Be careful! FAKE team shirts on the bay!

2»

Comments

• bump cause this person is still selling fake la dodgers shirts on ebay.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    again they are not fake

proper word would be bootleg

second is if 10C doesn't care why do you
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    KDH12 wrote:
    again they are not fake

proper word would be bootleg

second is if 10C doesn't care why do you

I personally would not want a bootleg. Therefore if someone knew of a bootleg item being sold, it would be appreciated by me if they let me know.

To me that is a good reason to care enough to post about it.
  • i care cause some people dont read the description and think they are actually buying the real thing. yes, we could consider those people gullible. but still...

what do you care that i care? your auctions?
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    I thought 10C member boycotted eBay...guess not...lol...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    Songburst wrote:
    I agree with you when it comes to the quality of the shirts, however, the one I got last night is a lot better than those I have purchased in the past. I washed it already and it came out looking/feeling a lot better than my other PJ tour shirts. I also bought one at LA 1 and it appears to be a lot better quality than some of my other PJ merch shirts I have bought
    The last decent quality merch that I bought on tour was in 2003 and I don't know why I keep wasting money on it -- must be a disease. Even the 10C shirts that I have bought lately (2006 LA poster, reaper, black gold, etc) have been shit quality shirts. One man can only wear so many Bandwagon tees.

You should look into the Ames Bros. Shirts that are in the store, awesome quality.
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Actually... I don't mind.
    I mean, it's partly OUR fault. We are the idiots handing over 300 bucks for a 35 dollar t-shirt.
    We are the reasons WHY people see dollar signs... why a 6'5", 275 lb. man buys the 12 remaining small Dodgers shirts.
    We deserve it because... we are fucking idiots.
    I say... fuck it. I like the Dodgers... and I like Pearl Jam. And I like the Pearl Jam Dodgers shirt. Maybe I'll pick one up... I don't care if it's a knock off. I'm not going to prolong these idiotic, inflated prices. I just want a fucking T-shirt.
    If I paid 300 bucks for one... a Pearl Jam T-shirt would be the most expensive thing in my entire wardrobe.
    Fuck that. I am not an idiot.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    jcfranz wrote:
    You should look into the Ames Bros. Shirts that are in the store, awesome quality.
    Thanks. I don't like the look of those Ames shirts though.

Most of the shirts I bought from the 10C site (Bandwagon, Old West, Brown Reaper, LBC, Killer, Green Disease) are good quality shirts. It was the batch of shirts in 2006 that were crap quality (and all of the tour T's post-2003 have been useless).
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    i care cause some people dont read the description and think they are actually buying the real thing. yes, we could consider those people gullible. but still...

what do you care that i care? your auctions?

seriously

I am not necessarily happy that someone is selling bootleg shirts

but hey if you are dumb enough to buy something on ebay without reading the description then you get what you deserve.
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,908
    Caveat Emptor,...

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    My favorite PJ shirt ever was bootleg. Tiedyed with the binaural head on the front and the star thingy on the Binaural cover. Thing is a rag now. Bought it in the Deer Creek parking lot after the show in 2000 for $10. They were goin for $25 inside.

Regarding the quality of the shirts...... The Alive guy show specific shirts are kinda average quality, but my "Cubs" shirt and the red sorta chinese character shirt are both pretty thick tshirts.

The prices are always ridiculous, just like any other souvenir type of crap you get anywhere.
  • I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but someone is selling the parking lot t shirt on ebay for $66 bucks. This is insane!!!
  • I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but someone is selling the parking lot t shirt on ebay for $66 bucks. This is insane!!!

I got a couple of those after the show.
    I gotta say they are better quality than what inside.
  • IMO the 10C could have helped to avoid this kind of nonsense by not making the sports-themed shirts limited. Just a freakin stupid idea all around. You make a product that you know right from the get go are going to be in high demand. The fans get screwed at the merch table because there's not enough to go around. Douchebags buy a bunch of them, turn around and sell them on ebay for $300, and then OTHER douchebags start copying the shirts, and selling them on ebay where the same fans are getting screwed AGAIN because they couldn't buy them the night of the show, and they couldn't afford the $300 for the real ones. Why the fuck would you make a limited edition shirt!? Really!!? Are you going to get it framed like a baseball jersey and hang it up with your posters? Most of the fans breathed a deep sigh of relief when you guys started the poster pre-sale for this tour. It took all the stress out of getting to the show early and racing to the merch table. You could just go and enjoy the show for a change. Then you come up with this shirt nonsense, and all those people were right back in the same boat again. Just Infuriating.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Songburst wrote:
    You can tell that they are fakes because they are of good quality.
    :lol::lol::D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10