Options

people who don't get that the economy is not good

13»

Comments

• Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I fucking hate weddings.

WHAT! I'm always up for a good wedding reception! Definitely more fun when its an open bar!

Always too much bullshit surrounding them.....in saying this, i've only been to 5 weddings.....and I've had to do shit at all of them which is just a pain in the arse.

I'm not having a wedding....i'm getting married but no wedding for me.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    ZiggyStar wrote:

WHAT! I'm always up for a good wedding reception! Definitely more fun when its an open bar!

Always too much bullshit surrounding them.....in saying this, i've only been to 5 weddings.....and I've had to do shit at all of them which is just a pain in the arse.

I'm not having a wedding....i'm getting married but no wedding for me.

I've had a really good time at a couple weddings I've been to. The weird thing is I usually have a better time when I'm not really close with the people getting married. When it's a really close friend or relative, whether you're in the wedding party or not, you do get into all the bullshit. The last wedding I went was fairly fun, but I was in the wedding party and the entire weekend was just level 10 stress. I can't say it was that much work for me per se, but the whole vibe was just STRESS. Keep that relative away from this relative, make sure the bride drinks enough water, get your hair done in a ridiculous up do, try to get dressed in a single room with about 7 people while a photographer is snapping photos...and in some ways I felt like we were preparing the bride for surgery rather than a wedding, e.g. make sure she doesn't get upset about anything, make sure she eats properly...my friends were all snapping at each other and walking on eggshells around the bride. It was stress in a handbasket.

...though I have to say, at one point I was made to run an errand to the groom's room before the wedding, and I can assure you that the men were not in the same situation. I wanted to switch parties!

oh and regarding showers, yes, they're way easier to get out of! especially if there's travel involved. I don't mind baby showers as much as wedding showers. Babies need stuff, and it's not their fault their mother has to have a shower to get it (though I think men should be forced to sit through these things too!) But don't get me started on wedding showers, I could write a book about them. Hey, that's not a bad idea...