philly HALLOWEEN tshirt

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited November 2009 in The Porch
i dont know if this is a good idea or not.... but since EVERY ONE will be trying to get these EFFIN tshirts and about 40% of them will end up on ebay or something and being sold for CRAZY PRICES. AND BOUGHT BY US... i think we should "join forces" and buy as many as we can ...then sell them to members on the board for face value + shipping..... im willing to do so...im going to have about 100-175 for MERCH ( i know crazy) .. im willing AND I WILL buy as many as i can. after i get a poster and what not... im thinking i will TRY to get about 3-4 tshirts ... AND I WILL ONLY SELL THEM TO PEOPLE WHO WENT TO THE SHOW..... i think its fare kinda like the poster deal PJ did

this sound like a good idea to you guys????

NO NEED TO GET MAD AT ME.... im just testing the waters to see what every one thinks

we gotta stick together
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• on2legson2legs Posts: 14,991
    :roll:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    IM NOT TAKING ORDERS......but i will think of some way to get them to people in an EVEN CHANCE KINDA THING
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    It depends, if you buy alot of shirts and I miss out on getting one that night, I'm going to be upset. I honestly don't know what the answer is... I'm getting to the venue EARLY for that show. I want a poster and a t-shirt.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    i say you guys buy extras in L and XL and let those crazy enough to run the philly wishlist fundraisers get a shot at em first since they wont be able to get in early and fight the masses for merch :)
    i know its tough .... but if a bunch of us get there early do our thing and try to get them ....like i said IM more then willing to sell them in an manor that is equal and fair to everyone....
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    i say you guys buy extras in L and XL and let those crazy enough to run the philly wishlist fundraisers get a shot at em first since they wont be able to get in early and fight the masses for merch :)

Oh, I will help you guys out no problem!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    although for some reason i think they will have a LIMIT on one or two per person... i think PEARL JAM/10c got the hint from us....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    I have to say I am surprised by how many people really care about the t-shirts
    its not like they are posters or anything :lol:
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    joe2468 wrote:
    although for some reason i think they will have a LIMIT on one or two per person... i think PEARL JAM/10c got the hint from us....
    yeah but did the ghetto vendors get the message? (no offense Philly)

I doubt it
    true true......
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    Tone wrote:

Oh, I will help you guys out no problem!

Carry on Tone!!
  • I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately things like this will never happen though...

That said, I'm down for an XL if you get this thing going. Unite the people!!
    after what you guys did in CHICAGO on the 23rd .. i would be more then willing to help you guys..... like i said i will try get as many as i can if i get four TWO OF THEM WILL go to the people working the fundraiser......

that fundraiser was great AND my first...and not going to be the last... you guys put on a hell of a "show"
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    They put a 2 per person limit on them in LA & SD, so I'd expect the same...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
    hey guys im sorry to inform everyone that i GOT THE LAST LARGE shirt...... BUT there was a girl dressed as a WHORE who bought about 15 shirts..IM NOT JOKIN .. and told me to my face .. " this is the easiest $1000 i ever made".... i flipped out on her and told her she was a C%^T in front of her boyfriend...he looked at me and didnt even say anything... so i then said ... YOU MUST BE A PHILLY FAN......hahahahahahahaha :lol::lol::lol:

i had all intentions of buying $200 worth of shirts for you guys.. i was so pissed...

AND FOR THE RECORD the shirts are not the same organic ones PJ have been selling....they are made from a THICK COTTON will most likely SHRINK ...so if you do get your hands one DO NOT PIT IN THE DRYER ..... ill gladly post a picture if the inside tag if you guys want it .. so you can use it as a reference if you plan on buying any..

once again i TRYED
  • Scott36Scott36 Posts: 109
    The 10C has their heads up their asses lately it seems. Why in the hell did they not put a strict one shirt per person restriction on these?! Furthermore, why such a limited production run? It's just stupid. Plus, they have had plenty of time to see the way these are being scalped on eBay. Completely ridiculous.
  • Wouldn't it just be fair to put them up to the people who got 10c tix for that night?? The atmosphere was awesome outside for a rockin' tailgate w/ the Phils playing that night as well.

I'm just sayin it would be cool since these damn scammers bought up tons of shirts.

Not quite fair.
  • zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    why didn't they just have more available the concession guy I asked when I got in said they only made 500 in each size for the whole show. I think with a little more planing they could have made plenty especially since they knew there would be a demand and they weren't sold any other night.
  • I have every shirt except Halloween. Can someone please hook me up? PM me if you can. Thanks.
    Formerly until corrupted RidintheLedbetterRiff.
    Do you think there is a chance they will sell these through the 10c?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    zappa99 wrote:
    Do you think there is a chance they will sell these through the 10c?

nope! none of ed's solo tour of '09 team shirts or the other pearl jam west coast team shirt's have yet to be sold on 10club. i doubt we will see any for sale.
    Well I guess if anyone has an extra XL please PM me. I pretty much donated everything I would have to trade to the Wishlist pre parties but I would be be willing to pay a reasonable price.
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    yea my brother saw someone buy 60 posters. he had to pay using 3 credit cards
    They still had posters but when i got in the spectrum tshirts and Phillies shirts were gone, the guy behind the counter said people were buying them 10 at a time he hadn't seen anything like it before. He said some kid had got elbowed in the face and got a bloody nose in his line waiting for a shirt.
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    yea my brother saw someone buy 60 posters. he had to pay using 3 credit cards

why would somone buy 60 posters ...now that just sounds crazy....
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    I have an extra XL, but I'm looking to trade for a Sonics or a Portland shirt (XXL) or a West Coast poster...
    I'm guessing ebay is the only way to go on this one
    i hate to say it but i think so......although i dont under stand why they are so sought after...... im a poster guy myself... im thinking of trading it for a poster .. i gotta look at what i got and need ... im looking to finish my NEOCON set