Paranormal Activity

Happy JackHappy Jack Posts: 207
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone seen this? is it online somewhere?
8/17/98
8/15/00
8/18/00
8/20/00
6/22/03
10/2/04
8/5/07
8/23/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I want to see this. Not playing in my area at the moment.
  • ghostbusters-ray-egon-peter.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    ghostbusters-ray-egon-peter.jpg

egon is on my shortlist of potential halloween costumes this year. i'm thinking that, indiana jones, or alcoholic superman.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    egon spengler is my hero.

fact.
  • i saw it. dont wait for the dvd. see it in the theater. you will jump out of your seat. and then check all the rooms in your house before you go to bed that night.
  • egon spengler is my hero.

fact.

print is dead

fact.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • this movie was the lead story on cnn.com today.
  • I saw this film a couple days ago. I would agree with a previous post that stated if you choose to see it, see it in a cinema. I won't get into the details of the film, but I will say this film has captured something that most modern horror films have forgotten; suspense. Most modern horror films are so formulaic that you realize when someone goes to investigate a noise, they will discover it was a cat only to turn around to have the masked killer standing behind them, etc., etc. This film does not follow any formula leaving the viewer more on edge. There are also no over the top gore shots similar to the scenes you would see in the Saw franchise.

Basically I'll put it like this.... When I saw Rob Zombie's Halloween II, I went home and thought nothing of it for the rest of the night. When I saw Paranormal Activity, I went home and became somewhat petrified every time I heard a noise in the house.

That's my two cents. I enjoyed the film.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    I have a friend who saw it, he said his friend felt disturbed for a few days afterward, and that some people got up and left in the middle of the movie because they couldn't handle it.

He went to see it for a second time last week. He also said it was more of an experience rather than something that is just watched.

I'm not a fan of feeling scared so I'm staying far away frm this one.

P.S: the way this movie is getting showings in theaters is based off of voiced demand, so E-mail or call your local theatre and let them know you want to see it.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • I have a friend who saw it, he said his friend felt disturbed for a few days afterward, and that some people got up and left in the middle of the movie because they couldn't handle it.

He went to see it for a second time last week. He also said it was more of an experience rather than something that is just watched.

I'm not a fan of feeling scared so I'm staying far away frm this one.

P.S: the way this movie is getting showings in theaters is based off of voiced demand, so E-mail or call your local theatre and let them know you want to see it.

I'm exactly the same way as you. I'm a head case with anything paranormal, but I'm also fantastically fanatic about it... Double edge sword. If I saw it I'd be screwed up for weeks.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I really wanna see this movie now. Every time I read up on this movie all I hear is how it actually is really scary. Hardly anyone has said that it wasn't scary. I can't wait to see it.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Sounds like my kind of movie! I've never even heard of it!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    just wanted to chime in here after seeing this movie on saturday.

it did not scare the crap out of me, but it did keep me in suspense and left me wanting more.

to me that is key, leave me wanting more. it accomplished that for sure.

it was well done. only complaint, is that i did not like the guy in it. i was hoping bad things would happen to him by the midway point of the movie.

overall, very cool, it does what you expect it to do going in.

on last thing, to me the best part was 3 or 4 hours later thinking about it and getting chills ;) and the next day still thinking it was a cool movie.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i read in the wall street journal, they spent 15K on production :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited October 2009
    81 wrote:
    i read in the wall street journal, they spent 15K on production :shock:

oh yeah, you can tell that it didnt cost much to make. but that is what makes it creepy.

it was done very well.
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • I saw it Saturday night it was really good but really scary!
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    all these reviews seem like this thread can be titled "the blair witch project", no? never saw that one though
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    I saw it this past weekend.... I thought they did a good job filming the movie but I was hoping it would be one of those films that stuck with me and it just wasn't. The film went one way and I wish it would have gone another. The ending (even being Spielberg inspired) was predictable and when it was over, my first reaction was, "that's it? THAT was the big ending that has left audiences visibly disturbed as they left the theater, seriously?"

I hate blood & guts films but I'm a sucker for a great scary movie. Unfortunately, this film was not it.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Brony wrote:
    all these reviews seem like this thread can be titled "the blair witch project", no? never saw that one though

i can only pray that it does not suck as much as blair witch (worst movie ever)

i'll only be seeing this one if it's the back half of a double feature
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Brony wrote:

i can only pray that it does not suck as much as blair witch (worst movie ever)

i'll only be seeing this one if it's the back half of a double feature

well, if it helps you out at all, I hated Blair witch. you are right, worst movie ever !!

but Paranormal Activity is decent.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • We watched it on Saturday night...

It was decent. Better than the hacker/slasher horror movies that become more funny than scary after a while.

I got tired of the daytime stuff, but the actors were good together.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • the people voted to get this to the big theaters.

i'm interested and will go see.
    my guy will be pleased. he's always trying to get me to see horror flicks.
    i'm not scared, i just think they are all dumb.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• My husband hated this movie.

I was/am terrified by it. :lol: I tend to get really freaked out at night, usually more because of real stories I hear on the news, etc...but something about this movie has stayed with me and it is fucking me up! :shock: I had a hell of a time sleeping the night I watched it, and the night after that wasn't much better. Last night was the first night I was brave enough to be the last one upstairs and turn off all the lights, etc...

There are a million things to criticize about this movie as a whole, but I seriously enjoyed watching it and it absolutely terrified me, so I give it many kudos for that. My heart was pounding the whole time.
  • I thought it was by far one of the best scary movies I've seen in recent years. Actually got a few spine chills during the movie....which isn't common for me.
    "It's all happening"
  • worst. movie. ever.

I'll give 'em props for trying something a little different, but it wasn't even scary.

They are trusting that the viewer believes they are watching actual footage. If you don't let yourself go there and think you're just watching actors, it isn't scary AT ALL.

It's really just a spin (and not a very good one) on Blair Witch Project.

Anyone else seen it in the last couple days?
  • jwhite173 wrote:
    They are trusting that the viewer believes they are watching actual footage. If you don't let yourself go there and think you're just watching actors, it isn't scary AT ALL.

Exactly right...

My wife was freaked out by it because she thought that it was a true story... even after learning that it was an acted movie, she was still freaked out (maybe you can't be un-freaked out, once you are? :) )
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I keep hearing how scary it is. My bf wouldn't even go with me because people he knew said it was disturbing. They said they couldn't even go to bed after watching it.

Now I really want to see it. :P
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • jwhite173 wrote:
    worst. movie. ever.

I'll give 'em props for trying something a little different, but it wasn't even scary.

It's really just a spin (and not a very good one) on Blair Witch Project.

Anyone else seen it in the last couple days?

I'm curious as to what you think are some good scary movies? Isn't the point of going to a movie to escape from reality a little bit, and let your imagination wonder? If you can't do that I doubt you've ever enjoyed any fictional movie.
    "It's all happening"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    I just got done watching it.

I thought it was decent. Definitely better than any other scary movie that has come out in a while...
    Predictable ending (and the additional ending on the Blu-ray or DVD wasn't any better).

Since I don't believe in ghosts, I was never really scared, but having my sound system on pretty high, some of the "jump moments" did just that...but that was more being spooked by a loud noise rather than what was happening on the screen.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I thought it was good. The last scene scared the shit out of me, but I was left thinking there should have been more or a better twist. It could have been ten minutes longer. Like mentioned, it was kind of predictable, but still creepy.

Also, I liked the Blair Witch. It was overhyped back in the day, but it had me going. I'd have to rewatch it to compare, but I liked the ending better from what I remember. Only bad thing was the shaky camera which gave me a headache.