Paranormal Activity

2»

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    I saw it a few months ago in the theater. It was a step up from the Blair Witch Project. Had I not seen any previews for it I would have been more impressed. Most of the scary parts were shown during the previews though. Also I was expecting to be scared so maybe expecting it I wasn't? Some of the parts were pretty lame like when the guy found the picture in the attic. Also the "psychic" guy was pretty bad especially at the end and when the couple found someone who just happened to have the exact same thing happen to them in one day? There were some good parts I liked. The effects were pretty cool and the couple was pretty good acting.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Putting self in movie time...

All I know if I had a girlfriend who was stalked by demons, and see that kind of thing happen in my bedroom...

I would leave her soooooo fast!

I'd see that door move and I'M OUT!!!!! :lol:
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I Finaly watched this last night, in the home theatre with all the lights out.

It just didn't do it for me. The scariest thing was the acting! The concept was good, but I think it could have been alot more menacing than it was.

I thought 'The Ring' was creepy for the way she moved and the same with 'Splinter'.
    ' Seek' was scary too.
    'The Entity', 'Poltergeist' and of course ' Amitiville Horror' were scary as they were based on REAL life accounts.

Anyone know of any good " Paranormal " scary movies you can reccomend? They are my Favourite. :D
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    It looks like you listed all the good ones. I liked the newer Amityville that came out a few years ago. Poltergiest set the standard and nothing has come close.

Paranormal Activity IMO was all hype. They had a ton of potential with this idea, but didnt really deliver too much. I am a wuss, am scared of the dark, and this movie didnt "stick with me" like I thought it would have listening to all the hype and seeing the idiots in the theaters in the commercials.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Jo wrote:
    I Finaly watched this last night, in the home theatre with all the lights out.

It just didn't do it for me. The scariest thing was the acting! The concept was good, but I think it could have been alot more menacing than it was.

I thought 'The Ring' was creepy for the way she moved and the same with 'Splinter'.
    ' Seek' was scary too.
    'The Entity', 'Poltergeist' and of course ' Amitiville Horror' were scary as they were based on REAL life accounts.

Anyone know of any good " Paranormal " scary movies you can reccomend? They are my Favourite. :D
    I thought the Ring was bad. I didn't find it scary at all. I could barely sit through it. Paranormal Activity was ok, but I wouldn't watch it again. It was way overhyped..

Poltergeist on the other hand, the first one where Spielberg was the producer, is one of the scariest movie's ever. Classic. I hope they don't remake it like they're saying. It is in no way outdated.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited April 2010
    dumbest fuckin film i have ever saw.
    complete shit.
    was not scary.
    and i can't believe people like it.
    seriously folks, what gives, i don't get it?
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    Just got back from the video rental store about an hour ago. I had heard about the movie before, the apparent "True Events" thing had intrigued me, then found out it was fake. So didn't want to rush to see it and heard it was not very good.
    Had the video in my hand, but eventually set it back on the shelf. Now after reading about what many of you have posted, I'm wishing I had picked it up. :(
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    chadwick wrote:
    dumbest fuckin film i have ever saw.
    complete shit.
    was not scary.
    and i can't believe people like it.
    seriously folks, what gives, i don't get it?

I agree it is a piece of shit!!!!

my m8 and me were just laughing our heads off in the cinema because of how bad it really was!

Fuck all happens in it apart from the end when the guy gets thrown into the camera, :roll:

Just a rubbish film!!!!!! :|
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates