Options

Riot Act is better than Backspacer!

2»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    BF25394 wrote:
    The problem with the comparison is that the bloat on "Riot Act" drags it down. If "Riot Act" were 11 tracks, there would be a better basis for comparison. Imagine this track listing:

"Arc"
    "Can't Keep"
    "Save You"
    "Love Boat Captain"
    "Cropduster"
    "Ghost"
    "I Am Mine"
    "Thumbing My Way"
    "You Are"
    "Get Right"
    "Green Disease"
    "All Or None"

Then issue "1/2 Full" as the B-side to "I Am Mine," and "Help Help" b/w "Bu$hleaguer" as the long-lost 1994 holiday single.
    1/2 is in..cant put out this great rock song :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    breath123breath123 Posts: 397
    1/2 full is as good live as any song they've ever done!

I am mine will always remind me of the beginning of healing after 9/11

couple of other good ones.

Backspacer is great for what it is.
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    Riot Act > Backspacer
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,386

You're fucking nuts if you'd drop 1/2 Full, of all the shit songs you kept on that list! Keep Get Right, Green Disease, Cropduster, Ghost, I Am Mine, LBC... but NOT 1/2 full? It's easily the best song on that weak album and the only song from RA that can actually be a show-stopper live.

Nuts? Maybe. Or maybe I just don't dig the song that much. It's kind of a dirge. Anyway, there's no shame in being a B-side. "1/2 Full" is still way better than "Habit."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    BF25394 wrote:

You're fucking nuts if you'd drop 1/2 Full, of all the shit songs you kept on that list! Keep Get Right, Green Disease, Cropduster, Ghost, I Am Mine, LBC... but NOT 1/2 full? It's easily the best song on that weak album and the only song from RA that can actually be a show-stopper live.

Nuts? Maybe. Or maybe I just don't dig the song that much. It's kind of a dirge. Anyway, there's no shame in being a B-side. "1/2 Full" is still way better than "Habit."

I never really got into this song either. One of my least favorite PJ songs. I Hardly consider it a show-stopper.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Versus
    Yield
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Ten
    Avocado
    Backspacer

Binuaral
    Riot Act
  • Options
    MW183803 wrote:
    Versus
    Yield
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Ten
    Avocado
    Backspacer

Binuaral
    Riot Act
    :shock: :shock: CALL THE POLICE NOW!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BF25394 wrote:

I never really got into this song either. One of my least favorite PJ songs. I Hardly consider it a show-stopper.
    one of the best songs live..
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Riot act is a soul shaker... mmmmmm

Can't Keep > Gonna see my friend
    All or None > The end

....and yeah 1/2 full kicks some major major butt , but since backspacer is like five songs shorter, i don't know what to compare it to :D Must admit i prefer the rawness (equipment wise, vocal wise, ect) on riot act more than the polished 'put together' backspacer.. Then again, im in a riot act mood so don't quote me or anything..
  • Options
    I enjoy i am mine, save you, and thumbing my way, but so many of the other songs just don't do that much for me. Perhaps as some of you have said, I just need to be in the right mood to enjoy them, though I never have been that into Riot Act as an album. I can't just sit down and listen to the album in its entirety.
  • Options
    Riot act is better than backspacer.
    Backspacer is pearl jam's weakest album. imo
  • Options
    Riot act is better than backspacer.
    Backspacer is pearl jam's weakest album. imo
    maybe iyo but not imo :D
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.