it, and that would be easier than logging in to this site and asking.... But I figured I would clog up the board.

Seriously, why does someone on this board have to ruin everything? First it's ticket buying tips, now this! Does anyone want to know what restroom I plan to use during Bad Religion (at 8:17 PM) so the line can be that much longer?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    already then pre post party at the radisson tavern 17
    hopefully cabbie to spectrum
  • gcomitto wrote:
    10/31

Pearl Jam - Spectrum

Thanks and see you there

For 10/31 either Chickie & Pete's like someone mentioned or Bennie the Bums inside the Holiday Inn on Packer. However, I would say that although game 3 might be hard to get into this place to watch on tv, if you are down at the Spectrum for the 1st 3 PJ shows, the closest place (and proud sponsor of the Philly Wishlist Pre Parties) is McFadden's Ballpark. They are the unoffficial post party place as well with Cover Band "5 Vs 1" playing after PJ on 10.27 and a halloween costume party/contest after the 10/30 PJ show on Friday.

http://www.mcfaddensballpark.com/
    ffa9dy.jpg

Theres no way anyones getting into mcfaddens. That place is going to be a madhouse