Besides the music what's the most crucial element of a show?

13»

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Tipjammer will be in the college bar after the show looking for the eye-candy, scantilly clad ladies... :D
    LMFAO

or for evergreen

i kid i kid
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Metsfan... Where's my cookie bro?

Pretty sure I will be fully beer goggled by then so at that point it won't matter what she's wearing. As long as she's probably female.

***Disclaimer... I'm only joking baby. In the words of Pearl Jam... "I'll be... faithful... to you." ***
  • the sex after the show ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • st1st1 Posts: 143
    The crowd...
    - Not getting stuck next to the drunken idiots. I seem to be a magnet for them. The one next to me at the Bruce concert Monday fell into the row in front of us and spilled his beers all over two guys.

- Not getting stuck next to someone sitting the whole night.

- Not being sandwiched between the two.
  • definately the circle of people around you, and their energy
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    The sound system has to be top notch.
    I don't care much for the crowd actually, so as long no drunk fuckers stand next to me.
    And also the setlist.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    crowd comradery

please, thats fine if you dont want to stand up,
    but do not expect me to sit down much,
    if at all .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    other than the setlists it would have to be those I'm sharing space with.
    The crowd as a whole has always been good for me but what you need is people around you into it as much as you are and its an extra if they are really friendly too- I have met some great people.
    So cool when we all sing along a bit- emphasize a bit.
  • solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    Energy of the crowd
    How many bottles of wine Ed has
  • The availability of Tailgating at the venue. We love to barbecue, play whiffle ball and crank tunes before any event. The best was Reading PA, we were barbecuing on top of a parking garage and were approached by two policemen. Fearing the worst, they asked us if we were having a good time and asked to please not throw bottles from the parking garage roof. However, the Hartford CT federales are so amped up on themselves that it definitely chills the tailgate scene. I have had much worse problems at other shows there than PJ but just the anticipation of heavy handedness reduces the fun factor. The Hartford/Springfield crowd is notoriously unruly particularly at DMB shows where there is a toxic mix of young jocks and young stoners with apparently different agendas. This caused the municipality to ban tailgating at certain shows but the cops took it as a blank check to bust balls. It has calmed down somewhat lately. The absolute worst was the old Gillette Stadium at Foxboro. I barely escaped a night in jail after a Stones concert (many years ago). There is nothing like a tailgate at a Yankee Stadium Parking Lot during the playoffs, I anticipate one or two in the next week or so. But the absolute best tailgating is any NASCAR event. It goes for days and days! The only thing better would be PJ playing at the New Yankee Stadium, c'mon George, how about it?
    High and Inside, Low and Away